How many erbbers currently have covid ?

Tarab_ish

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 14, 2018
Haven't gotten tested yet, but I've been hanging out with my parents and siblings' families since Thurs and now I definitely have whatever one of their coughing snotty toddlers has. Double vax'd but wasn't able to get booster in time. Not too worried about -- it throughout my only real concern was that I really did not want to kill my parents, but whole family is vaxed and/or boosted and so that [inshallah; knocking on wood] seems unlikely.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
Sat in a room to get the infusion with all unvaxxed infected people some who still were spouting off about how it wasn't real or a big deal. How did I know, because they wouldn't shut up about it. Why are you sitting there taking the MAB then?
odd characters.

hope shatevens out pronto for you

surfer57

Michael Peterson status
Oct 5, 2007
NJ
I'm just pissed to disrupt the holidays for my family although my brother, SIL, and significant other are all PA's and nurses so we never get to celebrate normally anyway. Older parents are doing fine so thats the important one for me.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I'm just pissed to disrupt the holidays for my family although my brother, SIL, and significant other are all PA's and nurses so we never get to celebrate normally anyway. Older parents are doing fine so thats the important one for me.
Family member caught COVID.

While two of the members of their household had all tested positive they were still negative on at home tests and continued to go into work.

They then tried to come over for Xmas eve/day and an Xmas party on the 23rd and threw an absolute fit calling and a-hole cause I said do not come over at all and expose me until you at least got a PCR test.

This persons household had Covid. They were exposed to it. And apparently I’m the bad guy cause i didn’t want to be exposed to them.

Sure enough. Christmas Day comes and they then test positive.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
got two sick in my house all last week, but swabs on Wednesday for covid/strep/flu all come up negative. Mrs. Sussle still feels like crap, took a home test on Friday, still negative. i feel fine but have been sneezing for two days no apparent reason:shrug:

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
i like how you were the ahole in the situation
I honestly don’t understand how I could be and why I’m made out to be.

This person could have had Covid at the time of his negative tests cause his family did and they were hellbent on quoting the CDC guidelines and exposing people. Then two days later turns out actually did have it.

Not at all respecting peoples ask to not come around since their family had it. Constantly reverting to what the CDC says. No consideration for others

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
The very beginning of this whole ordeal called from two years ago, it wanted to remind everyone that it doesn't matter how many people get COVID, it matters that too many people don't simultaneously need ICU services. You don't need to keep "thoughts and prayers"ing everyone who gets what is definitively a cold. Losing your sense of taste for a while isn't quite getting lymphoma. Most positive tests are asymptomatic. Most who show symptoms show symptoms of getting a what used to be known as a cold.
If you had a family member with no symptoms stay away for the holidays because they were a "contact", I could see how they think you are an @sshole.

Who had no consideration for others? You made someone spend the holiday apart from their loved ones because of your fear of being exposed to something that, as a rule, isn't dangerous, to a supposedly all shot up person like yourself. You are within the ten weeks that your booster is effective for, right?

Just offering up a different perspective...

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Well imagine the discussion.
"You have been around people who have COVID"
"Yes, but I have no symptoms. Also, you have all of your shots. Even the CDC says this isn't dangerous."
"I don't care, don't come over, i can't be exposed to COVID in any way shape or form. I'm currently hiding in a locked room with a pillow held over my face just loose enough to breath a bit"

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
If you had a family member with no symptoms stay away for the holidays because they were a "contact", I could see how they think you are an @sshole.

Who had no consideration for others? You made someone spend the holiday apart from their loved ones because of your fear of being exposed to something that, as a rule, isn't dangerous, to a supposedly all shot up person like yourself. You are within the ten weeks that your booster is effective for, right?

Just offering up a different perspective...
"Trust the Science!" (Until it is no longer convenient).

"Vaccines work! (But, wait they might not).

"Follow the CDC guidelines!" (wait, they could be wrong).