I can’t get on a plane and go to a wedding with Covid right?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
calculator seems to say if you are still symptomatic you still aren’t even at the 5 day count off day yet. I literally feel no better or worse than I did 10 days ago. Given my moms recent major health issue, and the flying, and all the other stuff, I really don’t want her catching this (or any) version. It’s fine and manageable and annoying for a healthy 43 year old, but she and her friends are mostly twice that age. Not worth the risk nor having even the whisper of doubt if someone does fall severely ill. Flights are cancelled (and all those dollars are in my flight bank to use for a trip to florida to fete the newlyweds once we are Covid free) and I got a full refund for my $900 hotel room on the beach

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Since you asked, I believe that deep down inside the OP does not want to go to this event.
Nope. We were fullly stocked for this. My guilt is just a deep seated guilt from years and years of letting my parents down when I was a young drunken idiot. I’m now a sober and responsible man making sober and responsible decisions, but there is always that guilty teenaged-subway voice that feels like I’m always letting them down

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Damn, its a shame that you’re missing the celebration
but you and mrs subway can celebrate with mom and new dad when it makes more sense

hope you and mrs feel better soon

Reactions: Subway

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
Can't or shouldn't?
Everyone is going everywhere with sicknesses again. Not an opinion meant to influence a decision, just a fact for information. Whatever event you're thinking about, if people are going to it, some people going sick. Life is very much back to normal in that way. "I'm staying out because I have COVID" is the current "I don't want to go" :shrug: you probably shouldn't go, if you're an "abundance of caution" type. But someone sick is going to be there. When is the last time you were in a room with more than ten people and no one was sniffling or coughing?
Not judging, just observing.
Well said.

… there is one other important factor - the old age of the people he’s going to be around… substitute Flu, or other contagious condition for Covid n you end up w the same “should I stay or should I go“ decision WO the political drama.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Well said.

… there is one other important factor - the old age of the people he’s going to be around… substitute Flu, or other contagious condition for Covid n you end up w the same “should I stay or should I go“ decision WO the political drama.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Anybody else sick AF but test negative for covid? Have this crud in my chest. Fukcing awful.

Reactions: Random Guy

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Anybody else sick AF but test negative for covid? Have this crud in my chest. Fukcing awful.
Yes. I suffered for about three weeks finally went to a doctor got a z pack

it was worse than covid

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
early on, a family friend gave it to his 70yr old parents, both were hospitalized for weeks, mother died. Father still has lingering issues. I don’t know how the guy sleeps at night. I would be wracked with guilt.

If you said the party was all healthy 20-30 yr olds, that might be different. But with seniors, NOT worth the risk IMO. People can argue with whatever numbers and data they want, but the reality is each person reacts differently and seniors are much more likely to have more serious symptoms.

Last edited:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
To avoid spreading COVID I killed myself. Saved the environment at the same time. Everyone should do it.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
When my father got re married in his 80’s after the death of my mother, I got “sick” and went surfing.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Well mom is bummed but in 100% agreement.

If we had tested negative on Sunday, and weren’t still very symptomatic, and got another negative before the flight, it wouldn’t be as concerning. But we’re still sitting around in a fog coughing up lung butter and feeling generally chitty, and still lighting up the antigen tests.

no need to go on a Johnny Covid-seed adventure to florida, spreading Covid seed in 2 of the country’s busiest airports, and a weekend surrounded mostly by folks most at risk of serious illness from Covid.

Reactions: oeste858 and Aruka

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA

If we had tested negative on Sunday, and weren’t still very symptomatic, and got another negative before the flight, it wouldn’t be as concerning. But we’re still sitting around in a fog coughing up lung butter and feeling generally chitty, and still lighting up the antigen tests.

no need to go on a Johnny Covid-seed adventure to florida, spreading Covid seed in 2 of the country’s busiest airports, and a weekend surrounded mostly by folks most at risk of serious illness from Covid.
You’re a good man, Charlie Brown.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit

I have a free flight, room in my moms bed next to her, please?

Or, you could just send us some of that flem?

Bitch has taken to gratuitously insulting the only son and daughter in law that would open their home to her.

Trade you moms?

:socrazy::shrug::socrazy:

:monkey::foreheadslap::monkey:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
man you have to start :poke:setting some boundaries

Finally got a negative Antigen test just now, still feel kind of crummy but not as congested, so i figure i'm pretty much done.

5 days from now would the day after the wedding, so, the right decision was made