I feel stupider already. Much stupider.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
koa smith is everywhere i look these days on some picture or video.... does his dad own the internet?

• Haha
Reactions: sushipop

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
For the record, I've played 'Spin the bottle' twice.

First time was just Kaye, Sharon, and I.

Should have stopped while I was ahead.
First time was in Maryland, US-80s (early). Contestants were me, Mandy, and her sister, whose name name I cannot recall. Barry Manilow's "Mandy" was on the radio all the time back then, and would make me sad, because I missed Mandy when had to go back to California.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Doof

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
Looks like the typical recycled reality tv formula with surfing as a side show. Young, dumb, and emotionally unstable characters facing manufactured conflict and sexual tension. Got to have some LGBQTWSL diversity and inclusivity. Does the winner get a wildcard spot for the pipe masters?
Great description of reality tv formula.

Each winner (one guy, one gal) gets $100k plus wildcard entries into three championship tour events (events to be determined by the WSL). Pipe Masters enties are too valuable to give away like this.

hotCheetos

OTF status
Mar 28, 2020
wow koa smith got sent home already because he cut slaters head in the shaving challenge. bummer.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Cheesy af. But I surfed with some of them and you gotta do what you gotta do.

There’s this superstition at my regular if you say someone’s name, especially someone who hasn’t been out for a bit they magically appear. Wanted or not. There’s this guy Ken that everyone hates, he went MIA for a swell and the lineup was happy he was on a trip. Next thing you know he paddles out. So I’m telling them not to say someone’s name that we don’t want to see. Two of my friends start chanting Tia Blanco Tia Blanco. Haha

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
IMO it was pretty dumb. Not as dumb as I was expecting, but I couldn't finish it.

If they had taken the whole thing more seriously (used The Ultimate Fighter template) it would have gone over better IMO. (with me. I don't think I'm the target audience) It's kind of a combination of a small bit of the TUF concept with a larger portion of Bachelor in Paradise. TUF has the drama of the fight, and people can understand that somewhat. A show that was all about the surfing would flop because most of America won't get it. They need sexual tension, manufactured drama and young scantily clad bodies to attempt to hold what they think is their audience. I think. Whatever. If Zeke Lau doesn't win the thing, it's probably a travesty.

Somebody DM me if there's a Chris Ward cameo with a jacuzzi scene. :dancing:

The real winner here will be WaveStorm. I'm sure there are freighters full of the things steaming towards a Costco near you as I type. Hooray.