How the administration is handling the coronavirus pandemic.....

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
It means that nobody cares how much the badorangeman is hurting your feefees and disrupting your life. You still have to get up and go to work the next day, take care of your family, stay healthy, etc. Putting a disproportionate amount of emotional energy into screaming orange man bad dozens of times a day is bound to be disruptive to other areas of your life.

In other words, focus on what you can control, and don't waste time on what you can't.

LOL, you've posted about Trump, proud bois, etc far more than I have about those issues.
Lying dummy.

You've never ever said "life goes on" about a trans issue or when one of your alt-right heroes got canceled.

Only about Trump.

You care about your happiness so much that you DGAF about the fact that the president of your country is smearing his dhiarhea all over your face but a trans person demanding to be called in a certain way crosses the line and causes you to lose your sh!t.

lololo

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I'm butthurt that people think paying someone to publish something means there is a problem with academia.

Just so we're clear, it's way less retarded to think cutting of a man's dick makes a woman, than to think cutting off a man's rib makes a woman.
Not all of academia, just the social sciences.

• Haha
Reactions: FecalFace

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Lying dummy.

You've never ever said "life goes on" about a trans issue or when one of your alt-right heroes got canceled.

Only about Trump.
My only position with the trans movement is that they should not be competing in sports of the gender they switch to, or at least biological men competing as women. Otherwise, if you want to pretend to be the opposite gender, knock yourself out, just don't expect me to think you're an amazing athlete just because you beat a bunch of girls with less than half of the muscle mass as you, that you carried over from your previous gender. The only other thing I oppose are policies that police language as they pertain to transpeople or any other group.

As for the alt-right speakers, I have zero respect for any of them. Although I do respect their right to speak at venues where they have been given permission to speak, and to be able to do so without interruption. To cheerlead for deplatforming is fundamentally Un-American, because freedom of speech is also a cultural ideal that transcends its constitutional and legal origin. Myself and many others have tried explaining that to you dozens of times, but it's proven to be analogous to explaining sex to a virgn.

Anti free speech leaders have been proven to be the most dangerous leaders in the history of the world, far more dangerous than the bad orange man, which is why I oppose anyone with those tendencies, regardless of which team they are on. That said, Trump himself has shown some of those tendencies with his attitude towards the media, and I do agree that that is also a problem.

You care about your happiness so much that you DGAF about the fact that the president of your country is smearing his dhiarhea all over your face but a trans person demanding to be called in a certain way crosses the line and causes you to lose your sh!t.

lololo
I actually do care about how Trump is handling this crisis, in addition to many other dumb decisions he has made regarding tax policy, the deficit, etc. I just know that crying badorangeman is not going to fix anything, so instead I focus my energy on what I can control. Like my own life. Learn the difference already.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Yawn. You know what kinds of social science/humanities fields and teachers I am speaking of.
Yeah, the ones who aren't actually causing any detriment of note to society.

The deal with Florida State went thusly. Charles Koch would pledge $1.5 million to the school's economics department. That would fund two new faculty positions who would teach subjects related to, as the agreement specified, "political economy and free enterprise." Oh, and a representative of Mr. Koch would sit on an advisory board to help select the two new faculty members.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Yeah, the ones who aren't actually causing any detriment of note to society.

Detriment to society might me a bit hyperbolic, but they are certainly influencing a fair number of young people with kooky ideas. That, in fairness, most of them will grow out of once they actually get a job that actually allows them to start paying down their student loans.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Detriment to society might me a bit hyperbolic, but they are certainly influencing a fair number of young people with kooky ideas. That, in fairness, most of them will grow out of once they actually get a job that actually allows them to start paying down their student loans.
I could say the same about Conservative orthodoxy on economics. Hayek wrote The Road to Serfdom and is considered influential among Conservative economists and people with a hardon for his granddaughters milk hoarding reservoirs. The University of Chicago, no Keynesian crew, wouldn't even let him teach at the Economics Department.

He was "Professor of Social and Moral Science at the Committee on Social Thought" at the University of Chicago. His position was bought and paid for by the William Volker fund, under the direction of Volker's nephew, who shifted the fund from helping poor people to shilling Austrian/Conservative bullshit.

When his nephew croaked, some of that money went to poor people in Kansas City, some to Stanford's Hoover Institute, another right wing shitshow.

Reactions: grapedrink

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I actually do care about how Trump is handling this crisis, in addition to many other dumb decisions he has made regarding tax policy, the deficit, etc. I just know that crying badorangeman is not going to fix anything, so instead I focus my energy on what I can control. Like my own life. Learn the difference already.
By conflicting with the people you are judging you have as much poop on you as they do.

Make no mistake, I'm here for the poop.

If you are here, you are covered in it like everyone else.