How does the erBB feel about a rushed coronavirus vaccine?

Will you take a rushed coronavirus vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • No

Votes: 26 70.3%

• Total voters

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
Whenever they come out with one, the anti-vaxxer crowd will go on a full court press disinformation campaign to paint the stuff as toxic as possible. Stand by for the bullshit to be flying thick and fast, obscuring all sensible discourse.
Stand by? Just click on the Distant Shores thread.

Reactions: Mr Doof

VaB

Michael Peterson status
Nov 14, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
Asking cause everyone I've talked to (mostly health care workers RNs and ICU MDs) are saying they'll let someone else be the guinea pig.
ask a bunch of 75 year old COPDers on 02 and see what they say. Perhaps your willingness to trial a vaccine depends on your likelihood of death from the virus. most medics I know have had the virus while most ICU staff have not. maybe life on the second floor isn't so bad.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I've asked this question before but didn't get a real answer. so here it is again.

Aren't anti vaxxers only endangering themselves?

Like not having insurance or some sh!t like that?

What am I missing here?
You are missing a lot.

Like for example you are missing that infectious diseases are transmitted from person to person.

Also, children, have you heard of them?

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Haven't had one in ages so this is of no concern, can't see the sense in vaccination for a 0.2% kill rate. Vaccine free is the way to be ;)

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Perhaps your willingness to trial a vaccine depends on your likelihood of death from the virus.
That's basically what it all boils down to. The constant screeching about how virus is no big deal, how taking precautions is government tyranny, how closing a parking lot is a violation of the Constitution, loss of freedom of assembly and a cause to take up arms.

They don't care or understand because they think it will never affect them, so fvck other people.

• Dislike
Reactions: crustBrother

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
I've asked this question before but didn't get a real answer. so here it is again.

Aren't anti vaxxers only endangering themselves?

Like not having insurance or some sh!t like that?

What am I missing here?
Like what Casa said. For something as bad as COVID-19, then an anti vaxxer would risk becoming an asymptomatic super spreader

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
No, I'm curious what their plans are for continuing to make entertainment.
Warner Bros. and Lionsgate have released white papers on production protocols. They are still figuring it out.

Ultimately, SAG will make the call. The rest of production will have a plan, but if the actors don't feel comfortable or don't have the support of their union, zip, zero, nada production. Unless you are Tyler Perry.

But never fear, Hollywood will get back to business soon. For all the bullshit talk about "liberal" Hollywood, the studios have the money, raw capitalism rules, and they are better at it than you.

I'm still working, they want content finished scripts to shoot as soon as things go back.

Re: a vaccine, sign me up, let's get back to work

Last edited:

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
But never fear, Hollywood will get back to business soon. For all the bullshit talk about "liberal" Hollywood, the studios have the money, raw capitalism rules, and they are better at it than you.

I'm still working, they want content finished scripts to shoot as soon as things go back.
BUT RHODESIA

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
am thinkin every snake oil salesman from every county fair in America
will soon be shilling a "proven" vaccine.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Warner Bros. and Lionsgate have released white papers on production protocols. They are still figuring it out.

Ultimately, SAG will make the call. The rest of production will have a plan, but if the actors don't feel comfortable or don't have the support of their union, zip, zero, nada production. Unless you are Tyler Perry.

Re: a vaccine, sign me up, let's get back to work
Georgia's open. Why don't they just go there like they have been? Then they can get mad about the abortion laws and Baptists too. It could revitalize the otherwise moribund industry stuck on repeat. Oy vey!

Pancakes15

OTF status
Mar 17, 2015
A vaccine just introduces your body to a strand of the virus to build antibodies for when your body is actually exposed to the real thing. Most vaccines have side-effects listed on the vaccine insert, which include a lot of serious health issues, and some are live-virus vaccines which shed the virus to others. So if you do receive a live virus vaccine, its best if you stay home and quarantine for a few weeks and stay away from children and elderly folks.

