How Far Would You Go For Delicious CHICKEN WINGS ?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I feel about wings the way some people feel about artichokes: much effort for little payoff. I like artichokes, though. Short answer is, IDGAF.
Yeah, I feel the same about artichokes and pretty much all shellfish. Crab is great taste wise but the effort to edible payoff ratio is insane, especially for the really tasty kinds (ie not king).

Wings however are worth the work for me. Problem is on the west coast that they’ve been bastardized by clean and healthy cooking dogma. Wings are not meant to be lightly sautéed in EVOO and sprinkled with chopped chives you friggin fruitcake. The dirtier the better :beer:

Reactions: enframed

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Yeah, I feel the same about artichokes and pretty much all shellfish. Crab is great taste wise but the effort to edible payoff ratio is insane, especially for the really tasty kinds (ie not king).

Wings however are worth the work for me. Problem is on the west coast that they’ve been bastardized by clean and healthy cooking dogma. Wings are not meant to be lightly sautéed in EVOO and sprinkled with chopped chives you friggin fruitcake. The dirtier the better :beer:
Yes but when you buy/catch live crab and bring them home, you have the extra joy of siccing them on the kids and having them scuttle after them around the house. Great fun before boiling them alive. Which my son was quite fascinated by.

I don't see wings as a struggle at all and I pick them clean. I paid dearly for it but the record for hot wing consumption stands at 100. :toilet:

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
Yes but when you buy/catch live crab and bring them home, you have the extra joy of siccing them on the kids and having them scuttle after them around the house. Great fun before boiling them alive. Which my son was quite fascinated by.

I don't see wings as a struggle at all and I pick them clean. I paid dearly for it but the record for hot wing consumption stands at 100. :toilet:

kento: still sadistic father of the year!

and human seagull, based on wing consumption.

Reactions: Kento

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
this would have never happened if you were somewhat competent as a 55 year old pizza delivery boy and gotten her a tasty pie on time.

tell the erbb again about why you’re embarrassed about what you do for a “living”.

is it because you drive the pie for domino’s ?
is it because you’re a delivery boy for papa john’s ?

you’re a lame corporate pizza puppet for a sucky chain ? the local greasy tony’s wouldn’t hire you cause they thought you were a creep ?

maybe you’ll get some steady yard work soon, so you won’t seem so stupid and bitter.

are you any good at walking dogs?
a lot of little towns in nj need good dog walkers. give it a try. i heard a lot of wealthy republicans love their dogs and give generous tips to their dog walkers.

what have you got to lose ?
you’re not getting any younger.
maybe someone will let you eat some dogfood out of their cute pet’s bowl.

don’t tell us you never eat dogfood. :shameonyou:

good luck mumpus !

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
this would have never happened if you were somewhat competent as a 55 year old pizza delivery boy and gotten her a tasty pie on time.

tell the erbb again about why you’re embarrassed about what you do for a “living”.

is it because you drive the pie for domino’s ?
is it because you’re a delivery boy for papa john’s ?

you’re a lame corporate pizza puppet for a sucky chain ? the local greasy tony’s wouldn’t hire you cause they thought you were a creep ?

maybe you’ll get some steady yard work soon, so you won’t seem so stupid and bitter.

are you any good at walking dogs?
a lot of little towns in nj need good dog walkers. give it a try. i heard a lot of wealthy republicans love their dogs and give generous tips to their dog walkers.

what have you got to lose ?
you’re not getting any younger.
maybe someone will let you eat some dogfood out of their cute pet’s bowl.

don’t tell us you never eat dogfood. :shameonyou:

good luck mumpus !
Keep fantasizing creep. We do know you a are bitter elderly ex surfer who acts tough on the internets for kicks.