How’s the stock market?

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I've been buying bitcoin for the past couple of weeks. Every time I thought it reached bottom I had another chance to drive my cost average down a bit. It's finally started moving. It's a stupid investment overall because the fucking fees associated with it but a short ride up would be nice.
Binance US - no fees for trading BTC

https://accounts.binance.us/en/register?ref=35002581

lruc

OTF status
Nov 10, 2016
Love that asterisk, 0 percent fee but we clip a tad on the execution , rofl . 2 trillion wiped out in 6 months , 1 trillion to go .

• Haha
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Love that asterisk, 0 percent fee but we clip a tad on the execution , rofl . 2 trillion wiped out in 6 months , 1 trillion to go .
I don’t know if “wiped out” is the correct word. More like “withdrawn” by the people who knew that the gig was up and took their profits :roflmao: :drowning:

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Only a tiny amount of the potential suckers out there in the world to be suckered have so far been. Think about how high on the pyramid you could be in this scheme if you get in before another great wave comes.

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
Some days I get slapped around quite badly, but other days I make one month pay in half a day :love:

Stock tip of the day: Seanergy!

lruc

OTF status
Nov 10, 2016
I don’t know if “wiped out” is the correct word. More like “withdrawn” by the people who knew that the gig was up and took their profits :roflmao: :drowning:
Oh , I am sure everyone who cashed out took profits , rofl . The flood of institutional money , the defi scam , and dont forget yield farming opebed the doors for a collapse . 2 percent holders own 70 percent of blowcoin , wait till they turn on each other . 10, 000 could be a bullish target .

Reactions: grapedrink

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Link below is a blog post with some really good analysis of the energy issues the world is facing from someone very well versed in the topic. Probably well worth reading for anyone who reads this thread:

As I've said here before - oil is still cheap.

At this point, is there any reason NOT to be long oil?

Especially for the guys who believe the "things aren't really that bad after all" economic story being peddled by the Biden admin and parroted by the media.

sickdog

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 5, 2006
"At this point, is there any reason NOT to be long oil?"

10 Largest Electric Charger Companies in the World · 1. ChargePoint · 2. Shell · 3. BP · 4. ABB · 5. Hyundai · 6. RWE · 8. EVBOX · 9. Blink.

About a month ago SHEL(L) I read somewhere was #1, Seems like a winner?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
"At this point, is there any reason NOT to be long oil?"

10 Largest Electric Charger Companies in the World · 1. ChargePoint · 2. Shell · 3. BP · 4. ABB · 5. Hyundai · 6. RWE · 8. EVBOX · 9. Blink.

About a month ago SHEL(L) I read somewhere was #1, Seems like a winner?
You should read the link I posted.

Then take a look what happened to lead prices in the early 2000s and why.

Fossil fuel companies employ people who are full of in depth understanding of energy needs and will go anywhere there is money, especially money to be made with government backing. Many oil soaked hands are highly successful in the renewables biz.

Reactions: Northern_Shores

sickdog

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 5, 2006
Well Casa, I do appreciate your help, I made it halfway through the very interesting link. (Economics is my most ADD prone subject.)

I found some lead price charts also, but not the "Why".

Would you be so kind as to say whether you agree, or not that Shell might be a good bet? You previously posted, "At this point, is there any reason NOT to be long oil?" But seemed possibly contradictory in your link reply to me. :)

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I found some lead price charts also, but not the "Why".
Supply vs demand under the constraints of environmental scrutiny with lead as a pervasive evil.

Would you be so kind as to say whether you agree, or not that Shell might be a good bet? You previously posted, "At this point, is there any reason NOT to be long oil?" But seemed possibly contradictory in your link reply to me. :)
TBH I don't know the ins and outs of Shell specifically.

But consider this.

Some estimates have the world's energy needs doubling in a decade or so.

Without energy, civilization comes to a halt.

Globally, passenger vehicles account for only something like 25% of crude oil usage.

Now factor in population growth + greater demand for passenger vehicles + global shipping + domestic shipping etc.etc.

Now imagine what is going to happen to prices with oil being treated as public enemy #1
+ increasing extraction costs
+ declining production of current oil producing arenas
+ institutional policies, both in the public and private sector, that prohibit investment or lending to companies engaged in fossil fuels.
+ price volatility i.e. production running at or below capacity in the face of global conflicts leads to much more sensitivity to supply disruption

All this in a world of increasing population and increasing energy needs where people still have to eat and goods have to be shipped.

Last edited:
Reactions: sickdog

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I will add - adequate energy storage for renewable energy does not exist now, and will not exist for the forseeable future - a very important thing to keep in mind.

Most people don't know what a "wind drought" is but they might soon enough.