How many erbbers currently have covid ?

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Ok, person who thinks its normal to take a test for the holidays

Please explain to me how living life as i always have is being "poisoned by covid nonsense"

Get that test yet?
None of this is “normal”.

you obviously don’t pay attention to anything outside your bubble, no matter how much of a fool you make of yourself.

this is how you live your normal life:crazy2: Like I said, you need to get it together.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
I honestly don’t understand how I could be and why I’m made out to be.

This person could have had Covid at the time of his negative tests cause his family did and they were hellbent on quoting the CDC guidelines and exposing people. Then two days later turns out actually did have it.

Not at all respecting peoples ask to not come around since their family had it. Constantly reverting to what the CDC says. No consideration for others
got an old group of "friends" (they dont talk to me anymore)...who just basically excommunicated anotehr friend and his whole family (wife, four kids). they invited him to a large multi-family schindig just before halloween...and he (politest/nicest dude in the world) thanked them and said that with his mother in law being on the fragile side and with him not being able to miss work, they couldn't chance it.

not a single one of the families (ALL FRIENDS) who attended have returned nor initiated any type of casual contact/holiday well wishes/etc fromthe guy or his wife since then.

why we gotta be like this? seriously. US VS. THEM is big everywhere and a simple mind plague that we all get at many times...but fug people. the SIMPLE LACK OF RESPECT AND VALUE IN/OF/FOR others is just mind blowing.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
The very beginning of this whole ordeal called from two years ago, it wanted to remind everyone that it doesn't matter how many people get COVID, it matters that too many people don't simultaneously need ICU services. You don't need to keep "thoughts and prayers"ing everyone who gets what is definitively a cold. Losing your sense of taste for a while isn't quite getting lymphoma. Most positive tests are asymptomatic. Most who show symptoms show symptoms of getting a what used to be known as a cold.
If you had a family member with no symptoms stay away for the holidays because they were a "contact", I could see how they think you are an @sshole.

Who had no consideration for others? You made someone spend the holiday apart from their loved ones because of your fear of being exposed to something that, as a rule, isn't dangerous, to a supposedly all shot up person like yourself. You are within the ten weeks that your booster is effective for, right?

Just offering up a different perspective...
really dig the approach of a different perspective...think we all need to step back and consider even if we don't ultimatley agree. used to think that was a ton of hippy shAt but now...seems more than golden.

however...dont think he forced anyone ot do anything since it was his place.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
"Trust the Science!" (Until it is no longer convenient).

"Vaccines work! (But, wait they might not).

"Follow the CDC guidelines!" (wait, they could be wrong).
I trusted the science and got my vaccines and boosters.

I follow CDC guidelines.

Just cause I didn’t want someone positive with Covid to infect myself, my wife, and small 3 year old doesn’t make me wrong.

Let me ask you this:

If someone’s household had COVID- would you let them around your own kids who are unvaccinated?

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
If someone’s household had COVID- would you let them around your own kids who are unvaccinated?
Yes. My kids have already had it and like almost all other kids their symptoms were mild or non-existent.
Just cause I didn’t want someone positive with Covid to infect myself, my wife, and small 3 year old doesn’t make me wrong.
Best wishes to you and your family in 2022 and good on you for doing what you think is best!

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017

I follow CDC guidelines.

Let me ask you this:

Seriously, what is with this "Nooo! It has COVID exposure, get it away!!!" attitude?
Dude, most everyone who gets it is fine. How many kids are going to the hospital right now?
When the 2016 flu season was happening, were you all "everyone stay away from my children!"? No, they were probably the little bastards wiping snot on everything :LOL:

Remember when kids were gross little germ factories and that was just fine with everyone except super old nearly dead grandma?

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
Uh-huh. "Everyone needs to respect and value each other....by doing whatever I feel is in my best interest, regardless of the underlying facts or how that person feels about any of this"
Exactly.

"Follow the CDC Guidelines and quit being selfish!"" and whatever other nonsense was spouted at the start of this. Then there was the whole "if you're unvax'd then you're preventing us from getting back to normal". Now people are vax'd and following the rules and it becomes "those rules aren't good enough for me".

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
About the boosters - well - you can read some stuff I posted on the "Official Coronavirus" thread about what the science actually said about boosters for all. Science at the CDC is only as good as the people who run the CDC and the political pressure they're under.
I follow CDC guidelines.
But on the "Hawaii...done!" thread you got mad at some other people for following CDC guidelines.

Reactions: stringcheese

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Are you two stupid?

800,000 people have died of COVID.

Many who died had zero underlying conditions and were expected to be completely fine but died slow painful deaths. Many children, many young adults, many middle age. No one knows how your body will respond.

The fact you two clowns want to justify exposing more people after knowing that you yourself could possibly have COVID speaks volumes to the type of people you are.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Are you two stupid?

Many who died had zero underlying conditions and were expected to be completely fine.
Right. But we had to lock down everyone regardless according to CDC recommendations.

The fact you two clowns want to justify exposing more people after knowing that you yourself could possibly have COVID speaks volumes to the type of people you are.
You're making a category error. We're talking about CDC guidelines here, not whether it's right to expose people to COVID. Unfortunately, the two are not the same as you explained in the other thread.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Right. But we had to lock down everyone regardless according to CDC recommendations.

You're making a category error. We're talking about CDC guidelines here, not whether it's right to expose people to COVID. Unfortunately, the two are not the same as you explained in the other thread.
The lockdowns were terrible. Nothing good came from that and that was nothing more then politics and it was timed perfectly to a 2020 election.

I’m saying don’t trust the cdc and take additional precautions.

It seems it’d be common sense that if you may have COVID- then don’t go around people for a couple days

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Are you two stupid?

Many who died had zero underlying conditions and were expected to be completely fine but died slow painful deaths. Many children, many young adults, many middle age. No one knows how your body will respond.

Picture 800,000 of something.

You can't. You have no grasp of what that number represents, as an individual. We all exist as individual humans. The risk to you is the risk to you. How many people in total have died over a given period of time worldwide is meaningless information, other than to create fear.

No one "knows" how your body will respond, but they are able to guess with greater than 99% accuracy.

The fact that a large number scares you so much, with no consideration for the idea that a very small risk to you can result in large numbers world wide over years tells me that you are emotional and not logical.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
The lockdowns were terrible. Nothing good came from that and that was nothing more then politics and it was timed perfectly to a 2020 election.

I’m saying don’t trust the cdc and take additional precautions.

It seems it’d be common sense that if you may have COVID- then don’t go around people for a couple days
I'm saying the CDC has failed completely. If I were grading I'd give it an "F-." Now that they've conditioned everyone to do only what the CDC says, it's going to be hard to restore common sense and science.

"STAY HOME IF SICK" was probably all they needed to say. Instead, they churned out an endless amount of junk science that thwarted common sense without any consideration of tradeoffs.

Anyways, read through some of the stuff I posted on the Official Coronavirus thread if you want a longer version of what I'm saying.

Reactions: bluemarlin04

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Picture 800,000 of something.

You can't. You have no grasp of what that number represents, as an individual. We all exist as individual humans. The risk to you is the risk to you. How many people in total have died over a given period of time worldwide is meaningless information, other than to create fear.

No one "knows" how your body will respond, but they are able to guess with greater than 99% accuracy.
It’s not with a greater then 99 percent accuracy. There hasn’t been enough studies on it