How do these look

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Fun fact: carbon doesnt expand when heated, it constricts.

how does that do with surfborts in hot cars? I dunno.
That was my thought. Remember Aviso? They're out-of-business.

billypilgrim

Nep status
Apr 19, 2017
I had a 5'7" quadfish in this construction that was shaped for the shop I used to work at. Thing was absolutely bulletproof and very light, but at the time I felt like it was kind of rigid/stiff and didn't really like surfing the board in your typical Gulf Coast windslop. I probably should have held onto it for longer, but I ended up selling it. The dude who bought it was stoked on it and I'd be down to try another board in this tech, probably one of the stubbier variety. If the right Lost shape came up used, I'd jump on one.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I had a 5'7" quadfish in this construction that was shaped for the shop I used to work at. Thing was absolutely bulletproof and very light, but at the time I felt like it was kind of rigid/stiff and didn't really like surfing the board in your typical Gulf Coast windslop. I probably should have held onto it for longer, but I ended up selling it. The dude who bought it was stoked on it and I'd be down to try another board in this tech, probably one of the stubbier variety. If the right Lost shape came up used, I'd jump on one.
That's interesting; my Bean Bag feels pretty flexy to me.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
yeah, yeah. any idiot knows not to leave any board in a hot car.
How does this construction surf??
@MrSteve Have you surfed both BD and DA?
I mean it's not a great idea but for some people, the use case is pre-work, lunch, or post-work surf, and stopping at home isn't worth it.

In that case, craigslist/used rack poly, all day. I wouldn't treat an EPS board like that though.

Reactions: sdsrfr

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I mean it's not a great idea but for some people, the use case is pre-work, lunch, or post-work surf, and stopping at home isn't worth it.

In that case, craigslist/used rack poly, all day. I wouldn't treat an EPS board like that though.
Yeah. I go between multiple jobsites so my car is my office. I typically have 2 boards with me all day: PU, EPS, XTR. I just meant most of us already understand not to let your boards heat up. Just want to know how the BD construction feels compared to DA or other alt builds.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
All of the carbon fibers run uni-directional, only nose to tail, with S-Glass fibers running, cross wise (rail to rail)

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
“I discovered this about 10 years ago when i was using bi directional Carbon Fiber tapes on the boards and was having perfect buckles that looked like samurai sword perfect breaks. I was watching an episode of Myth Busters and they layed up both uni and 2×2 on a sheet of plywood and smashed it with a wrecking ball. The 2×2 shattered into a million pieces while the wrecking ball actually bounced off of the uni. Light bulb went on. From there all Carbon Fiber material we worked with was either uni or braids. “

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
any more ride reports on these black dart boars?

price seems downright reasonable compared to DA or Vanerial cabron.

although it is only carbon on the deckside I think.

kane

Michael Peterson status
Sep 30, 2003
quote from the New AI Movie:

"It was the minute details of Andy Irons and The Radicals that drew me in. I was intrigued by Andy’s struggle to find the right board, despite trying them all. Plus, the fact that he wasn’t tied down to one single shaper was astonishing; any CT surfer caught on the wrong board today is reprimanded accordingly."
View attachment 106876
Hmmmm
Andy sure loved his glass ons.

Reactions: sh3 and jkb

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
any more ride reports on these black dart boars?

price seems downright reasonable compared to DA or Vanerial cabron.

although it is only carbon on the deckside I think.
looks like a dark arts one one side and standard eps on the other :LOL:

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
looks like a dark arts one one side and standard eps on the other :LOL:
pretty much.

2x4oz. S glass bottom if I recall?

i wonder if you can request a little more glass to add some weight. that would be my only complaint with the darkarts is they are lighter than i prefer.