Huntington Beach - Massive Protest - Surfers Revolt!!!

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Probably just fake news...

give it another week. same anti vaxxers its just like the flu morans are the protesters. The thing that people don’t realize is that the world will never be the same after this event yet they want to go back and party at the beach like nothings ever happened

Reactions: bigtuna

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
How about we start letting the younger people get back to work? Test them, if they are negative or have antibodies let them get on with it. Take the money that is being used to keep low risk people at home and apply it to higher risk people who need assistance to continue their social isolation.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
How about we start letting the younger people get back to work? Test them, if they are negative or have antibodies let them get on with it. Take the money that is being used to keep low risk people at home and apply it to higher risk people who need assistance to continue their social isolation.
Is it even confirmed that antibodies give you immunity? Or is that still a lot of wishful thinking?

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Is it even confirmed that antibodies give you immunity? Or is that still a lot of wishful thinking?
They don't know. My Dr. called me last night. He wants me to get tested for antibodies this week. My take was why? They don't know that antibodies confer immunity. His reason for sending me is he is convinced that is what I have had and If that is correct, I should donate plasma. Goody.

My take with the antibodies would be that they may tell you if you can be exposed to the virus again and survive it. This is my layman's theory of, "if you went through the sh!t and lived once, you should be able to do it again." Plus it would get testing done on a wider scale and you could potentially find a lot of plasma donors.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Immunity is never going to happen

It's time to start taking risks and stop the "all in this together" nonsesne

The at-risk need to triple their precautions and let everyone else get back to work

Reactions: stringcheese

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
give it another week. same anti vaxxers its just like the flu morans are the protesters. The thing that people don’t realize is that the world will never be the same after this event yet they want to go back and party at the beach like nothings ever happened
Ever thought the increase in cases might be correlated to the increase in testing as opposed to correlation from the protests

You're the math guy

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
this. Going back to the world we used to know is a fantasy.
I don't think I would give up on that as an unobtainable fantasy. It may be a couple of years away, but it will happen. The Spanish Flu changed the world for a couple of years. Then it was done. We have a LOT more medical technology/knowledge than we did then. We'll get past this. Or some of us will.

I wouldn't give up so easy.

Reactions: JBerry

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I don't think I would give up on that as an unobtainable fantasy. It may be a couple of years away, but it will happen. The Spanish Flu changed the world for a couple of years. Then it was done. We have a LOT more medical technology/knowledge than we did then. We'll get past this. Or some of us will.

I wouldn't give up so easy.

The economy is going to collapse because we're only listening to epidemiologists and not economists and neither of those two understand each other much anyway.

And physicians who know they way forward with this - triage - can't speak up because their career will be toast.

USA = done

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
The economy is going to collapse because we're only listening to epidemiologists and not economists and neither of those two understand each other much anyway.

And physicians who know they way forward with this - triage - can't speak up because their career will be toast.

USA = done
Time to start learning Chinese

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019

USA = done
If we keep this up indefinitely, you may be correct. Unfortunately this whole thing has inexplicably been turned into a political issue and all the sheeple on the left and the right are lining up to parrot their team beliefs. It's just how mindless this nation is at the moment. Everything is politicized and then the two sides that are already completely polarized mindlessly spout their team drivel.

And if we are going down the Chinese go with us. They need us to buy their cheap crap. If we don't buy their cheap crap, their economy is in the tank along with ours

Reactions: bigtuna

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
They don't know. My Dr. called me last night. He wants me to get tested for antibodies this week. My take was why? They don't know that antibodies confer immunity. His reason for sending me is he is convinced that is what I have had and If that is correct, I should donate plasma. Goody.

My take with the antibodies would be that they may tell you if you can be exposed to the virus again and survive it. This is my layman's theory of, "if you went through the sh!t and lived once, you should be able to do it again." Plus it would get testing done on a wider scale and you could potentially find a lot of plasma donors.
Hopefully that’s the case. Did you test positive? I think I missed that post.

Also keep in mind that things like Shingles (which is also viral) when they come back tend to come back worse than the previous bout.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Hopefully that’s the case. Did you test positive? I think I missed that post.

Also keep in mind that things like Shingles (which is also viral) when they come back tend to come back worse than the previous bout.
Tested negative. I've been sick over a month now. The Doc wanted me to go right back in for another test. Said he'd had patients that had received false negatives. I declined and stayed home.

Shingles is closer to herpes/chicken pox as I recall, but, I am most assuredly NOT a doctor. And there is a ton we don't know re this. People are going around thinking antibodies give them immunity. I'm not at all sure about that. Which is why I was going to decline the antibody test. Doc talked me into that because of the value of plasma donations from people with antibodies. He's been pretty impressed with the usage of such on people in the throes of C19. Plus I am curious. He assured me that tests are pretty readily available now so I wouldn't using up scarce resources. We'll see. He was going to get me in this next week.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Tested negative. I've been sick over a month now. The Doc wanted me to go right back in for another test. Said he'd had patients that had received false negatives. I declined and stayed home.

Shingles is closer to herpes/chicken pox as I recall, but, I am most assuredly NOT a doctor. And there is a ton we don't know re this. People are going around thinking antibodies give them immunity. I'm not at all sure about that. Which is why I was going to decline the antibody test. Doc talked me into that because of the value of plasma donations from people with antibodies. He's been pretty impressed with the usage of such on people in the throes of C19. Plus I am curious. He assured me that tests are pretty readily available now so I wouldn't using up scarce resources. We'll see. He was going to get me in this next week.

That's my concern as well that everyone is hopeful that they've already been infected and are therefore immune and can carry on with life. Frankly I think we all wish it could be so simple.

I have a friend who lives in Elysian park and had been routinely walking by the testing center at Dodger Stadium. He said on a given day when you needed a referral for testing the line of cars to get in was only 3-10 cars deep. Within a day of Garcetti opening the testing up to the public for free the line was hundreds of car deep. He sent video that was insane. Gotta wonder how many of these people are actually symptomatic or are just hoping to find out they have the antibody? Frankly if I'm not sick I don't see the point in waiting in such a line.

Anyway you're still a dick but I hope you feel better! ;)