How do you size your mini-guns and guns?

Dec 3, 2022
Got it out in some 6 to 8 foot real surf. It gets in super early but needs to be tipped right on rail and almost just feels like it automatically sets your line. The original paddilac goes straight and is easy to turn if you need it to. The fins feel pretty weird; they lift and track off the tail. Going to set it up with old school Futures paddle quads when it goes out again. That should loosen it up a lot.
Interesting the balance between width and ability to turn a big board. Too narrow and you loose the curve in the plan shape which I feel helps with turning, but too wide and it becomes harder to sink the rail.

money4coffeeman

Gerry Lopez status
Mar 31, 2005
And then I get a txt out of the blue that there’s a 9’7 blank with my name on it - should I be interested.
I really like the look of those.
Contemplating an Oz trip next spring.
One of those and a Banksy would be sweet.....

Sniper

OTF status
Jul 25, 2017
@Sniper, where do you plan on using this Puerto Padi?

As an aside, I want @Pyzelsurfboards to make an OB Padi.

Basically, split the difference between a regular Padillac and a Puerto Paid.

I think that would be the ultimate OB gun.
I have been using it on an outer reef that breaks here during the summer to test it, but I plan on taking it on my trip to the NW in the fall. Hoping it in big OB style beach breaks in Oregon, Humboldt,and maybe even OB if I make it down that far. In the winter here I will probably use it in 8 to 10 foot beach break here on the Westside. I usually use an 8’0 Minami and a 9’0 Wellman, but they are a little wide in the nose so this should be perfect for knifing drops. I took it out again in some lined up 6 foot surf a few day ago and the thing felt like a short board in terms of maneuverability. More waves coming tomorrow so going to switch between the fins and test it a bit more.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
IMG_2781.jpeg

IMG_2780.jpeg

Just picked the boar up. Stood it up against the wall at the shop to take a pic. So it’s not my grass or various items laying around. Haha.,

Tokoro 4X. 6’8 x 20 1/4 x 2 3/4. Single 4 oz bottom one layer 4 oz e-cloth one layer 4 oz s-cloth on the deck. Had Yukiko, Kerry’s wife spray it green.

Plan to surf it in doh plus waves and hopefully snag a couple of tubes. Glassed it light so I can tip it over on rail.

I know this boar got action. I was picking it up and turning it around to leave and just grazed a boar in the used boar rack. Luckily no dings. I told Yukiko this boar is action it already wants to hit everything. She cracked up.

money4coffeeman

Gerry Lopez status
Mar 31, 2005
View attachment 191060

View attachment 191061

Just picked the boar up. Stood it up against the wall at the shop to take a pic. So it’s not my grass or various items laying around. Haha.,

Tokoro 4X. 6’8 x 20 1/4 x 2 3/4. Single 4 oz bottom one layer 4 oz e-cloth one layer 4 oz s-cloth on the deck. Had Yukiko, Kerry’s wife spray it green.

Plan to surf it in doh plus waves and hopefully snag a couple of tubes. Glassed it light so I can tip it over on rail.

I know this boar got action. I was picking it up and turning it around to leave and just grazed a boar in the used boar rack. Luckily no dings. I told Yukiko this boar is action it already wants to hit everything. She cracked up.
Great dims and great looking board!

Reactions: teeroi

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
View attachment 191060

View attachment 191061

car battery for scale. you’re such a hipster.

nice seld bet it’ll go fine

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
View attachment 191060

View attachment 191061

Love that spray!

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
View attachment 191060

View attachment 191061

That thing makes me want to go to HI and get some sick ones on a 3-4' day that I tell my friends (and myself) was a 6-8' day.