How the administration is handling the coronavirus pandemic.....

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
That's a pretty low bar, and he only rates as "possibly" or "likely"?
Kushner's daddy bought his way into Harvard, the same way Trump's daddy got him into Penn. In Kushner's public appearances, he has come across as less deluded than Trump but also as a complete idiot.

There's a reason the original brain trust, Steve Bannon, detests Kushner. It's not because Kushner is some sort of brainiac.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

:)

WELCOME BACK HAL !! )

Remember to always follow the rules !! )

Ich werde Befehle wie ein guter Deutscher befolgen

another huge Trumby lie today: "We've tested more than any other country"

NOPE.
Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 3.04.30 PM.png

Last edited:

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
Lifted from somewhere else on the Internet:

Captain Trump of the RMS Titanic: There isn't any iceberg.

There was an iceberg but it's in a totally different ocean.

The iceberg is in this ocean but it will melt very soon.

There is an iceberg but we didn't hit the iceberg.

We hit the iceberg, but the damage will be repaired very shortly.

The iceberg is a Chinese iceberg.

We are taking on water but every passenger who wants a lifeboat can get a lifeboat, and they are beautiful lifeboats.

Look, passengers need to ask nicely for the lifeboats if they want them.

We don't have any lifeboats, we're not lifeboat distributors.

Passengers should have planned for icebergs and brought their own lifeboats.

I really don't think we need that many lifeboats.

We have lifeboats and they're supposed to be our lifeboats, not the passengers' lifeboats.

The lifeboats were left on shore by the last captain of this ship. Nobody could have foreseen the iceberg.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Lifted from somewhere else on the Internet:

Captain Trump of the RMS Titanic: There isn't any iceberg.

There was an iceberg but it's in a totally different ocean.

The iceberg is in this ocean but it will melt very soon.

There is an iceberg but we didn't hit the iceberg.

We hit the iceberg, but the damage will be repaired very shortly.

The iceberg is a Chinese iceberg.

We are taking on water but every passenger who wants a lifeboat can get a lifeboat, and they are beautiful lifeboats.

Look, passengers need to ask nicely for the lifeboats if they want them.

We don't have any lifeboats, we're not lifeboat distributors.

Passengers should have planned for icebergs and brought their own lifeboats.

I really don't think we need that many lifeboats.

We have lifeboats and they're supposed to be our lifeboats, not the passengers' lifeboats.

The lifeboats were left on shore by the last captain of this ship. Nobody could have foreseen the iceberg.

If in mid January presidente Trump had issued an order halting international air travel, issued a stay at home order, said he was ordering 100,000 ventilators, and invoked the Defense Production Act...would you, your friends, and your coworkers have gone along with it?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
If in mid January presidente Trump had issued an order halting international air travel, issued a stay at home order, said he was ordering 100,000 ventilators, and invoked the Defense Production Act...would you, your friends, and your coworkers have gone along with it?
Probably about as much as I/we/they are now?

I mean is this a clear-eyed, competent hypothetical Trump, or a corrupt imbecile stopping mid-sentence to pat himself on the back?

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
First week of February for sure. was on a snowboard trip with a guy who gets materials from China for his printing business in SoCal first week of Feb. he saw it coming before then and was in process of making contingency plans. anyone who did business in China would have known corona was coming our way that early.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Just remember. This is all about TV ratings and stock market numbers, not human lives.

Trumby: "Were going to put a hold on money spent to the WHO."
Trumby: "Anyone who wants a test can get a test"
Trumby: "It's going to be down to zero in a very short period of time"
Trumby:"I will protect you if your governor fails"
Trumby: "The federal government is not your backup"
Trumby: "We've done a lot of really great things"
Trumby: "Only 60,000-100,000 deaths instead of 2 million"

2009 H1N1 Deaths (USA): Between 8868-18,306
2020 Covid-19 Deaths (USA): Currently 18,235

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
First week of February for sure. was on a snowboard trip with a guy who gets materials from China for his printing business in SoCal first week of Feb. he saw it coming before then and was in process of making contingency plans. anyone who did business in China would have known corona was coming our way that early.
So in other words, no.

You would have invoked the 25th amendment.

Reactions: Ifallalot

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
it's one thing to be caught offsides by a once in a 100 year event but to INTENTIONALLY misrepresent the scope of risk after being informed of said risk . . . . if hell exists that is the place for those people.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
it's one thing to be caught offsides by a once in a 100 year event but to INTENTIONALLY misrepresent the scope of risk after being informed of said risk . . . . if hell exists that is the place for those people.
Thank you.

I think Americans are way too liberty-oriented to have gone along if Trump tried to lock sh!t down in January.

Conversely, I think it's hilariously obvious that if the shoe was on the other foot HRC and De Blasio would have had a knock down drag out fight over the bars/celebration on St. Patrick's Day, and you can fckng forget almost every Red State governor doing a damn thing until it was far, far too late, to own the libs.

I haven't checked every model spread of the coronavirus.

So far, the one that is most off, is that 15 was headed to 0. That one has been the most wrong. All to be self-serving jackass for one media cycle.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
another huge Trumby lie today: "We've tested more than any other country"

NOPE.
View attachment 89117
I'm thinking he is probably right, with the possible exception of maybe the Chinese

as a simple test of your theory you could multiply the # of people in each country by the current figures in that graph and it'll probably give you a better gauge on # of tests given

or go look at the Johns Hopkins map, which shows us as having left the pack behind with just shy of 500,000 confirmed cases, Spain is second with 157,00 cases.

got any firm figures on how many tests we've actually done? I'm curious

and lazy