How many erbbers currently have covid ?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Anyone get the COVID booster, flu vax, and shingles vax all at once?

That's gotta be a treat.
I did Moderna Booster and Influenza on the same day. I felt hungover the next day and had one mildly sore arm. Can’t remember if it was the Moderna or Influenza arm. But it wasn’t so bad.

Reactions: BentoBox70

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Anyone get the COVID booster, flu vax, and shingles vax all at once?

That's gotta be a treat.
My "surfer Doctor" dropped by my house yesterday to drop off some old, beautiful classic Reyn's - Spooner Phil Edwards Aloha shirt and I hit him up with the question. He said shingles is related to chicken pox. Told him I had it in high school.
Said if you've had chicken pox, the possibilities of getting shingles could happen under "very stressful conditions". He got it when he was 10 y/o and again in his 40's.The lesions were just under his left nipple area and not that bad. When he got it the 2nd time he thought it was wax rash from surfing and a day later figured out it was shingles. He also said there are cases that can be horrendous.
In the end, he told me to call the office if I wanted to go through with the shots and to make an appointment.
I asked about the reactions to the point, he shrugged and said it effect's people in different ways.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
My energy has been minimal at best. Incredible swell here in SB yesterday, and I couldn't muster the desire to get out of my house to surf. I just couldn't do it.

So I went today. It's dropped significantly, and paddling felt like the hardest chore in a while, but I social distanced for an hour and still managed to get around 20 waves.

I call it: T H E R A P Y

I cannot wait to move to the 808. No more full suits with hoods and booties.
Yeah finally some waves coming this weekend, but COLD. I mean single digits. Maybe that’ll snap me back in shape.

Reactions: Subway and sh3

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
My "surfer Doctor" dropped by my house yesterday to drop off some old, beautiful classic Reyn's - Spooner Phil Edwards Aloha shirt and I hit him up with the question. He said shingles is related to chicken pox. Told him I had it in high school.
Said if you've had chicken pox, the possibilities of getting shingles could happen under "very stressful conditions". He got it when he was 10 y/o and again in his 40's.The lesions were just under his left nipple area and not that bad. When he got it the 2nd time he thought it was wax rash from surfing and a day later figured out it was shingles. He also said there are cases that can be horrendous.
In the end, he told me to call the office if I wanted to go through with the shots and to make an appointment.
I asked about the reactions to the point, he shrugged and said it effect's people in different ways.
I got my Hep A/B, Shingles, and TDAP at the same time. No side effects except for one helluva sore arm. I purposely kept the Covid Vax and Flu shots separate with no side effects from the flu shot and only mild symptoms from shot #2 of Pfizer.

We watched my mother in law go through a horrendous bout of Shingles about 15 years ago. She had it under both breasts, down both sides and on her back. She hasn't worn a bra since then. :eek:

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
As far as getting jabbed, why would I risk potential long term side effects on an experimental, rushed vaccine that we have no long term data on.. all for a disease with a 99.7 chance of me being fine..

You do realize how many drugs we fine out a decade or decades later have serious side effects. The list is staggering. Zantac being one such example.
Zantac, the drug you take over a long period of time is the same as mRNA vaccine that you take once and which dissipates in two weeks?

What long term side effects are you expecting? :roflmao:

If you ignore the evidence, it's almost like it doesn't exist.

Reactions: Boneroni

Stinkeye

Miki Dora status
Jan 12, 2002
Gone and haven't looked back..
Visit site
Zantac, the drug you take over a long period of time is the same as mRNA vaccine that you take once and which dissipates in two weeks?

What long term side effects are you expecting? :roflmao:

If you ignore the evidence, it's almost like it doesn't exist.
since there has NEVER been an mRNA vaccine in actual use before I have no fucking idea what to expect. No one does. Hence people being cautious about pumping it into their body for a disease with a .3 percent (POINT 3) chance of death..

but look, you do you. If you feel like being part of the experiment over something with a minute chance of death more power to you. I’ll take a look at it again in a decade or so if Covid is still around,,

7AF32EB0-702A-4BBE-ACB4-2D50302D8B08.jpeg

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
since there has NEVER been an mRNA vaccine in actual use before I have no fucking idea what to expect. No one does. Hence people being cautious about pumping it into their body for a disease with a .3 percent (POINT 3) chance of death..

but look, you do you. If you feel like being part of the experiment over something with a minute chance of death more power to you. I’ll take a look at it again in a decade or so if Covid is still around,,

View attachment 122459
Imagine if 845,000 American adults crapped their pants.

We know what's in the vaccine and we know the side effects. The rest is your magical thinking.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
How does this process of yours work, where you pretend that facts don't exist?

What exactly do you base your claim on?
Rumors! He said it himself. Just like that rumor that the black leftists were coming to rape and pillage his sleepy little slice of heaven before him and all his brave freedom fighting neighbors scared them off with their big bad accessorized guns and tactical cosplay gear!

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~

View attachment 122459
HEY! Expect to be wearing Diapers down the line in your life when ya get old like me. I already ordered mine in Hawaiian Print, medium, like the old colorful Hawaiian Jams, that Mike Doyle and Corky Carroll wore in the old SurferMag adds. You remember those don't ya! :roflmao:Shingle and Diapers ! Holy chit, Miki Dora! :nana:

and btw, don't fergit yer Roy Rogers / Gene Autry pop gun ~ ;)

Last edited:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
HEY! Expect to be wearing Diapers down the line in your life when ya get old like me. I already ordered mine in Hawaiian Print, medium, like the old colorful Hawaiian Jams, that Mike Doyle and Corky Carroll wore in the old SurferMag adds. You remember those don't ya! :roflmao:Shingle and Diapers ! Holy chit, Miki Dora! :nana:

and btw, don't fergit yer Roy Rogers / Gene Autry pop gun ~ ;)

• Love
Reactions: PPK96754

ULUSURFER

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 2, 2007
Australia
Visit site

View attachment 122459
Come on...stop distorting the facts. it's a .25% chance of catching AND dying. What you need to look at is the death rate of people who catch it to determine how deadly a disease is actually.

Stats are:
  • ~20% Chance of catching covid
  • ~1.3% Chance of Death if you catch covid
  • ~67% change of having complications after 6 months if you catch Covid
  • ~13% of catching covid and having long term complications
  • ~0.25% Chance of both Catching Covid AND Dying of Covid
I'll admit still very low

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Come on...stop distorting the facts. it's a .25% chance of catching AND dying. What you need to look at is the death rate of people who catch it to determine how deadly a disease is actually.

Stats are:
  • ~20% Chance of catching covid
  • ~1.3% Chance of Death if you catch covid
  • ~67% change of having complications after 6 months if you catch Covid
  • ~13% of catching covid and having long term complications
  • ~0.25% Chance of both Catching Covid AND Dying of Covid
I'll admit still very lowThe
He only expects to live 10 more years. There is that. ;)

Last edited: