I propose SURFER as the 4th gender.

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
genderunicorn1.jpg

Definitions:
Gender Identity: One’s internal sense of being male, female, neither of these, both, or another gender(s). Everyone has a gender identity, including you. For transgender people, their sex assigned at birth and their own internal sense of gender identity are not the same. Female, woman, and girl and male, man, and boy are also not necessarily linked to each other but are just six common gender identities.
Gender Expression/Presentation: The physical manifestation of one’s gender identity through clothing, hairstyle, voice, body shape, etc. Many transgender people seek to make their gender expression (how they look) match their gender identity (who they are), rather than their sex assigned at birth.
Sex Assigned at Birth: The assignment and classification of people as male, female, intersex, or another sex based on a combination of anatomy, hormones, chromosomes. It is important we don’t simply use “sex” because of the vagueness of the definition of sex and its place in transphobia. Chromosomes are frequently used to determine sex from prenatal karyotyping (although not as often as genitalia). Chromosomes do not always determine genitalia, sex, or gender.
Physically Attracted To: Sexual orientation. It is important to note that sexual and romantic/emotional attraction can be from a variety of factors including but not limited to gender identity, gender expression/presentation, and sex assigned at birth.
Emotionally Attracted To: Romantic/emotional orientation. It is important to note that sexual and romantic/emotional attraction can be from a variety of factors including but not limited to gender identity, gender expression/presentation, and sex assigned at birth. There are other types of attraction related to gender such as aesthetical or platonic. These are simply two common forms of attraction.

Usage:
The Gender Unicorn uses a Creative Commons License. This means you can share the infographic with credit, even for commercial purposes. You do not have to request permission to use it.

Recommended citation:
Trans Student Educational Resources, 2015. “The Gender Unicorn.” http://www.transstudent.org/gender.

Example of how to fill out your own Gender Unicorn:

Many people were curious if agender and asexual people were included in this graphic. In short, they are. For example, identifying on the left of the sexuality spectra would indicate no attraction. Each arrow is a sliding scale, not a checkbox.

Changes from The Genderbread Person
You may recognize this graphic as similar to The Genderbread Person
by itspronouncedmetrosexual. We created this graphic with significant changes to more accurately portray the distinction between gender, sex assigned at birth, and sexuality. Ultimately, we wanted to recognize genders outside of the western gender binary, which the Genderbread Person does not. Not all trans people exist on a scale of womanhood and manhood. There are several other issues with this graphic such as the use of the inaccurate term “biological sex,” the use of “asex” (which fails to recognize that everyone has sex characteristics prescribed to them), and several other issues with terminology and presentation.

Sources:
Queer and trans organizers have been making the distinction between gender identity, gender presentation/expression, sex, and attraction for decades. No one person or organization has created the concept. However, similar gender mapping concepts to the unicorn seem to have originated on social media sites like Tumblr. https://www.reddit.com/r/transgender/comments/ipgod
Illustrations by Anna Moore. Design by Landyn Pan, Eli Erlick, and many others.

If you have any questions, feel free to email us at TSER [at] transstudent.org!

• Dislike
Reactions: PRCD

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
I'm sure this will go over well here.

What does this have to do with 4th grade? Did I miss the education reference in the text?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Anyone wondering why this is showing up, Olathe High School in Kansas has a "Human Growth and Development" class - I don't know if that means biological or mental. This worksheet was apparently handed out.

Some parents thought this didn't amount to jack sh!t and their high schoolers could deal with it, some said it invaded privacy if it had to be turned in, some obviously said this should be between the student, the head of the church the parents force the student to attend, and the electroshock conversion therapy machine therein.

There have apparently been some recent incidents in greater KC - a teacher talked sh!t on LGBT/Muslims, some kids staged a walkout in support of a bullied gay classmate, etc.

I don't propose adding surfer as a gender; the people who give a sh!t one way or another about this horseshit are the absolute last people I want in the flat when I'm lining a good one up. Guaran-fucking-teed to Scumbag Steve paddle up the face instead of Good Guy Greg'ing it deeper and duck diving.

In conclusion, the best season is just getting started, and almost nobody gives a f--k about Kansas.

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
Thanks for the background sharkbisquit.

Okay now that I know what's going on, a lil story.

There's a guy who surfs my local all the time and we've chatted for a couple years now.
We ended up exchanging contact info (we are both musicians) and it turns out he is a they.
But, with a wetsuit and hood/hat there's no indication whatsoever.
It's kinda like being a SURFER gave them a lack of a gender.

Not like I care either way. Seems like a nice and talented person, and reads waves very very well.

Reactions: afoaf

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The great thing about being old is your gender becomes irrelevant.

Nobody wants to F you cuz you are all old. :dancing:

Let's get real, the whole gender issues is about signaling who and who you don't want to fuck.

Please note: In this post, I have no intention of trivializing gender dysphoria or old people or fucking.

Thanks

Last edited:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Is it for you guys too?
For my preferences, yes. Lots of Floridians are mega cold pussies and hurricanes get all the hype, so lots of people think September is some kind of big deal. It's fun when it hits but it's often a dud and lots of the hits are total fucking shitshows.

For me, summer is way too hot and humid, the waves suck, smaller trade swells focus on two hyper-packed spots, day to day life is a crowded shitshow...

But now it's comfortable outside, we've got more North windswells, just more pleasant all around.

HarryLopez2

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 11, 2020
This is what makes teaching 2nd grade more awesome, most of my kids don't even know what a pronoun is yet. Although unicorns are discussed.

Reactions: Boneroni

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
This is what makes teaching 2nd grade more awesome, most of my kids don't even know what a pronoun is yet. Although unicorns are discussed.
An erBBer's 2nd grade teacher once handed out this worksheet, and wouldn't you know, that erBBer's class was also into unicorns. As it happened, this teacher instructed the students to return the completed worksheet. One of the first students to complete the assignment filled out all the fields with other, and added that gender identity, gender expression, sex assigned at birth, physically attracted to, and emotionally attracted to were unicorn.

When she was grading the homework that evening and came to the erBBer's worksheet, the teacher frowned and un-capped ol' red. She gave the work a D grade, and noted that there are no unicorns. When she passed out the graded homework the next day, she made a note to pay attention to the pupil's reaction, to see if there was confusion or anger. However the poor mark on the assignment didn't produce any reaction at all on little Eunice's face.

Several weeks later, the teacher was found with her arms amputated and her breasts very recently scrubbed with bleach and wiped with alcohol.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
A lot of people here prefer winter too, but not as many as prefer fall or even summer. Are unicorns warm blooded?

b.r.

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2003
Leucadia
www.youtube.com

There's a guy who surfs my local all the time and we've chatted for a couple years now.
We ended up exchanging contact info (we are both musicians) and it turns out he is a they.

Not like I care either way. Seems like a nice and talented person, and reads waves very very well.
Pat? or Chris?

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

Pretty sure not a musician but I know a now "they" who graduated hs with my son who surfs and dads a professor at UCSB. Trips me out a little but still same dude with woman clothes now:foreheadslap: