How Not to Park Your Boat

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
The fact that more of these morons don't die is amazing. The number of people who go out on and in the ocean without having a clue how the ocean works or an ounce of respect for the power of the ocean is huge.
Preach. Not to mention how many of them are three sheets to the wind.

Reactions: bluemarlin04

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Anyone got insight to this?

I contacted a Southern California dealership to purchase a boat. Was told it was arriving in mid December.

Gave them a 15k deposit.

Once they received deposit they said they called the manufacturer and there is a delay in builds and thanks for your patience. I say ok.

I check again yesterday (a month later) to find out if they got any updates on the delays and they tell me the delays are now indefinitely.

I checked yesterday on when it would be cause I need to get financing in order and was anticipating this month or the next. Now it being indefinite I have no idea when that’ll be or what interest rates could look like when it actually delivers.

I def did not agree to that when I placed my deposit (who tf would? Give us a deposit and we have no idea when it could be???)

I just want my deposit back. There is nothing in the forms I signed that say it is non-refundable and from what I understand California has pretty good consumer protection.

Just want to understand my rights before I ask for the deposit back.

• Wow
Reactions: keenfish and r32

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
You can’t normally go in that area on a boat right?
Well, you can but with the contest running we just needed to stay outside the contest buoys.
The lifeguard boat kept us out of the way but didn't tell us to leave.
I forget the rule but as a boater you are supposed to stay at least 300 yards outside when you are motoring or something like that.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Bezos' new superyacht.

They will have to dismantle an old bridge to get the boat into open water.

$540m
412' long
Three 229' masts

Wll be the largest sailing yacht in the world.

Last edited:

LelandCuz

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 21, 2011
Lahaina
Bezos' new superyacht.

$540m
412' long
Three 229' masts

It's 27' shorter than the sailing yacht (Wind Spirit) my company charters in Tahiti. So just the "longest private sailing yacht". Or "a tiny yacht for a bitch".

Reactions: bluemarlin04

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Anyone got insight to this?

I contacted a Southern California dealership to purchase a boat. Was told it was arriving in mid December.

Gave them a 15k deposit.

Once they received deposit they said they called the manufacturer and there is a delay in builds and thanks for your patience. I say ok.

I check again yesterday (a month later) to find out if they got any updates on the delays and they tell me the delays are now indefinitely.

I checked yesterday on when it would be cause I need to get financing in order and was anticipating this month or the next. Now it being indefinite I have no idea when that’ll be or what interest rates could look like when it actually delivers.

I def did not agree to that when I placed my deposit (who tf would? Give us a deposit and we have no idea when it could be???)

I just want my deposit back. There is nothing in the forms I signed that say it is non-refundable and from what I understand California has pretty good consumer protection.

Just want to understand my rights before I ask for the deposit back.
sounds oddly familiar. I put 15k down on a boat in dec 2019. deliver date pushed back and back and back. finally took delivery October. Is what it is. fished last two days. best waste of my money ever. can't wait to waste more.

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
Bezos' new superyacht.

$540m
412' long
Three 229' masts

And the bonehead designer made it too big to fit under the bridge. Now there's a big kerfluffle about taking apart the bridge, locals are pissed.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
And the bonehead designer made it too big to fit under the bridge. Now there's a big kerfluffle about taking apart the bridge, locals are pissed.
Yeah I’m actually really curious to see how that plays out. Scrappy local band of Belgian or Flemish or whatever villagers facing off against the richest Bond villain in the game (he could actually be an ok billionaire for all I really know) but should make for good watching

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
Bezos' new superyacht.

$540m
412' long
Three 229' masts

I can't believe Lauren Sanchez sold out for that dude. :rolleyes: What's he got that I don't got?