I’m at a military base right now and...

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
...I’m in a parking area working on a piece of equipment which is brand new. Last year at this same spot I worked on a different brand new piece of equipment that was replaced by the one I’m working on now. The one I worked on last year is sitting on a never been used flatbed truck to be haul off to the trash. It too was never used.

This is $50k piece of equipment. Never used, replaced by the exact same thing (that is unlikely to be used). By the end of today I will have worked on 9 such pieces of equipment. All new replacements for the unused stuff I worked on last year.

Looking around I see 4 new semi trucks, a new towable generator, 4 towable lighting rigs (new), 5 new fork lifts and a bunch of Ford F450s (all new).

One day of work for me (plus another day of paperwork). $14k.

Thanks, Trump!

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Congress just approved 22 billion increase in defense spending just after Trump cut food stamps for the needy, exactly what Jeebus would do?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I just went to a school x-mas party.

The school has so much $$$$$ right now.

Meanwhile, my office chair has a diareea poop stain from 7 years ago.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I just went to a school x-mas party.

The school has so much $$$$$ right now.

Meanwhile, my office chair has a diareea poop stain from 7 years ago.

Our IT closest has some older Dell 1080 IPS panel screens. Maybe three years old. I don't think they make this model any more.

Anyway, I asked a few higher ups if I could buy one for 50% off what we paid.

No luck.

They are still there 6 months later.

Maybe I just need to offer $40 to the temp in that section one of these Fridays.....

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Our IT closest has some older Dell 1080 IPS panel screens. Maybe three years old. I don't think they make this model any more.

Anyway, I asked a few higher ups if I could buy one for 50% off what we paid.

No luck.

They are still there 6 months later.

Maybe I just need to offer $40 to the temp in that section one of these Fridays.....
There is this thing: It's called stealing.

It's how you get stuff.