I Diddin do Nuffins

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
uhm, no.
It's more like taking out the trash
Yeah everything is a choice including you moving from Florida to California and now you want final solution for the homeless here.

How about you choose to move back to Florida?

That would be a smart choice, rather than suffer in this liberal shithole.
yeah Caca! Assimilate to liberalism or GTFO!

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
I will never understand the idea of feeding people, who even though they are healthy, and work is available, choose not to work.

And even more, I will never understand looking the other way when that same healthy but unwilling person sh1ts on your doorstep, and expects you to clean it up.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Just like The OC has been bussing their homeless up to LA? That’s a band aid not a solution. Just like tossing your mess into the closet and closing the door.

From the tropical shores of Honolulu and Puerto Rico, to the badlands of Utah and backwaters of Louisiana, the Big Apple has sent local homeless families to 373 cities across the country with a full year of rent in their pockets as part of Mayor Bill de Blasio’s “Special One-Time Assistance Program.” Usually, the receiving city knows nothing about it.

City taxpayers have spent $89 million on rent alone since the program’s August 2017 inception to export 5,074 homeless families — 12,482 individuals — to places as close as Newark and as far as the South Pacific, according to Department of Homeless Services data obtained by The Post. Families who once lived in city shelters decamped to 32 states and Puerto Rico.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
I will never understand the idea of feeding people, who even though they are healthy, and work is available, choose not to work.

And even more, I will never understand looking the other way when that same healthy but unwilling person sh1ts on your doorstep, and expects you to clean it up.
Seriously, you think everything is a choice?

Did you choose your parents?

How about their education, wealth?

Place of birth, school?

You chose all those things that made you who you are?

Do you think people choose mental illness or whatever health problems they may be dealing with?

I find that attitude extremely arrogant and ignorant.

Very few people choose to be homeless.

We need to ask why is this happening in America, the wealthiest country in the world and not in other developed Western nations?

What could be the reason that our society has this problem?

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
That’s literally what happens. These people are not victims of anything but their own bad decisions
Says the guy who was born in a wealthy educated white family who supported him financially and emotionally and his education through the first 20 years of his life.

That's some good choices you made!

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
IMO we should involuntarily commit the mentally ill and substance abusers to residential rehab/clinics that help them get their lives together, and provide housing and other assistance to the temporarily down-and-out.
I agree with this but for one item. Do not commit them into residential rehabs. I would go full NIMBY on that, especially since it wouldn't take much to refurbish the former radar base/prison base north of Kramer Junction and many places just like it.

Reactions: everysurfer

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 29, 2019
I agree with this but for one item. Do not commit them into residential rehabs. I would go full NIMBY on that, especially since it wouldn't take much to refurbish the former radar base/prison base north of Kramer Junction and many places just like it.
I think fixing homelessness is one thing we can all agree on here on the errrrbbb. I volunteer at the shelters downtown on the xmas holidays.

Instead of buying expensive land in DTLA where it will cost 300k per person to build housing, why not buy a large parcel of land out in the desert out past palmdale and build affordable housing and rehab facilities?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I think fixing homelessness is one thing we can all agree on here on the errrrbbb. I volunteer at the shelters downtown on the xmas holidays.

Instead of buying expensive land in DTLA where it will cost 300k per person to build housing, why not buy a large parcel of land out in the desert out past palmdale and build affordable housing and rehab facilities?
The homeless problem in this country is fast becoming our biggest problem, if it isn't already. If only it were so easy to fix. The problem is that it's a multi-faceted problem that's going to take multi-faceted large scale initiatives to fix that isn't advantageous to either side of the political spectrum. It's sad and pathetic that so many people are slipping through the cracks and living in sub-3rd world conditions in one of the wealthiest countries in the world.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Seriously, you think everything is a choice?

Did you choose your parents?

How about their education, wealth?

Place of birth, school?

You chose all those things that made you who you are?

Do you think people choose mental illness or whatever health problems they may be dealing with?

I find that attitude extremely arrogant and ignorant.

Very few people choose to be homeless.

We need to ask why is this happening in America, the wealthiest country in the world and not in other developed Western nations?

What could be the reason that our society has this problem?
What is the point of arguing with me if you ignore what I said, and have an imaginary conversation in your head. That is schizophrenia

I did not say nor do I think EVERYTHING is a choice. I was only discussing the subset of homeless who are healthy and able to work, yet choose not to. The mentally ill should be sheltered and kept safe. My Dad is currently in memory care. He is completely unable to care for himself. Yet it is really pleasant there when I visit him. He is warm, clothed, bathed and fed. The staff has activities for different folks depending on their level of ability.

This should be funded for all mentally ill by the State. (Fecal, I hope you read it this time.)

But everyone who is homeless by their own choice and is messing up the world should be sent to work, jailed, or sent away from civilization.

Unemployment is at 3%. Every fast food establishment has a help wanted sign. Every construction company is hiring. School is free. Community College (trade school ) is practically free. Go get an AA degree in cosmetology and cut hair. Go get an AA degree in accounting and be a book keeper. Go get a camera and photoshop, and be a photographer. The dumbest fvck in the world can do that!

And I guarantee you have never spent a day talking to a homeless person about their problems.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
What is the point of arguing with me if you ignore what I said, and have an imaginary conversation in your head. That is schizophrenia

I did not say nor do I think EVERYTHING is a choice. I was only discussing the subset of homeless who are healthy and able to work, yet choose not to. The mentally ill should be sheltered and kept safe. My Dad is currently in memory care. He is completely unable to care for himself. Yet it is really pleasant there when I visit him. He is warm, clothed, bathed and fed. The staff has activities for different folks depending on their level of ability.

This should be funded for all mentally ill by the State. (Fecal, I hope you read it this time.)

But everyone who is homeless by their own choice and is messing up the world should be sent to work, jailed, or sent away from civilization.

Unemployment is at 3%. Every fast food establishment has a help wanted sign. Every construction company is hiring. School is free. Community College (trade school ) is practically free. Go get an AA degree in cosmetology and cut hair. Go get an AA degree in accounting and be a book keeper. Go get a camera and photoshop, and be a photographer. The dumbest fvck in the world can do that!

And I guarantee you have never spent a day talking to a homeless person about their problems.
Uh Okay, you know nothing about me.

You have no clue what these people are dealing with so how can you claim that they are homeless by choice?

Do you have any evidence to support that?

Talking to a homeless person is not evidence.
Logic and reason dictates that most sane people would prefer to have a home.

Furthermore, I asked several times, why is the richest country in the world that has this problem and no other developed nation?

What's with out society that's producing so many homeless people?

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Uh Okay, you know nothing about me.

You have no clue what these people are dealing with so how can you claim that they are homeless by choice?

Do you have any evidence to support that?

Talking to a homeless person is not evidence.
Logic and reason dictates that most sane people would prefer to have a home.

Furthermore, I asked several times, why is the richest country in the world that has this problem and no other developed nation?

What's with out society that's producing so many homeless people?
With 50,000 posts, I actually know a lot a out you, and it isn't pretty.

Talking to a homeless person, and listening to every bad decision they make isn't evidence!?! You sound like a tRump supporter now!

And why does no other developed country have this problem? It's because we feed them! We grow them!

I guess we also have more, because in Europe, the cull the herd every winter when the freeze to death

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
The Calvinists are out in full force again
You are yet to answer with any coherency how did you choose all the things that made you who you are.

How and when did you choose:

1) Your Parents​
2) To be born in Santa Cruz and not a shithole​
3) School​
4) your parents' education​
5) Your families financial and class status​
6) Your race​
7) You sexual orientation​
8) Your DNA​
LMK THX!​