How many erbbers currently have covid ?

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
You implied it. If almost zero risk of hospitalization isn't good enough for you, the only thing that is left is actual zero. Unless you're somehow saying that 1/10,000 is something you can't risk, but 1/20,000 is...or some other such weirdness that flies in the face of mathematical comprehension?

If you're isolating from asymptomatic COVID contacts, you're playing slim numbers. If you're also not waiting for zero risk....

WTF then? :roflmao:
I agree....and doubt many of us are personally sweating the numbers. I've got people I worry about. I also know that there are many out there, not giving a sh!t, who are more than partially responsible for the hospitalization and/or death of others who are worried about. Too many have tanked. Sh!t...we invaded Iraq and Afghaniland and sacrificed the lives of MANY of our own over the WTC bombing...which took out FAR less than Covid has.

Reactions: santacruzin

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
You are not very good at reading ,
I did not wrote that Covid tough guys are anti vacced did I?

in this case your coworker is the asshole

I didn’t go to work pre pandemic when I had a regular cold . Why? cause I don’t want to get others sick. it’s simple
If everyone stayed home at the slightest cough nothing would ever get done. It could have just as easily been nothing. I'm not going to get mad that someone did their job with that cough even though it kicked my ass for a week and got my wife sick too. sh!t happens. Blaming others is lame.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Without agreeing or disagreeing, I think we can take it as fact that pre covid 19 most people were expected to work through sickness unless it was debilitating. Commercials on television advertised medicine by showing people take it then go to work. We treated symptoms and there was an understanding that you will be exposed to viruses.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Without agreeing or disagreeing, I think we can take it as fact that pre covid 19 most people were expected to work through sickness unless it was debilitating. Commercials on television advertised medicine by showing people take it then go to work.
100% I am lucky that I can work from
home and I have always chosen to not get others sick.

I get it ,you can’t exactly do construction from home for example. just think GD is all
over the place with his counter arguments

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Without agreeing or disagreeing, I think we can take it as fact that pre covid 19 most people were expected to work through sickness unless it was debilitating. Commercials on television advertised medicine by showing people take it then go to work. We treated symptoms and there was an understanding that you will be exposed to viruses.
This is fair. Our toxic work culture and expectations encourage this. If you work in the service sector, good luck calling in sick and having your job when you get better, especially on a weekend or holiday.

Hopefully Covid will change peoples opinion on this.

Reactions: stringcheese

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Things have changed, permanently or not, we'll have to see. In the recent past, I would be inconsiderate if I didn't come to work because of a cough. Today, my co workers will be upset if I come in with the cough, but my employers may feel the same as they did before, preferring (quietly, maybe) that I work. How a person decides to navigate this certainly requires nuance, and is fun to think through.

Groundfloor anecdote time: when someone takes time off from the restaurant because they were exposed to someone who had COVID, or even because they have COVID, all of their coworkers are saying "that's bullshlt, they're taking advantage of this, come to fvcking work you're screwing us over"

Reactions: grapedrink and PRCD

Bullnutts

Gerry Lopez status
Nov 14, 2004
Hawai'i
Now if you have the shots and booster, some of the symptoms are the same as the common cold. No fever. I recently had a cough, cold and headache and now wondering if I did have COVID.