I miss Glenn Campbell

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
I caught a late 1964 Beach Boys concert in Richmond, VA. Campbell filled in for the missing Brian Wilson (Campbell was a studio musician who played on some of the early Beach Boy hits). He did a great job. I think he and John Denver pretty much sewed up American music on TV in the late 60s and 70s.

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
The dude was a shredder on the guitar.
Campbell was an incredible guitarist. He was hired as a studio musician in LA while still in his teens. Some of the studio musicians made a record that went into the top 10 nationwide, they called themselves The Champs. Their record; ‘Terquila!’ Campbell didn’t tour with The Champs because of his young age at the time but he gigged with former members to make ends meet at the time.

Last edited:

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Glen played in a place called Cisco's in Manhattan Beach. FUN beach bar. A guy named Claude Hall & Jack Ging were the owners. Hall, was known as The Marlboro Man. The cowboy, in the ciggy TV ads. The Rightous Brothers. I think John Denver as well. Ike and Tina Turner and the Ikette's. Jimmy Reed and his swampy blues guitar. The Smothers brother's use to park their Bentley's out front on Highland Ave.
Clint Eastwood slid through a couple of times with other Hollywood notables.

Campbell had the voice and the looks that evening and knocked it out of the park with his group.
Country music player Roy Clark and Campbell were guitar extraordinaires.

:cheers: ... for making me Smile