I started a surf brand...

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I ordered one of the surf gothic shirts. Probably the most my cheap ass has ever spent on a t-shirt but you gotta support da erbbros, ya know?

Best of luck with your biz, Ratty B.

Also I would dig a shirt with a design that pokes fun at patagucci.

Maybe the fish logo wearing a gucci purse or something stupid like that.

Bud

Nep status
Apr 20, 2001
Oahu
www.808surfer.com
I'm putting this post here so when you hit the big time I can prove we were bff's back when you was just a 'far-side-crayon-cartoons-on-t-shirts with your wife modeling them thru snapseed filters' guy.

yo can I get a screenshot and a qft?

RattimusBeach

Nep status
Jun 2, 2014
Torrance, CA
Hey Aruka, thank you so much for your order. Yes, I definitely understand these aren't cheap and you've spent your hard earned money on this random dudes shirt designs. I appreciate it very much and I'm hoping you will enjoy the quality of the tees.

With your support I will keep working hard, hopefully making Surfiction into something worth while for everyone. Thank you for also supporting a local brand and recycling.

Aruka said:
I ordered one of the surf gothic shirts. Probably the most my cheap ass has ever spent on a t-shirt but you gotta support da erbbros, ya know?

Best of luck with your biz, Ratty B.

Also I would dig a shirt with a design that pokes fun at patagucci.

Maybe the fish logo wearing a gucci purse or something stupid like that.

RattimusBeach

Nep status
Jun 2, 2014
Torrance, CA
You never know, so why not buy a shirt? Gotta start from somewhere!

Bud said:
I'm putting this post here so when you hit the big time I can prove we were bff's back when you was just a 'far-side-crayon-cartoons-on-t-shirts with your wife modeling them thru snapseed filters' guy.

yo can I get a screenshot and a qft?

over the falls

Tom Curren status
Jan 11, 2002
clownburg the OC
Wishing you the best, grew up with Bob Hurley, Richard Woolcott - way younger than me and Bob.
Preston Murry and Lance Collins and every other Newport kid.
Persistence and common sense marketing skills work better than big jumps and fast
cash. Nothing is overnight. Make it useable, make it reliable and make it affordable . The three keys
to success . If not, get the fuk out of the business . It doesn't take a genius. It takes tenacity and a will
to excell in ones belief. Believe in you're product, believe in you're skills to deliver said product , or get out!!!!
Danny- Quicksilver, Bob - Hurley , Richard Woolcott - Volcom, all Newport Beach boys.
They knew hard work , keep it simple, and make it useable. Do you're studying and work you're ass off. Or you'll be out
Of business before you know it.

JMO. I have meds coming up then bed , and no phone usage after midnight.

Good luck .

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
A friend helped Wooly start Volcom when they were at Quiksilver. Bob McNight sees my friend with a Volcom shirt on and asks, "What's that?" Wooly says we're launching with two shirts and a sticker. Bob laughs at them and says good luck.

RattimusBeach

Nep status
Jun 2, 2014
Torrance, CA
otf said:
Wishing you the best, grew up with Bob Hurley, Richard Woolcott - way younger than me and Bob.
Preston Murry and Lance Collins and every other Newport kid.
Persistence and common sense marketing skills work better than big jumps and fast
cash. Nothing is overnight. Make it useable, make it reliable and make it affordable . The three keys
to success . If not, get the fuk out of the business . It doesn't take a genius. It takes tenacity and a will
to excell in ones belief. Believe in you're product, believe in you're skills to deliver said product , or get out!!!!
Danny- Quicksilver, Bob - Hurley , Richard Woolcott - Volcom, all Newport Beach boys.
They knew hard work , keep it simple, and make it useable. Do you're studying and work you're ass off. Or you'll be out
Of business before you know it.

JMO. I have meds coming up then bed , and no phone usage after midnight.

Good luck .
Thanks otf! Really gives me inspiration to keep my head up and believe in what I do. sh!t, I'm in Fresno, CA trying to start a surf brand. I'm doing what I want and I believe in it! Thanks man for the encouragement!

RattimusBeach

Nep status
Jun 2, 2014
Torrance, CA
casa_mugrienta said:
I'm looking for a new sponsor. I can be your new team rider.
Hey Casa! I bought a few boards off of you actually, not sure if you remember. I remember getting your Merlot and something else...yea man, if you're interested, I'd be down. Honestly, it's just me trying to start this thing so if you have any ideas, please let me know. I don't have much money but I'm open to working something out. Thank you!

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I think I remember meeting your wife or girlfriend to pick up a board for you.

Did she mention I bear a striking resemblance to a young Shaun Tomson?

That means you are in luck.

Because Shaun Tomson is a handsome man.

So for adspace we need to revive the old INSTINCT style ads. Who would have thought a surfwear comapny hq'd in Alexandria, VA could be successful?

Put Shaun in the place of Tom with me as Shaun and we having a winning first rollout.

Also, I want Arny Freytag to shoot the ad.

:monkey:

j/k Wish you the best though. Tough market.