How do you size your mini-guns and guns?

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Honestly, an edge board would scare me out there. Don't want a rail to engage, and then another rail to engage. I've never ridden one, but... I'd want something super vanilla that I can trust.

Reactions: vanrysss

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
Honestly, an edge board would scare me out there. Don't want a rail to engage, and then another rail to engage. I've never ridden one, but... I'd want something super vanilla that I can trust.
Anybody else get all gooey over this one?

http://instagr.am/p/C2yujNgLsbJ/
Disclaimer: I have zero Mavericks ambitions!
marc showed some prototypes he was working on last couple times i was by his place and honestly i wouldnt want to try one in waves of consequence.

im probably biased because everytime i see an edge board ridden in the wild by an average surfer they look tentative and un-intuitive under foot.

dont get me wrong. marc is the ultimate craftsman and like all his boards they are beautiful. those guns are trippy for sure but they do make sense.

still charging, esp. at my pedestrian level, is such a head game. 100% not interested mavericks and the bigger wave spots i do hit up, its only on simple designs i have full confidence in.

that take off btw was all twiggy putting himself on the spot. was surprised how high in the water the board rode for the design. mike, the guy who designed that gun, was a protege of marcs when i met him. they have been working on those edge guns with various fin configurations for at least the last 5 years. marc loves his singles married to the edge bottom. i wonder how that twiggy gun was finned.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
THere's a pair of these in my neighborhood for $75 at the moment.
Trying to talk myself out of it.

Sidenote: I walked past the Hess shop yesterday. Looking at the tails of his guns makes the size of his fins make much more sense now.