How the administration is handling the coronavirus pandemic.....

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
sirfin's "list" conveniently omits the China travel ban on Jan 31. And the Europe travel ban in early-mid March (that probably should've been done in Feb, but racist/xeno hell would've been paid then too.)

And plenty of other inconvenient truths to further his narrative.
go ahead !! )

I asked GromsDad what was missing-I'll add it to the list !! )

China travel ban on Jan 31
Europe travel ban March 12

what else ?? )

btw-I hope you are well SurfDog !! )

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
If coronavirus (or SARS, MERS etc...) had started in Mexico than I'd agree with you that emulating the Korean response would make sense but, it did not.

In the summer of 2005, President George W. Bush was on vacation at his ranch in Crawford, Texas, when he began flipping through an advance reading copy of a new book about the 1918 flu pandemic. He couldn't put it down.
When he returned to Washington, he called his top homeland security adviser into the Oval Office and gave her the galley of historian John M. Barry's "The Great Influenza," which told the chilling tale of the mysterious plague that "would kill more people than the outbreak of any other disease in human history."
"You've got to read this," Fran Townsend remembers the president telling her. "He said, 'Look, this happens every 100 years. We need a national strategy.'"

• Wow
Reactions: the janitor

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
If coronavirus (or SARS, MERS etc...) had started in Mexico than I'd agree with you that emulating the Korean response would make sense but, it did not.
but emulating the Korean response still make sense no matter where or even what starts !! ) duh !! )

:)

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
Yes, if we were all but next door to China and China's history of nasty sh!t coming out of it. We are not.

we still needed to get scientific on the motherfcker !! )

no matter what !! )

handle your business !! )

doofus potus bragging/asleep at the wheel/fox and friends !! )​

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
it also misstates the fact that the US learned about this in late December
and the security council was notified on December third.

keep carrying that water, sisyphus!
Yet not a single Dem in Congress or Senate gave even 2 bat shitz about it AT ALL in December or even January for that matter. They knew just as much about what was "reported" from China in Wuhan at the time, but said and did diddly squat.

Impeachment was the only bead on their target. NOTHING else mattered in December and January. Many even CLAIMED it was no big deal, and just some "China virus problem" that wouldn't affect us in the USA at all, back then.

Blames goes ALL around for any lack of pro-activity back in December/January. Fed, state and local.

Get over your Monday morning quarterbacking on this, already. Containment and eventual lifting of lock-down should be the main focus now. Finger pointing at this stage just looks petty and a useless waste of energy and resources. We need cohesive action at all local, state and fed levels now. Some local/state agencies and public companies are better than bureaucratic fed action at this point.

We can't and shouldn't depend on a centralized government when it comes to addressing a country 2500 miles across with 330 million people, all with diverse needs of "action". As mentioned, there's STILL entire counties in the west with ZERO cases of CV-19, so far. Do they need the same attention as NYC metro, Detroit, New Orleans right now?

Look at how centralized guv/hospitals has worked in Italy, Spain and France with a fraction of our population. Those 3 nations COMBINED are about 1/2 the USA population, yet have 4 TIMES the total deaths from CV-19, so far.

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country

we still needed to get scientific on the motherfcker !! )

no matter what !! )

handle your business !! )

doofus potus bragging/asleep at the wheel/fox and friends !! )​
Are now not getting all sciency on this? So far this thing is about 1/10th as deadly as seasonal flu (despite what that Fauci is claiming or pulled from his bunghole recently).

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
relatively good news !! )

I would still rather have their problems !! ( :

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
Get over your Monday morning quarterbacking on this, already. Containment and eventual lifting of lock-down should be the main focus now. Finger pointing at this stage just looks petty and a useless waste of energy and resources.
which is it ??)

this or the other 95% of your post ?? )​

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
The politicization of this is complete and utter bullshit.

Perfect example

Yesterday some of my colleagues were bitching about Trump not taking any action back in January.

Literally, they were the exact same colleagues telling me in late February I was "paranoid" and that "none of this will happen here" and "thanks for putting us all on alert lol."

So I couldn't help but call them on their bullshit (in a friendly banter sort of way)

Asked them to consider their "it's not going to happen here" response to what I was telling them just weeks ago.

Then asked them why they think the American public in mid January would have accepted a shutdown of international travel, stay at home order, social distancing, etc.

Response was sort of like this: