How to, or how not to, Tinder?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Yeah. That sounds right, actually.
You tap out for the day at a certain point, which should be a moment of self reflection...

Bumble was 1000 times better for me at the time.
Bumble is brilliant. By allowing the chick to choose you it immediately puts you in the power seat. They sell it as being an app for women but it really favors men :beer:
This was my approach during the match.com desktop days :roflmao:

Reactions: Chocki

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Bumble is brilliant. By allowing the chick to choose you it immediately puts you in the power seat. They sell it as being an app for women but it really favors men :beer:
This was my approach during the match.com desktop days :roflmao:
I remember hating Bumble forget why. Hinge wasn’t bad except a lot of chicks would shoot themselves in the foot in their lengthy profiles at some point tbh. Ima fire that one up again soon

Pretty sexy 42 yo Latina school teacher just matched me lol.

Reactions: grapedrink

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Bumble was 1000 times better for me at the time.
Bumble took that second stack of organic likes and matches I mentioned earlier and filtered them further by having the women speak up first if they wanted further engagement from you.

so many people are on the apps for feel good matches and nothing more. Bumble cut down that signal to noise terrifically.

Reactions: grapedrink

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I always imagined things like this:

Any halfway reasonable female option on Tinder is going to be FLOODED with dudes and their interest in matches would not necessarily align with your timeline. Match, throw some communication out there (not necessarily at the same moment), know that it might not be the time and that they may or may not respond - not because they're being rude, but because they may not be trying to rock the app the same way you are on that day/month/time period.

With Bumble, there was a ticking clock and women had to start communication with you or you unmatch and go back in the stack. If any bite, they have expressed at least some interest in keeping things open. At that point, a few charming messages and then she gets the phone number so we can get off the app. Then you're more than likely going to link up and go from there at some point.

It worked for me. No horror stories. Bumble was productive and almost entirely normal. I got strung along a few times where girls clearly didn't want to meet up, but most of the time it was clear from the start if that was the MO. Very few IRL dates ended up feeling unenjoyable. Sometimes they were looking to hook up immediately, some were clearly down but waited a few dates, and at least 1 was super cool but we never really had physical chemistry.

Tinder had WAY more BS profiles that were obviously fake and WAY more women that were on it that never responded or disappeared. It also had the most straight up - "We don't need to keep talking we can just take our clothes off" types. One girl was actually super rad and we probably would have dated longer if I didn't move.

It was a fun period of my life that was in the middle of a pretty destructive period of my life. But it can get exhausting quickly and fuck up the way you relate to women and relationships pretty easily if you don't have other social outlets.

Last edited:

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
@Duffy LaCoronilla you will be proud of me bro. Texting a smoking hot wicked stylish super chill hippy chick I just met at the supermarket. No cap.

Spotted her in produce looking fine and she caught me eyeballing her. Next thing you know it’s game on and I said can I give you my number lol.

the erBB will love this. Here being here she works for herself doing something with psychedelic plants

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Turns out along with being wicked hot (part Cherokee, along with Black, Russian and there was something else) and just an all around radical chick (shes processing lilacs for her business this afternoon) she’s also wayyy older than she looks. 40 going on 28 bro. And you know that this chick takes fucking seriously. I’m taking her out to dinner next week along with ”something outdoorsy fun and adventurous” (horseback riding) after that.

1715286691884.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: SurfFuerteventura

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Pretty sure I run out of candidates after about 10-15 profiles.

slow season now, should pick up in June/july.

for @Duffy LaCoronilla got the hot er docs number. Only, she knows all my “weaknesses” …. Guess if she still wants to go out with me that’s a good thing.
SurfFuerte and the Dirty Dr smh. Running out of candidates happens here too. Tourist season is also coming here too.

Looks like hippie chick got cold feet/buyers remorse and Im probably getting ghosted. Not that big a deal bc as awesome as she was (googled her and she has her sh!t together business wise) she’s also a wicked dirty hippie in terms of lifestyle friends etc and while I’m trying to become more enlightened I will always be a reefer toking lazy bum at my core who thinks eating healthy means making a salad before eating an entire frozen pizza. I will also never feel comfortable going with hippies to second locations.