If you're pro vaccine and you trust your doctor, please ask him how many hours in medical school covered vaccines or ask him to list the ingredients in the vaccine. Right now there are 70+ doses of vaccines for children from 0-18. When I grew up in the 80's there were 20-30. My parents. 3. The CDC schedule for adults is where the money is at tho and Big Pharma is coming for you. They want you all to be required to receive these shots annually to travel, renew passports, etc. Most adults don't get their boosters and they know that. Can you imagine the profits if these were required? I mean sh!t they're free of liability. If anyone trades stocks, go buy Pharmaceuticals right now. Like Merck, J&J, Pfizer, etc.

If people in the U.S. prefer to live an unhealthy life but feel protected by receiving vaccines, than that says all you need to know about the direction of this country.

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
Georgia's open. Why don't they just go there like they have been? Then they can get mad about the abortion laws and Baptists too. It could revitalize the otherwise moribund industry stuck on repeat. Oy vey!
Moribund industry? Warner Bros. is about to make billions streaming their back catalog on HBO Max. They're stacking scripts for original programming to be ready when production resumes.

And is that a "Jews in Hollywood" joke you slipped in at the end? Classy!

By the way, you can say "we're open!" all you want. But if you haven't noticed, the majority of people don't feel safe going back to normal life, especially set life, where social distancing is really really hard. So the studios are working to put the protocols in place to get their crews back to work in an environment where the crews feel safe. And at this point, there is more leadership coming from slimy studio bosses than the president. Think about that. They are so much better at capitalism than him, it boggles the mind.

Last edited:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Moribund industry? Warner Bros. is about to make billions streaming their back catalog on HBO Max. They're stacking scripts for original programming to be ready when production resumes.

And is that a "Jews in Hollywood" joke you slipped in at the end? Classy!
Whoa there Hitler - who mentioned Jews?

Back catalog? So my "stuck on repeat" comment was correct? How many remakes will you all be churning out this year? How about my favorite - "Groundhog Day?" Will the "original programming" be totally different than before or very similar?

By the way, you can say "we're open!" all you want. But if you haven't noticed, the majority of people don't feel safe going back to normal life, especially set life, where social distancing is really really hard. So the studios are working to put the protocols in place to get their crews back to work in an environment where the crews feel safe. And at this point, there is more leadership coming from slimy studio bosses than the president. Think about that. They are so much better at capitalism than him, it boggles the mind.
Uh, we're not allowed to go back to "normal life." The government has told us to wear masks and social distance. We're doing what we're told. I'm sure a large percentage of people feel unsafe though. Hire a pollster and you'll get whatever result you're looking for.

• Dislike
Reactions: plasticbertrand

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
Whoa there Hitler - who mentioned Jews?

Back catalog? So my "stuck on repeat" comment was correct? How many remakes will you all be churning out this year? How about my favorite - "Groundhog Day?" Will the "original programming" be totally different than before or very similar?

Uh, we're not allowed to go back to "normal life." The government has told us to wear masks and social distance. We're doing what we're told. I'm sure a large percentage of people feel unsafe though. Hire a pollster and you'll get whatever result you're looking for.
:LOL: Tilting at windmills while the real capitalists rake in the cash. It must be so frustrating for people of your ideological bent.

Hollywood exists to make money. They don't "owe" you original content. They have found (unfortunately) that there is less risk and more profit in their current model. I promise, they care very little how PRCD from the erBB feels about it.

By the way, there has NEVER been more original content than there is right now on cable and streaming services. There are over 400 scripted TV series going. Lots of them are REALLY good. Now, movies...

Would you like to go back to the halcyon days of watching "Alf" on NBC at 8:00 on Thursdays?

Last edited:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
:LOL: Tilting at windmills while the real capitalists rake in the cash from the rubes. It must be so frustrating for people of your ideological bent.
I'm not sure I follow. Do you think of your customers as rubes?

