How many erbbers currently have covid ?

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
How long do you have anitbodies after you've had it? I'd be keen to know if I have some.
There is no hard and fast rule, and sadly, no widely available and accurate means to test anybody's antibody/T-cell/B-cell immunity level. Early in the pandemic they threw an antibody test out there but to was so notoriously inaccurate they withdrew it from the market.

So we are left with all kinds of people claiming immunity, saying things like "I got vaxxed in February so I am immune", or "I had all the symptoms in March of 2020, I am sure it was Covid, so I am immune", and all kinds of crap like that.

Truth is, without some objectively measurable test, nobody really knows how immune they are or are not. It's probably safe to say that if you are fully boosted or recently had Covid you more immune that someone who is unboosted or never had it, but beyond that generalization it's all bullshit speculation.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Plus the supposed immunity form previous infection varies greatly from person to person, how many people have it 2 or even 3 times. Infection caused immunity is not a silver bullet like the stupid think it is.

Reactions: Hump and Driftcoast

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
haha yeah my wife and I took that early useless antibody test in May of 2020, after having what we are still fairly certain was Covid in February 2020. came up negative but even at the time I didn't really give it much credence, considering how specific and unique our symptoms were in February. But you're absolutely right, it's still just speculation. We have both been Pfizer'd and Pfizer boosted

Even though it didn't feel anything like the flus we have both had in the past. I just keep coming back to that brutal, multi day torso pain- beyond just lungs, or just stomach, it was like everything from my neck to my waist was hit by a truck, plus fever and other "more covid-like-than flu-like" similar symptoms.

Reactions: mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
The shivering and sweating at the same time is what got me, almost went to emergency room but did not think I could have driven it. Vaxxed 2x and boosted Moderna and pretty sure I had it early on when it was a complete sh!t show.

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
What’s scaring me is I’m getting this weird sensation in my head kind of like I’m passing out but I’m not and kind of like a zap to my brain.

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
K, back to the point of the thread now that the sh!tstorm of fighting seems to have abated.

On Tuesday, my nephew's dad picked him up from my sisters house. Two days pass, the dad calls her and says he and his wife both tested positive BEFORE they picked up my nephew. So, they knew they had it, and chose to expose him, then sent him back for x-mas day where he was in the house with my unvaxxed infant niece.

So their christmas was spent alone.

Also, my brother was exposed on Friday, and quite a few of my daughters friends either have it, or have it in their immediate families.

I'm not worried about getting sick, but my wife is scheduled to get a full hip replacement a week from today, and testing positive would mean probably another 30-60 days of blinding pain before they are able do the surgery.

ULUSURFER

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 2, 2007
Australia
Visit site
Me.
Cut out booze and drugs after ingesting at least 5 lifetimes worth of both in 33 years.
Eat clean- vegetarian with fish. Low on processed foods.
Not vegan- I would have told you 6 times by now.
Not a firefighter either.

I just train to Live.
So I can surf in the cold northeast year round, ride a bicycle - no spandex mafia bullshit- boardshorts,vans, and varying size backpacks for trips under 20 miles.
Dirt jump flat pedals on a road bike?!

Yoga, teach meditation, kettlebell, weights, cinderblock routine I invented.
Insane first light sunrises and have lived in a van in the cliffs of Nova Scotia- a real Ford e150- not that galactic second home Sprinter shite.

Ride and love Bonzers-.
I also chase women way the fvvk out of my league and say sh!t to really big dudes that I definitely shouldn't.
I live in and run an Addiction Recovery house full time in RI- hey @20W-50 and blood - I still have the "Mexican Sunset" room open for you.

It honestly is less about what I AM doing and more what I ain't doing anymore.
No social media- Facebook, instagram, twatter...I come here for the design forum and do a cringe ab routine to the Politics.

Sorry on the prolific overshare. Late night over here.
@20W-50 and blood be careful or you know who will be sending you here!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Boneroni

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Maybe it's the flu?
The family member most sketched about covid tested + yesterday AM with meager symptoms. Cancelled reservations at the same fancy schmancy restaurant that got cancelled Tday due to high winds/power out, & xmas weekend ended early. Though it was sorta nice to not have to drive home Monday AM through LA traffic, so, I guess, thanks for testing positive sibling #1:ban:

Reactions: kpd73

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
I see what some of you mean about how stupid this sh!t is .

why are we wearing masks at the airport when we all took tests? invest in Covid testing is my advice they ain’t going nowhere

boosters and Covid tests from here on is the new norm

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
I see what some of you mean about how stupid this sh!t is .

why are we wearing masks at the airport when we all took tests? invest in Covid testing is my advice they ain’t going nowhere

boosters and Covid tests from here on is the new norm
i thought the same thing last week flying home. everyone had to get negative test to board the plane but still masks the whole ride, except when your eating the crappy pretzels. theres no way covid could spread during pretzel time?