I Diddin do Nuffins

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
i think if you perpetually refuse to live indoors (shittingg in the street and the rest that goes with it) you ARE a harm to yourself AND others.

You should be put into a facility against your will if necessary.

There have been numerous fires started just in the last month at homeless “camps” in LA, Ventura, Santa Barbara, Lompoc, Santa Maria.

Hundreds of needles found on Venice Beach today. 15th century deseases springing up in Los Fuckking Angeles. Human feces everywhere. It’s harming public health, the environment, property, quality of life and it harms the homeless as well.

Enough is enough.

Our idiot fuckk sticks running this state are busy banning straws while people shoot up and sh!t on sidewalk. The policies in place now only encourages more of the same.
NOBODY is benefiting from this except a cottage industry of politically connected “non-profits” and building contractors.

Politicians use homeless people as a prop to show they “care”.

And the idiot masses keep voting them back in.
I hear you complaining but what is your solution?

As far as fires started by homeless last month I found one one article. A half acre blaze. Homeless mthrfckr starts a half acre blaze? Burn him at the stake!

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
So put homeless people in jail?

That’s a strange stance for a libertarian.
Well that's not a good solution but we cannot let the status quo continue.

There's a tension between "the problem is no homes, so the solution is to give them homes" vs "homelsssness is just a symptom of mental illness and substance abuse, giving them homes won't solve anything". Since we are so polarized no politician can admit that both sides are correct lest they commit political suicide; so they put up useless band-aid solutions to say they did something and let the problem fester.

IMO we should involuntarily commit the mentally ill and substance abusers to residential rehab/clinics that help them get their lives together, and provide housing and other assistance to the temporarily down-and-out.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
I've worked alongside the homeless, I've hired them as day laborers. Most of them have drama filled lives by choice. They may be drug users ( a choice). Defiant of authority ( most times a choice). Or just lazy ( a choice)

Let me also say there is no housing shortage. Let me say it again louder,
THERE IS NO HOUSING SHORTAGE

There is a shortage of cheap houses in nice places. And what makes a place nice? No shitty people fvcking things up.

If you can't afford the rent in California, then get on a greyhound and move to Chicago. Just get off your ass and do something.

Jerry Brown said something to the effect that housing is scarce in California, because property owners don't want any more built, because then their value would go down.

So go to where the folks are happy with more houses. Go to Florida, or Oklahoma or North Dakota, or the Carolinas.

I don't want anybody fvcking up the nice place where I live.

I'd be fine with forced dormitory housing, and forced paid labor. Round up everybody who wont work, and give them a choice.
1) Fix your own problem and get a job
2 )Farm work for a decent wage and dormitory housing.
3) Ship them to Area 51 and turn them loose.

And anyone hearing voices, mental disabilities, and the like gets sent to facilities where they are cared for in a humane fashion.

It should not cost $100,000 a year to take care of someone with diminished capacity at a private hospital. The State should take care of those who can't take care of themselves

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

As far as fires started by homeless last month I found one one article. A half acre blaze. Homeless mthrfckr starts a half acre blaze? Burn him at the stake!

I told you my solution. If you live on the street and refuse to take shelter that’s offered you’re crazy and should be put in a mental health facility.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Well that's not a good solution but we cannot let the status quo continue.

There's a tension between "the problem is no homes, so the solution is to give them homes" vs "homelsssness is just a symptom of mental illness and substance abuse, giving them homes won't solve anything". Since we are so polarized no politician can admit that both sides are correct lest they commit political suicide; so they put up useless band-aid solutions to say they did something and let the problem fester.

IMO we should involuntarily commit the mentally ill and substance abusers to residential rehab/clinics that help them get their lives together, and provide housing and other assistance to the temporarily down-and-out.
Homelessness problem is a reflection of the society.

Look at the source of the problem.

Cause, not effect.

This is an almost exclusively a US problem amongst developed Western Nations.

Why is that? Because we have more mentally ill and lazy people?

No we don't.

The real solutions are almost always counterintuitive, smart man once said.

War on homeless, like war on drugs and war on illegal immigrants, will not work.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Maybe california voters should give some different people with different ideas a shot at this.

This is one party state. It’s all on them. They are fucking this up big time. Time for a new direction.

