How’s the stock market?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I'm using 30 gallons a month with my car.

Then I'm using 15 with my single seat highly efficient light weight car. Times that by all the commuters driving alone.

I know it's just a pipe dream.

I play my fiddle while Rome burns.

Notice how consumption dropped when it went over 5 dollars?
I'm not following.

Higher energy costs make your life more expensive and lower the standard of living.

You could totally remove gasoline powered personal vehicles from the equation but that won't solve the problem - we're just going to shift our energy needs for EVs to coal and natural gas, thus causing the prices of the commodities to skyrocket.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I'm not following.

Higher energy costs make your life more expensive and lower the standard of living.

You could totally remove gasoline powered personal vehicles from the equation but that won't solve the problem - we're just going to shift our energy needs for EVs to coal and natural gas, thus causing the prices of the commodities to skyrocket.
I heard some energy guy say we will be another 30 years of using oil.

The key is efficiency.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Noooooookkkkkklear

a couple of timely tech innovations could change a lot of these equations dramatically. I assume they’re working on that? Sci fi? Hopeless optimist?
but yeah, strike a light to it and away she goes. Oil is so easy even monkeys like us harnessed it and use it for literally everything

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
So you don’t want to invest in my cold fusion start up? I was going to slide into DMs and send you a prospectus

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Noooooookkkkkklear

a couple of timely tech innovations could change a lot of these equations dramatically. I assume they’re working on that? Sci fi? Hopeless optimist?
but yeah, strike a light to it and away she goes. Oil is so easy even monkeys like us harnessed it and use it for literally everything
Modern day nuclear is pretty much there already. Winning hearts and minds is the real challenge.

Reactions: Aruka and Subway

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
If you adhere to the insider buying strategy, time to buy was in May:

View attachment 135320
I got my DCA down to around $4 per share on that last dip. Amazing how that works. I'm now up 3k, but HODLing for at LEAST a return to $15, but still eyeballing a potential high of $20-25

It was hard not selling some shares to grab that $3K profit, but, I made that mistake too many times in my dalliance's with crypto last year

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I meant to post the AMC chart here last night too and completely forgot. So double :foreheadslap: for not letting you guys know.
My 22 year old nephew could've cashed out a mid 5 figure AMC options war chest last June but he got greedy :foreheadslap: :roflmao: He still did pretty well but it was a slice of the peak.

His friend was even greedier and could've walked with a Mil :toilet: Can you imagine that kind of cash at that age? :unsure: :drowning:

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
If I had a mil at 22 I'd have prolly bought a Lambo. Also prolly would've wrapped it around a tree within a week.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
At 22, I didn't even know what an option was. All I could think about was chasing tail at Poly. And I had zero money to invest, although I suppose I could have taken my student loans and dumped them into some new company called Google. FML :foreheadslap:

Kids these days don't know how good they have it with the amount of info out there for making money. So many revenue stream possibilities now. It's insane.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Dayum! Clean energy and semiconductor stonks went bonkers today :beer: Must've been the clean energy bill? Something good come out of Nancy's Taiwan trip :unsure:

Reactions: sussle

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Dayum! Clean energy and semiconductor stonks went bonkers today :beer: Must've been the clean energy bill? Something good come out of Nancy's Taiwan trip :unsure:
lots of good news this week in general. good ER's from companies in the shiny stuff sector like TTD, PUB, MTTR, even DIS popped. slowing inflation and the big bill Congress just passed - have we hit bottom yet?

and i thought COIN had a lousy ER but the stock keeps moving up. :shrug:

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
lots of good news this week in general. good ER's from companies in the shiny stuff sector like TTD, PUB, MTTR, even DIS popped. slowing inflation and the big bill Congress just passed - have we hit bottom yet?

and i thought COIN had a lousy ER but the stock keeps moving up. :shrug:
COIN has a relationship with BTC. And BTC has been on fire and moving towards 25k. So I think even with a bad earnings report, if BTC is rocketing up, COIN going to follow.

Also, [Coinbase + BlackRock] was pretty big news which was announced just before the earnings report. They knew their earnings report was going to suck so they probably held the BlackRock news for a while, knowing they could ease investor concerns.

Everything such a game in the stock world. Probably why the big quant firms use game theory for building trading algos.