How many erbbers currently have covid ?

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I'm saying the CDC has failed completely. If I were grading I'd give it an "F-." Now that they've conditioned everyone to do only what the CDC says, it's going to be hard to restore common sense and science.

"STAY HOME IF SICK" was probably all they needed to say. Instead, they churned out an endless amount of junk science that thwarted common sense without any consideration of tradeoffs.

Anyways, read through some of the stuff I posted on the Official Coronavirus thread if you want a longer version of what I'm saying.
I’m in agreement.

The fact others who are potentially sick want to go spread it and quote the cdc is where I take issue

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
You got the shot?
No. I decided that based on my health and my low risk of needing hospitalization or achieving room temperature from the wooflu, that I would take my chances with the virus rather than the experimental shot.

Its been a strange ride. I've been far sicker in the past from the flu......by a mile. This has been more of a lingering annoyance than anything. Day one and days 5-8 were the only days where I actually felt bad. Most days I felt 80% with just a low grade fever. Christmas Eve felt 100% and left the house for the first time for a five mile bike ride taking it easy. I'll be back to the office on Tuesday

Reactions: Rlacey111

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I’m in agreement.

The fact others who are potentially sick want to go spread it and quote the cdc is where I take issue
I think they're realizing people are giving up on life so this new messaging is their way of trying to get people back to normal. The problem is they told everyone you can spread COVID presymptomatically and asymptomatically to justify lockdowns, so now they can't contradict earlier statements without reducing trust further.

It's true that there is some presymptomatic and asymptomatic spread, but the science said that the most symptomatic people spread it the most and the least symptomatic people spread it the least. They can't admit this without contradicting their earlier justifications for lockdowns, so now they're giving the messaging you were hearing from their friends which is bad advice during cold and flu season.

Everyone should stay home if sick (symptomatic). I don't think widespread testing is a good idea because asymptomatic people spread it very little, reinfection will probably be common, false positives will be high, and we can't keep doing this. We have vaccines.

Reactions: stringcheese

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
None of this is “normal”.

you obviously don’t pay attention to anything outside your bubble, no matter how much of a fool you make of yourself.

this is how you live your normal life:crazy2: Like I said, you need to get it together.
Get that test buddy!

Mask up!

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Where did I say that?
You implied it. If almost zero risk of hospitalization isn't good enough for you, the only thing that is left is actual zero. Unless you're somehow saying that 1/10,000 is something you can't risk, but 1/20,000 is...or some other such weirdness that flies in the face of mathematical comprehension?

If you're isolating from asymptomatic COVID contacts, you're playing slim numbers. If you're also not waiting for zero risk....

WTF then? :roflmao:

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
There is nuance. I dgaf about Covid but I still don’t want to get my kids or parents sick.

say one of you Covid tough guys gets a kid or elder person sick and they die. You just gonna say “ it’s not that bad , don’t be a pussy”

we have lost fundamental respect for others choices
This is the way.

it’s really that simple.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
This part of the discussion has been about whether or not blue Marlin was an @sshole, in the scenario he shared. I'm only showing that, from an understandable point of view (not mine, just an), we can say that he was. The other point of view had already been established.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
There is nuance. I dgaf about Covid but I still don’t want to get my kids or parents sick.

say one of you Covid tough guys gets a kid or elder person sick and they die. You just gonna say “ it’s not that bad , don’t be a pussy”

How can you say that last sentence after the second one?

You're only respecting the choices of those who are choosing to participate in the hysteria

Also, kids aren't in danger

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.

Your entire argument about "Covid tough guys" falls apart with the simple fact that I got Covid from someone who was vaccinated. A vaxxed co-worker who came to work with a dry cough sitting less than six feet away as the crow flies. After she sat there coughing she tested positive the following day. I'm not angry. Its something beyond my control. Its life. Seven people got covid out of that little cluster that I am aware of.