How many of your boards gather dust?

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
Most of mine. I have 12 of all types but find myself using 2 just cause i like them better.
Lots of times just one. Garage sale time?

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
My HPSB, a 6'3 Channel Islands Fever. In the winter I'm on the bigger boards most of the time (6'5, 6'8, 7'6, 8'3) and in the summer and fall I'm riding the stubbier boards from a 6'1 Phantom (a step-down for me) down to a 5'8 Twin. The Phantom covers a lot of range for me. I'll ride it from waist high to just overhead. I just dig the speed and glide.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
I’m on injury list too. Have brand new board haven’t even put pad on. I’ve sold 4 in the last month. Trying to dump 2 more. Getting an order in for 2 more. Should have a 5 board quiver when it’s all done. From 10+?

Reactions: rowjimmytour

SharkBoy

Miki Dora status
Oct 22, 2004
I just donated a heap to the Nigerian Surf Federation after watching the Vans weird waves episode...some boards I held on to for too long, hope they find a good home there

encladd

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 8, 2019
I’m on injury list too. Have brand new board haven’t even put pad on. I’ve sold 4 in the last month. Trying to dump 2 more. Getting an order in for 2 more. Should have a 5 board quiver when it’s all done. From 10+?
Don't feel too bad. I ordered 3 before injury. They've been in a closet 5+ months.

Brsnstein

OTF status
Jul 28, 2018
SoCal
1/10 gets used maybe once or twice a year, but serves its purpose. 4 get regular use, 2 only really get used at specific spots in specific conditions or sometimes just to mix things up, which typically confirms those boards should be used at those spots/conditions, 2 are old daily drivers that now serve as backups, and the midlength is there for when I'm feeling it or when friends come in from out of town without a board

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
All of them lately.

I'm working on getting back to surfing though. started working out everyday, running, biking, hitting the gym and swimming.

I hadn't been doing any exercises at all for a while and eating BBQ like there's no tomorrow. Last time I tried to surf I was impressed at how fatiguedI got, quickly. Couldn't even paddle into waves, that bad.

I should already be in a much better position now... just need to get myself to the beach on a weekend with waves to see how far I still need to go. Lots of waves this weekend... but it's Carnaval long weekend and absolutely everyone in São Paulo goes to the beach. I'm not sure I want to face the madness head on. Might skip it... what is another week for someone that basically haven't done any real surfing for over 2 years...

Reactions: SharkBoy

bonzer5fin

Duke status
May 9, 2006
your mom
i unearthed the few boards i didn't sell a few years ago. a 5'6" twin by jarvis, a 5'4" haut quad, and a 5'0" kneeboard like twin keel spoon by alta california. rode the 5'0" today and had a blast.

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Now that I live in SoCal again, my guns might as well be wall-hangers. I also have a couple extra shortboards I used to ride all the time that just gradually got replaced by other boards. If anyone wants to buy a 6'2" Griffin quad or 6'1" Hess quad, each with Lokbox fins, hit me up.