I can’t get on a plane and go to a wedding with Covid right?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Still cranking out antigens over here, 8 days into this dance. Flights in 4 days, wedding in 6. Oh and it’s my 76 year old unvaccinated mother (allergies not an anti vaxxer) marrying her 84 year old boyfriend. That’s a game of Russian roulette we can in no conscience play, right? I mean, even if I got a negative tomorrow or Tuesday, I’d still be a nervous wreck. And in this current surge, say we go down there and several guests get sick (they’ll be 90% senior citizens) and it wasn’t my fault but how would we ever know?
I’m leaning towards “if I’m even asking myself, then I already know the answer.”
1C8E8017-2270-4AC5-B412-3B9F3B48723E.jpeg
His and hers antigen tests. 10 am Sunday 5/29

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yeah. I think I essentially need all the reassurance I can get that it’s the right and prudent decision, which will offset the guilt at missing my mothers wedding.
My little cousin is AV savvy I’ll have him webcast it

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Also, when have several um, strong willed and opinionated posters all agreed so quickly and so thoroughly? Has that ever even happened? That’s probably all the sign I need.

And I guess the guidelines still say to be cautious after 5 days after a negative test. Even if those strips came back negative we would still be cutting a fine line flying this Thursday

abalone

Michael Peterson status
Jan 16, 2002
My vote: don't go.
Recently we returned from a fabulous trip to Kauai with the unwelcome gift of COVID. While symptoms were mild, hubby continued testing positive for 14 days, while I was + for 10, which surprised us. Felt fine after five days.

Reactions: PPK96754

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
My vote: don't go.
Recently we returned from a fabulous trip to Kauai with the unwelcome gift of COVID. While symptoms were mild, hubby continued testing positive for 14 days, while I was + for 10, which surprised us. Felt fine after five days.
Other than that how was your vacation?:drowning:

kelpcutter

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 24, 2008
Wife's coworker recently tested positive on trip to Europe and had to delay return. Tested negative, flew home, then tested positive again. You probably want to see more than one negative before exposing your mom.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Yeah. I think I essentially need all the reassurance I can get that it’s the right and prudent decision, which will offset the guilt at missing my mothers wedding.
My little cousin is AV savvy I’ll have him webcast it
It's hotter than fckng hell here and the beaches are socked in with slimy sh!t-grass.

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Can't or shouldn't?
Everyone is going everywhere with sicknesses again. Not an opinion meant to influence a decision, just a fact for information. Whatever event you're thinking about, if people are going to it, some people going sick. Life is very much back to normal in that way. "I'm staying out because I have COVID" is the current "I don't want to go" :shrug: you probably shouldn't go, if you're an "abundance of caution" type. But someone sick is going to be there. When is the last time you were in a room with more than ten people and no one was sniffling or coughing?
Not judging, just observing.