Reactions: Ifallalot

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009

People like Duffy are literally trying.

Saying homelessness is choice is no different saying that undocumented immigrants are murderers, rapists and drug dealers.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Maybe california voters should give some different people with different ideas a shot at this.

This is one party state. It’s all on them. They are fucking this up big time. Time for a new direction.
Not going to happen.

In my private life I rarely talk politics.

But it seems more and more these days people have no issue publicly expressing their opinion. At work, at social gatherings.

Nobody thinks things are going in the right direction. The homelessness, illegal immigration, quality of life issues, a new tax every week, etc.

Then these exact same people go and vote for candidates that are responsible for these problems...Candidates with polar opposite viewpoints from their own...I guess because voting for an (R) candidate just isn't cool?

Remember the video of those angry Haight Ashbury residents that had enough of the homeless problem in their niehgborhood? How many of them voted for this guy?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
You have an attitude of willful ignorance.
how m
Not going to happen.

In my private life I rarely talk politics.

But it seems more and more these days people have no issue publicly expressing their opinion. At work, at social gatherings.

Nobody thinks things are going in the right direction. The homelessness, illegal immigration, quality of life issues, a new tax every week, etc.

Then these exact same people go and vote for candidates that are responsible for these problems...Candidates with polar opposite viewpoints from their own...I guess because voting for an (R) candidate just isn't cool?

Remember the video of those angry Haight Ashbury residents that had enough of the homeless problem in their niehgborhood? How many of them voted for this guy?

I love that these are the things that the daily caller and it’s “readers” are worried about

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
You have never spent a day, or a week, or longer with a homeless person.

You have never asked them about their life over a cheeseburger.

A couple of weeks ago, I had that pleasure. I listened to her story of how her kids would put her up, but she would have to leave the State. And how she couldn't go, because she was waiting for her boyfriend to get out of jail. And how he was in jail for riding a bike, against traffic, on the sidewalk. I questioned jail for a traffic ticket. She said it was really because he had warrants for probation violation.

Soooooo......

1) She chose to not go to her kids
2) She chose a loser boyfriend
3) He chose to be a criminal
4) He chose to violate probation
5) He chose to ride his bike on the sidewalk and run folks over
6) She chose to work part time for a labor service for minimum wage rather than get a steady job.

And these are the same stories that they all tell.

And if you still think it's not their fault after stories like this from "the front line" then you are choosing to be ignorant

• Love

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
You have never spent a day, or a week, or longer with a homeless person.

You have never asked them about their life over a cheeseburger.

A couple of weeks ago, I had that pleasure. I listened to her story of how her kids would put her up, but she would have to leave the State. And how she couldn't go, because she was waiting for her boyfriend to get out of jail. And how he was in jail for riding a bike, against traffic, on the sidewalk. I questioned jail for a traffic ticket. She said it was really because he had warrants for probation violation.

Soooooo......

1) She chose to not go to her kids
2) She chose a loser boyfriend
3) He chose to be a criminal
4) He chose to violate probation
5) He chose to ride his bike on the sidewalk and run folks over
6) She chose to work part time for a labor service for minimum wage rather than get a steady job.

And these are the same stories that they all tell.

And if you still think it's not their fault after stories like this from "the front line" then you are choosing to be ignorant
you’re conflating poor life decisions with choosing to be homeless.

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 29, 2019
So put homeless people in jail?

That’s a strange stance for a libertarian.
no send them all to Minnesota or Chicago.

that will fix the homelessness problem.

I think you really don’t understand libertarianism.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
no send them all to Minnesota or Chicago.

that will fix the homelessness problem.

I think you really don’t understand libertarianism.
Just like The OC has been bussing their homeless up to LA? That’s a band aid not a solution. Just like tossing your mess into the closet and closing the door.

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 29, 2019
Just like The OC has been bussing their homeless up to LA? That’s a band aid not a solution. Just like tossing your mess into the closet and closing the door.
nope, there are no homeless in those cities. Guess why.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
You have an attitude of willful ignorance.
Yeah everything is a choice including you moving from Florida to California and now you want final solution for the homeless here.

How about you choose to move back to Florida?

That would be a smart choice, rather than suffer in this liberal shithole.