I want a longboard

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Surprisingly Lance was always cool with me, but I have seen him soul crush some kooks on perfect waves.
Guy gives zero fcks.

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
Saw Andy out at the point this afternoon. Hadn't been in the water with him in a while, and he was in full sociopath mode. 11ft board, and like a conveyor belt going on one after another. Dude gives no fucks, and will ride the exact same board when it's 10ft out.
St. Onge?

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I am 5’10.

thinking about talking to junod. I had a board from him I loved back in the day, I think Gregs boards are rad too.

also being doing the c list sniping , what ya got ??? :)

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Many moons ago, Friend #1 bought a board from West Cliff Surfboards. (Are they still around? Anyone know the people behind the label?)

It was, I don't know, a big wave longboard? Somewhat rounded pin-tail, somewhat egg-shaped in the nose, a little displacement hull in the first quarter of the board, and flat out the back, didn't seem too thick and was foiled out nicely. Big glassed in center fin.

I remember seeing him catch stacks of waves in all manner of surf, and maybe the only time it seemed not to work was in the strong offshore days or quick breaking small stuff.

He may still have it in the rafters. He put it up there after (so) many repairs couldn't stop the delamination.

If I went the longboard route, I'd like to try out that planeshape, and have adjustable centerfin.

Found an old phot of Friend #1 on the board I was trying to describe...first half of the wave is over, now considering to nurse it to the inside bar or not:

• Love
Reactions: bluengreen

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
This what it looked like, Doof?
iView attachment 123490
No.

His board was more "egg-shaped" in the nose. And the fullness was carried through the end of the board more...the above images show the tail tapering too quickly.

His board seemed more suited to bigger Santa Cruz waves than bigger beach break waves (where you might want a more pointy nose).

I'll see if I can get an actual photo of it. this weekend.

Meanwhile, here he is on another wave with same board: