How about that Democrat Debate?

lagunaboy

Michael Peterson status
Apr 24, 2017
“There is no doubt that the Framers saw impeachment as a part of the system of checks and balances to maintain the separation of powers and the republican form of government. The implication is that when the President (or other impeachable official) has committed an impeachable offense, the Members of the House, bound by the oaths they take to uphold the Constitution, are under a particular obligation to deal with the miscreant's offenses, irrespective of whether their bill of impeachment may or may not lead to a conviction in the Senate.”

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I'm so old I remember when there was no chance Skeletor was going to be Speaker.

Minnesota was a wash +/-2, and no seats changed in Ohio or Wisconsin but they put a Democrat in the Governor's mansion in the latter.

Pennsylvania = +4
Virginia = +3
Florida = +2
Michigan = +2
Iowa = +2
Maine, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado all pickups.

People don't seem to hate Biden the way they hate Hillary and Ted Cruz. If you had asked me before I looked, I would have assumed Trump was up more than the margin of error, reliably, in Arizona, Ohio, and Florida. Not the case. Not where I'd be so certain vs someone strong in the Lakes when I was backing the most unpopular incumbent since Ford.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
In all seriousness, how else would either party go about narrowing it's field of contenders if not through this process or something similar to it?
Get money out of politics and give every candidate equal time and we would have a decent candidate.

but no.

day in and day out everybody talks about how much money each candidate raised.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
You commented about money in political campaigns and I commented that Trump won with half the financing. Not too shabby for a first time politician.

Meanwhile Steyer and Bloomberg are throwing money at their campaigns and are going to end up with nothing to show for it.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
So Trump won because he had great ideas?

or because he’s been a spoiled rich brat who’s daddy gave him millions and who went through life lying and cheating?

Tough question I know.
You're such a little bitch.

Go back and read what you were responding to. Trump won while spending half of what Hillary did. Let that sink in. Trump worked his ass off to win while Hillary threw money at the situation and thought she would win because she was entitled to the victory. That in a nutshell explains why people like you, hal and skully are still so enraged. It just pisses you guys off that Trump worked harder and smarter and took the victory. I bet you three are big on participation trophies. Such kooks.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
You commented about money in political campaigns and I commented that Trump won with half the financing. Not too shabby for a first time politician.
Trump also went into the game with name recognition and celebrity status, which in turn got him a lot of free media coverage. So not exactly apples to apples. That said, he did a great job of trolling the media to maximize that free coverage.

No matter how you feel night Trump, you have to admit that his troll game is on point.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Trump also went into the game with name recognition and celebrity status, which in turn got him a lot of free media coverage. So not exactly apples to apples. That said, he did a great job of trolling the media to maximize that free coverage.

No matter how you feel night Trump, you have to admit that his troll game is on point.
Hillary wouldn't have even been in political office if she hadn't been Bubba's cuckwife. Her name recognition with voters was just as high as Trump's. He just used the media more efficiently.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
You're such a little bitch.

Go back and read what you were responding to. Trump won while spending half of what Hillary did. Let that sink in. Trump worked his ass off to win while Hillary threw money at the situation and thought she would win because she was entitled to the victory. That in a nutshell explains why people like you, hal and skully are still so enraged. It just pisses you guys off that Trump worked harder and smarter and took the victory. I bet you three are big on participation trophies. Such kooks.
Trump threw racist tantrums on Twitter and that's how he dominated the news cycle instead of paying for the ads.

I guess being a psychopathic asshole on Twitter is a viable campaign strategy these days.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Hillary wouldn't have even been in political office if she hadn't been Bubba's cuckwife. Her name recognition with voters was just as high as Trump's. He just used the media more efficiently.
Uh no. Hillary was never a reality TV star or blustering idiot on social media.

She was just boring and represented the political status quo.

Trump was exciting, crude and his narcissism was entertaining to stupid people.

I've said that in 2016 when I predicted that he would win at the time when everybody had already celebrating "madam president".

I was right then and I'm right now.

Reactions: grapedrink