Not surprised either, bc women are fickle creatures and change their minds like the winds change direction. Speaking of which as a proud and beautiful balding man I’m still offended by your wife’s spinster friends blanket statement about men’s hairlines @sdsrfr In response if you ever get a chance show them some pics of Ed Harris for me. I’m dying to know how fast an amendment to the rule would be enacted lol

1715350573637.png

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2024
@Duffy LaCoronilla you will be proud of me bro. Texting a smoking hot wicked stylish super chill hippy chick I just met at the supermarket. No cap.

Spotted her in produce looking fine and she caught me eyeballing her. Next thing you know it’s game on and I said can I give you my number lol.

the erBB will love this. Here being here she works for herself doing something with psychedelic plants
Just from reading this I'm guessing Ojai

• Haha
Reactions: sdsrfr

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Just from reading this I'm guessing Ojai
Bro Ojai ain’t got sh!t on us.

Caller said someone possibly passed out on the ground in front of their home, appearing to be either drunk or high. Police made contact with the woman who advised she was okay and only “meditating.”

Caller said an intoxicated female was “threatening and harassing” individuals by the bank. Police made contact with the woman, who would only identify herself “as a tree.”

Caller said someone possibly passed out on the ground in front of their home, appearing to be either drunk or high. Police made contact with the woman who advised she was okay and only “meditating.”

Welfare Check, Albertsons— Caller said a man was passed out by the mailboxes without shoes. Police made contact with the man who was “just resetting.”

Caller said they saw a man walking down the road carrying a bow and three arrows. The caller added the man wasn’t doing anything but looked “suspicious.”

• Haha
Reactions: shoaltoad

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
SurfFuerte and the Dirty Dr smh. Running out of candidates happens here too. Tourist season is also coming here too.

Looks like hippie chick got cold feet/buyers remorse and Im probably getting ghosted. Not that big a deal bc as awesome as she was (googled her and she has her sh!t together business wise) she’s also a wicked dirty hippie in terms of lifestyle friends etc and while I’m trying to become more enlightened I will always be a reefer toking lazy bum at my core who thinks eating healthy means making a salad before eating an entire frozen pizza. I will also never feel comfortable going with hippies to second locations.

Not surprised either, bc women are fickle creatures and change their minds like the winds change direction. Speaking of which as a proud and beautiful balding man I’m still offended by your wife’s spinster friends blanket statement about men’s hairlines @sdsrfr In response if you ever get a chance show them some pics of Ed Harris for me. I’m dying to know how fast an amendment to the rule would be enacted lol

View attachment 180044
It’s not about how much hair you have, it’s what you choose to do with it. note I said pattern baldness in general not specifically receding hair lines.

that said, my barber calls me the Panther.

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
over 35 its one thing only...how much money you have - forget everything else, Assets = attractiveness.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
It’s not about how much hair you have, it’s what you choose to do with it. note I said pattern baldness in general not specifically receding hair lines.

that said, my barber calls me the Panther.
Sex Panther bro

I’ve thought about fixing it but ain’t nobody got time for that lol. Maybe when it started thinning but that ship sailed along time ago.

over 35 its one thing only...how much money you have - forget everything else, Assets = attractiveness.
Disagree. A lot of chicks in that age bracket have their own money/sh!t together. Money = gold diggers and sugar babies. Getting jacked and having style beyond that of “outdoor dad” = mucho sexo ???

Still casually dropping “by accident” a wad of hundreds along with one of the monster condoms you need for your magnum dong in front of a chick is the ultimate afrodesiac

• Haha
Reactions: jkb and keenfish

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
Sex Panther bro

I’ve thought about fixing it but ain’t nobody got time for that lol. Maybe when it started thinning but that ship sailed along time ago.

Disagree. A lot of chicks in that age bracket have their own money/sh!t together. Money = gold diggers and sugar babies. Getting jacked and having style beyond that of “outdoor dad” = mucho sexo ???

Still casually dropping “by accident” a wad of hundreds along with one of the monster condoms you need for your magnum dong in front of a chick is the ultimate afrodesiac
My single pals with money crush it with the ladies wildly more than my pals with other qualities but not money lol. Guy I went to college with has a sick loft in SF, is a chubby nerd but a wealthy tech guy...He lives like fucking hugh hefner.. As near as I can tell it is the true measure of a mans worth by the ladies in this weird world.