How many "Influencers" do we have on the erBB?

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
That list seems hilariously wrong. I haven’t even heard of some of these people. And some aren't very relevant, like Lakey.

Medina has over 8 Million followers on Instagram

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I work with a lot of influencers. It's a weird fcking World. Endorsement money isn't nearly as good as you think, only because there are so many desperate influencers out there who take dog sh!t deals. The real money is "coaching" others to become influencers.

Reactions: oeste858 and Havoc

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Flip side of this there are also tons of people that can make a few hundred bucks a week as micro influencers linking up a niche hobby with a few growing brands and that cash is useful for a lot of people. Especially if it’s just sports or hair or fashion or <gasp> surf related or what ever it is they enjoy that is even a little marketable. In my office alone that I know of (granted I am sort of a grizzled amicable veteran who doesn’t have much interaction, let alone know the hobbies of, most of the hundreds of people on our floor) I know 2 people that have little side micro gigs, ones a drag performer the other young adult is into hair. They both make some decent side cash from just a couple thousand followers. In NYC, making not particularly well paid entry level sales assistant salaries, an extra few hundred here and there just sharing and hyping something you are into anyway is worthwhile it seems

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I'd say the peak of influencerism was maybe 2 years ago. There were legit money deals happening. I've seen a few pulling $300-600K per year back then. I saw their Paypal histories. These people were very talented content producers and created a lot of content and value for their endorsement deals (e.g. the brands were using the influencers content in marketing materials, billboards, sales sheets, etc).

If you're good, it isn't difficult to make $100K combined from all your deals, consulting and partnerships.

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
Have a fiend who own a gym here in Bali and he says it is crazy how many ïnfluencers" hit him up for free gym use while they are here -

take a look at the unstoppable surfer on IG -

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
My biz and the whole social thing with brands are working well together.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Those bubble-butted, bouncy-boobed Coffey sisters can influence me however they like for at least a little while.

Reactions: Ifallalot

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Flip side of this there are also tons of people that can make a few hundred bucks a week as micro influencers linking up a niche hobby with a few growing brands and that cash is useful for a lot of people. Especially if it’s just sports or hair or fashion or <gasp> surf related or what ever it is they enjoy that is even a little marketable. In my office alone that I know of (granted I am sort of a grizzled amicable veteran who doesn’t have much interaction, let alone know the hobbies of, most of the hundreds of people on our floor) I know 2 people that have little side micro gigs, ones a drag performer the other young adult is into hair. They both make some decent side cash from just a couple thousand followers. In NYC, making not particularly well paid entry level sales assistant salaries, an extra few hundred here and there just sharing and hyping something you are into anyway is worthwhile it seems
That's interesting. I was actually thinking about that a little bit lately and it would be exactly like you mentioned... Videos about stuff you enjoy.

I thought about making videos about being a drag performer or a hair stylist, two things I love dearly... but would probably veer into BBQ and knife sharpening (two things I just got into. lol). Or maybe turn my 2yr old kid into a youtube child star putting up videos of him explaining the solar system in Portuguese, English and a tad bit of spanish just for a change (he actually does that. lol)

• Haha
Reactions: Boneroni

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
are unboxers just baby influencers?
or is the progression unboxer to hypebeast to influencer?
the internets not the cord ruined everything