I Want A TKF

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
lightbender ain't a keel fish and i've not ridden a sunstone but between banjo and tkf, banjo fo sho.

Reactions: sdsrfr

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
totally different boars. i think of the banjo as an updated tkf.

if you ordered a swallow tail flare-box (fusebox?) with that now now twin fin placement you’d be closer to a lightbender clone.

to be fair, I’ve only ridden the banjo and flare a handful of times since getting the albums.

Reactions: oeste858

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Thanks. I’ve got a couple TKF that I love, so based on erBB hype banjo was on my list. But I’m deep down the album / performance twin rabbithole and having too much fun on these for now. Jones RCP twin would probably be next on my list.

Reactions: Aruka and sdsrfr

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I think the plastic is super backfooted. Mason and coco both agree in east. Pass for me. Sunstone looks really good. Or i’ll just get stamps wtfo in fish dims
Sunstone sound like their closest boar to a modified trad TKF. So maybe that would be most comparable to Banjo?

Reactions: Aruka

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Can’t really tell from the photos but isn’t the sunstone upright modern twin, not keels?

Boxes look pretty far back but never seen on IRL.

i thought the sunstone was an Asher Pacey mod of the UTF, which was their tkf.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
banjo fucks
i got one off the rack earlier this year. never really buy off the rack - but at the time Tim wasnt taking orders and this was close to what i was gonna order. love this board. only had ridden one other TFK before this one and the little updates are $$. Flare/Banjo is pretty much my socal quiver for ever.

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014
I think the plastic is super backfooted. Mason and coco both agree in east. Pass for me. Sunstone looks really good. Or i’ll just get stamps wtfo in fish dims
Get the stamps wtf retodd edition. Little swallow tail with beveled chined rails in the rear for hold and glass ons for mucho speed:jamon:

Reactions: Havoc