How Many Are Too Many?

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Isn't "American Idiot" a Green Day record? This guy could have been more creative. How about American Cretin, American Moron, Birdbrain, Airhead, Lunkhead, Bruiser, Dodo, Nimcompoop.

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
The antifa-blm-"progressive" industrial complex described to a "T". Obviously the dingaling that authored the article doesn't see it but that's to be expected of a True Believer.

"The Greeks were right. There is no greater curse for a society than a surplus of idiots, and no greater danger to it than it crossing a threshold of enough idiots. They do lead a nation to ruin, by way of indifference, fatalism, nihilism, selfishness, stupidity, brutality, and violence. They are unable to exercise the basic virtues of goodness, truth, compassion, wisdom, kindness, and concern. This most ancient of political theories — how strange that it’s turned out to be the most accurate one of all. After all, you only have to take a look at America to see it, laughing and shaking its head, down the millennia."

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
yawn. Freedumb? F#ck that guy.

maybe a vote against a revolution? Two competing regimes? Two ways of life? The traditional way of life based on the institution of family, individual rights, rule of law, the constitution, common good, hard work, self-reliance, volunteerism, patriotism, principles, etc etc

against intersectionality, diverging values and ideals? against a movement for a collection of culture identity groups based on race, gender, ethnicity that are oppressed by white males to achieve proportional representation.

A party who believes in good vs a party who believes America is bad who wants to reteach the founding values and principles to whitewash the past, to cancel culture.

I was in Barbados right after Obama was voted into office. Saw Obama stickers and shirts all over. I asked many of my friends there "why"? he's BLACK. Couldn't tell me anything else but he's black. Wonderful. What does he stand for?

Ignore the noise. Listen for the message, not what is said or how it's said. Look for the signal.

We don't know how great we have it here.

I'm not defending President Trump. It was a vote against two lesser evils.

Reactions: Ifallalot

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Ah I see, he's using the literal definition of idiot. How quaint.

I don't think it's a good article.

Calling people idiots when that word has colloquial meaning different from the literal is not going to do anything but p|ss people off.

Plus, I don't think that 73 million people are idiots even in the Greek sense. Many actually believe in this idea called "America."

Reactions: Aruka

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
They're getting tired of being the pet project of The Party of Slavery.
Do some serious political history research.

If we had been pro Democrat during the American Civil War there would have been no Union.

It would have been a negotiated armastice settlement with the South being allowed to carry on bidness like usual.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
So how do you explain the 5% increase in the black vote? Are you saying that blacks became more idiotic? Racist!
I didn’t state the premise, just pointed out you were wrong. pointing out that more black people were idiots this time than last isn’t racist tho since the idiot description still isn’t race-related. The Trump idiot group is race neutral and all races are equally allowed to join.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Ah I see, he's using the literal definition of idiot. How quaint.

I don't think it's a good article.

Calling people idiots when that word has colloquial meaning different from the literal is not going to do anything but p|ss people off.

Plus, I don't think that 73 million people are idiots even in the Greek sense. Many actually believe in this idea called "America."
It is not quaint to look at a word's etymology. It gives a deeper understanding of a concept through the lens of history.

I think many of the 73 million are confused and even more egocentric than anything else. There are many examples here.