You’re 100 percent correct.Okay I missed the part where they were overtaking you. Apologies.
Still, it's way easier to touch the throttle and let them go by than insist for them to tack or do a ton of manouvering because you don't have to give way.
I generally don't press the right of way even when I have it, unless it's more dangerous to manouver than stay the course.
Common sense and courtesy should always prevail.
the only time you’d really be in an overtaking situation like that is entering or leaving a harbor, or in one, or in a narrow. Most of those times the powerboat would have to break the no wake law if they did what you said above.Would you force a sailboat to tack so you don't have to move the throttle half inch?
Agree, though it's hard to believe that a sailboat would be doing more than 5 knots under sail power in a marina or a narrow channel but I've seen weirder things.the only time you’d really be in an overtaking situation like that is entering or leaving a harbor, or in one, or in a narrow. Most of those times the powerboat would have to break the no wake law if they did what you said above.
My pops drives his car super aggressively. Always tells me "so and so is wrong".Yep!
Which is why I always look both ways when using the crosswalk properly. Me having the right of way won't stop me from getting run over by a loser not paying attention.
Wrong.if I remember correctly, there are also rules for sailboats as it relates to the wind in that the overtaking boat cannot block the wind of the stand-on vessel and must overtake on the side that will not disturb their current tack
1- it is law. Many people break it and it’s not often enforced.I'm fascinated with the ocean boating world and always dreamed of having a nice boat in warm water climate. I have so many questions about this video and hoping you guys can learn me.
1. How is there not a law all children must wear lifejackets in a boat? Incredible.
2. (2:00) Why is the boat listing so hard? Don't have they have a bilge pump to get the water out? Weight distribution problem?
3. (7:37) How much does it cost in maintenance and slip for a bad ass boat like that? Do you leave them in the water year round or do you pull them out for land storage with cover? Are they mainly built to fish off or just speed around on the water between your private islands?
4. (11:46) How much it cost to get towed from one of those tow boats? Do they make good money towing idiots all day?
5. For larger boats, do you hire someone to maintain and captain the vessel?
6. (14:22) What kind of a boat is that?
Thanks. Those Pirelli boats look bad ass! I want one.2. also took on several gallons of water on the bow as 8 of 9 ppl sitting starboard.
6.Tecnorib by Pirelli
My heavy 21 foot hydrasports with a 200HP old school Johnson Ocean runner gets about a mile and a half per gallon. I can't imagine the fuel consumption on those boats that have 3-5 outboards stuck off the back. IMHO, they are the stupidest looking boats on the water.What is the point of diminishing returns with the number of outboards on some of these boats?
I see a boat near me with four 350 HP outboards. Three wasn't going to be fast enough? Maybe five would be faster? That's got to be a lot of gas.