How many erbbers currently have covid ?

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
To be clear I don’t care what others do. You don’t want to get vacced no worries. I have been traveling for fun during this thing , so it not like I am hiding in my basement or anything .

But in my house you are gonna have to not be sick to hang out. Your house your rules, my house my rules.
I do enjoy watching everyone get so upset trying to argue the same points.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Fairly certain I had it in Nov 2019, two months before the 'first case' was identified in the US. I rarely get sick and had not been sick in well over a decade, other than my usual allergies. This thing walloped me pretty good for 3 days. Shortness of breath. Aches, pains, headache. I thought for sure it was the flu. But now I'm not so sure. Never went to the doctor.

My best friend's wife also got super sick the following month in Dec 2019. She had to go to the hospital and everything. They also thought she had the flu. But her docs at the hospital never could figure out what she had and it took her weeks to get better.

Reactions: kpd73

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Fairly certain I had it in Nov 2019, two months before the 'first case' was identified in the US. I rarely get sick and had not been sick in well over a decade, other than my usual allergies. This thing walloped me pretty good for 3 days. Shortness of breath. Aches, pains, headache. I thought for sure it was the flu. But now I'm not so sure. Never went to the doctor.

My best friend's wife also got super sick the following month in Dec 2019. She had to go to the hospital and everything. They also thought she had the flu. Her docs at the hospital never could figure out what she had and it took her weeks to get better.
My gf at the time and I went to Super Bowl before this whole thing started , we were sick for 3 weeks after.
we took the antibody test and it was negative though.

• Wow
Reactions: r32

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015

My best friend's wife also got super sick the following month in Dec 2019. She had to go to the hospital and everything. They also thought she had the flu. Her docs at the hospital never could figure out what she had and it took her weeks to get better.
In fall 2019 I worked at a place where lots of regular travel to China.

One day at work I got the cold sweats in the morning. Said I am going home. The next three days I was shivering wearing long pants and long sleeve and under blankets in Hawaii.

Not sure what it was but it was not pleasant.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
My gf at the time and I went to Super Bowl before this whole thing started , we were sick for 3 weeks after.
we took the antibody test and it was negative though.
How long do you have anitbodies after you've had it? I'd be keen to know if I have some.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
How long do you have anitbodies after you've had it? I'd be keen to know if I have some.
It was probably the flu. GWS and I got a really bad flu in Feb/April of 2020. I got two antibody tests and a T-Detect COVID test. All were negative. Just remember that when they tell you there was no flu that year.

Last edited:
Reactions: santacruzin

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007

One day at work I got the cold sweats in the morning. Said I am going home. The next three days I was shivering wearing long pants and long sleeve and under blankets in Hawaii.

His is what I’ve been experiencing today. Getting super cold but I don’t have a fever. Body fucking hurts. It’s not like any flu.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
His is what I’ve been experiencing today. Getting super cold but I don’t have a fever. Body fucking hurts. It’s not like any flu.
Whatever I had. I was in pain. felt like I got hit by a bus and could barely move. Every muscle sore.

Reactions: rts265

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yeah, wife and I exactly the same in feb 2020. NYC was swimming in it by then no doubt

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
It was probably the flu. GWS and I got a really bad flu in Feb/April of 2020. I got two antibody tests and a T-Detect COVID test. All were negative. Just remember that when they tell you there was no flu that year.
Yup that’s what it was chalked up as. I was fucked up, coughing like mad, trouble breathing. She’s tough as fuck but was hating it too.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Yup that’s what it was chalked up as. I was fucked up, coughing like mad, trouble breathing. She’s tough as fook but was hating it too.
My chest hurt for like two months and I had low cardio stamina. I'd also get these waves of fatigue and eye symptoms. BUT FLU DISAPPEARED THAT YEAR !

Reactions: kpd73

kpd73

Nep status
Apr 5, 2014

My best friend's wife also got super sick the following month in Dec 2019. She had to go to the hospital and everything. They also thought she had the flu. But her docs at the hospital never could figure out what she had and it took her weeks to get better.

BOTH of these were me up in New England- Late fall/early winter of 2019.
Guy whose brother in law lived in NY used to make the run from NY to Maine would stop in RI or the night hslfesy to be with his sis and my buddies family.
We're in his yard after a session and this cracker pulls in the driveway and gets out of his car looking like he was just born with his clothes on.
We still call him patient zero to this day.

I'm 47 years old 5'9 165lbs around 7% body fat, don't drink- 16 years - don't smoke and no prescriptions.
Only seen a doctor once in 20 years and that was for a torn meniscus.

This was the real deal fresh out the lab gain of unfun-ction low tide caught inside down on all 4's on the reef DOH+ closeout set wave of Covid with Fauci's face in the foam.
I'm a hyper kid from the 70's and 80's and my Dad used to throw me frequent beatings...but this made those seem like my one armed aunt was taking a swing..
A random gallon of water by my bed saved my immobile ass.
The day it broke was the most insane drenching of sweat ever.

Felt good after that but with lingering shortness of breath.
Got the CNN mind wiped Dad please just STFU J+J shot complete with library card of proof and have been sick on and off ever since.
I'm not an anti-vaxxer- just very in tune with my own health and Science.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
BOTH of these were me up in New England- Late fall/early winter of 2019.
Guy whose brother in law lived in NY used to make the run from NY to Maine would stop in RI or the night hslfesy to be with his sis and my buddies family.
We're in his yard after a session and this cracker pulls in the driveway and gets out of his car looking like he was just born with his clothes on.
We still call him patient zero to this day.

I'm 47 years old 5'9 165lbs around 7% body fat, don't drink- 16 years - don't smoke and no prescriptions.
Only seen a doctor once in 20 years and that was for a torn meniscus.

This was the real deal fresh out the lab gain of unfun-ction low tide caught inside down on all 4's on the reef DOH+ closeout set wave of Covid with Fauci's face in the foam.
I'm a hyper kid from the 70's and 80's and my Dad used to throw me frequent beatings...but this made those seem like my one armed aunt was taking a swing..
A random gallon of water by my bed saved my immobile ass.
The day it broke was the most insane drenching of sweat ever.

Felt good after that but with lingering shortness of breath.
Got the CNN mind wiped Dad please just STFU J+J shot complete with library card of proof and have been sick on and off ever since.
I'm not an anti-vaxxer- just very in tune with my own health and Science.
Also in my 40s, low body fat, rarely sick, never smoked, and no prescriptions. My meniscus is still prime condition though. :p

I never understood how I can be so allergic to sh!t (cats will literally kill me), but then almost never get sick like a cold or flu. Never get flu shots and only go to the doctor if I have something broke, or I brushed up against poison oak (again). Science so weird yo.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
My chest hurt for like two months and I had low cardio stamina. I'd also get these waves of fatigue and eye symptoms. BUT FLU DISAPPEARED THAT YEAR !
Here’s another crazy one, my dad got sick 6 years ago I think? Lost his sense of smell and taste. it has since come back but he was pissed at the time.
I guess it can happen with common cold and flu.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Also in my 40s, low body fat, rarely sick, never smoked, and no prescriptions. My meniscus is still prime condition though. :p

I never understood how I can be so allergic to sh!t (cats will literally kill me), but then almost never get sick like a cold or flu. Never get flu shots and only go to the doctor if I have something broke, or I brushed up against poison oak (again). Science so weird yo.
Means you have a strong histamine reaction, which can annoying for allergies and getting poison ivy etc, but it also probably means your immune system is strong,, given that is histamine’s primary purpose