Hollywood exists to make money. They don't "owe" you original content. They have found (unfortunately) that there is less risk and more money in their current model. I promise, they care very little how PRCD from the erBB feels about it.
You sound like a character out of this article. Don't you try to produce quality content, or is it all about raking in money from rubes?
Hollywood, these days, seems remarkably poised for a similar disruption. Its audiences increasingly prefer on-demand content, its labor is costly, and margins are shrinking. Yet when I ask people in Hollywood if they fear such a fate, their response is generally one of defiance. Film executives are smart and nimble, but many also assert that what they do is so specialized that it can’t be compared to the sea changes in other disrupted media. “We’re different,” one producer recently told me. “No one can do what we do.”
….
Between 2007 and 2011, overall profits for the big-five movie studios—Twentieth Century Fox, Warner Bros., Paramount Pictures, Universal Pictures, and Disney—fell by 40 percent. Studios now account for less than 10 percent of their parent companies’ profits. By 2020, according to some forecasts, that share will fall to around 5 percent. (Disney, partly owing to Star Wars and its other successful franchises, is likely to be a notable outlier.)
Here's also some bad news about Star Wars.

That said, maybe your industry will do better than so many others suffering from this COVID thing despite all the previous headwinds.

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
I'm not sure I follow. Do you think of your customers as rubes?

You sound like a character out of this article. Don't you try to produce quality content, or is it all about raking in money from rubes?

Here's also some bad news about Star Wars.

That said, maybe your industry will do better than so many others suffering from this COVID thing despite all the previous headwinds.
I personally try to produce quality content as do my bosses, but often it is the most repetitive and mindless content that drives revenue. That's just a fact, and that is why it exists. See: procedural TV shows.

Perhaps Hollywood is ready for a disruption! Just write a script, break it down, shoot it on your iPhone, cut it together, and start a production company! Good luck to you sir!

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
A vaccine just introduces your body to a strand of the virus to build antibodies for when your body is actually exposed to the real thing. Most vaccines have side-effects listed on the vaccine insert, which include a lot of serious health issues, and some are live-virus vaccines which shed the virus to others. So if you do receive a live virus vaccine, its best if you stay home and quarantine for a few weeks and stay away from children and elderly folks.

If you're pro vaccine and you trust your doctor, please ask him how many hours in medical school covered vaccines or ask him to list the ingredients in the vaccine. Right now there are 70+ doses of vaccines for children from 0-18. When I grew up in the 80's there were 20-30. My parents. 3. The CDC schedule for adults is where the money is at tho and Big Pharma is coming for you. They want you all to be required to receive these shots annually to travel, renew passports, etc. Most adults don't get their boosters and they know that. Can you imagine the profits if these were required? I mean sh!t they're free of liability. If anyone trades stocks, go buy Pharmaceuticals right now. Like Merck, J&J, Pfizer, etc.

If people in the U.S. prefer to live an unhealthy life but feel protected by receiving vaccines, than that says all you need to know about the direction of this country.
smallpox vaccine. eliminated smallpox from the world population. only kept in the CDC and Russia's equivalent or it would've been wiped off the planet.

measles/mumps/rubella vaccine... new outbreaks now b/c of anti-vaxxers.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
I am no anti-vax, I have had all of them (not flu every year), MMR/Polio/&c, I did get flu this year back in February because of all the talk about Covid and compromised immune systems. I got Chickepox the old fashioned way, being sent to a friend's house for a sleep-over while he was sick with it.

We were told 18mo-2yrs for a vaccine back in Feb/March. All the sudden the technology exists to have one finished in under a year?

I worry about a rushed vaccine during *this* administration.

The FDA is an administrative executive department, meaning the director of which is in the Cabinet and serves at the sole pleasure of POTUS. If the director of the FDA exhibits caution about the efficacy and safety of a vaccine and he/she is sacked/replaced a week before the "rushed" vaccine is approved, yeah, I'd be a little hesitant to take the thing. I don't think this is an unreasonable concern during this administration. Could be Biden by the time a vaccine is developed, I don't feel a lot better about that either.