How’s the stock market?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I loaded up on a semiconductor ETF (SOHQ, I think) in my non-employer Roth IRA at the recent dip and now it’s one of the few I DCA into regularly. Has a decent % NVDA.

When Nancy is making the same moves as you, you know you’re doing something right :beer:
The CHIP bill is turning into a real shriek-fest:
Not a bad idea to buy Intel though.

Reactions: grapedrink

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
“Remember, Wall Street and the economy have absolutely nothing to do with each other. That being said, if we do break above the 4000 level, then we can make a run all the way to the 4200 level.”

Makes sense to me but the truth is I just smoked a joint out in my truck a few minutes ago so I’m feeling a little spacey. know what I’m saying

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
The CHIP bill is turning into a real shriek-fest:
Not a bad idea to buy Intel though.
I personally think this is bullshit, holding the government hostage like that and waiting for a fat handout.

But that's what happens when companies get used to governments at all level dangling carrots in front of them for decades.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
I personally think this is bullshit, holding the government hostage like that and waiting for a fat handout.

But that's what happens when companies get used to governments at all level dangling carrots in front of them for decades.
<foxconn has left the chat>

• Love
Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
“Remember, Wall Street and the economy have absolutely nothing to do with each other. That being said, if we do break above the 4000 level, then we can make a run all the way to the 4200 level.”

Makes sense to me but the truth is I just smoked a joint out in my truck a few minutes ago so I’m feeling a little spacey. know what I’m saying
None of it make any sense to me.

Netflix loses a million subscribers = rally!

lruc

OTF status
Nov 10, 2016
7/19 93 percent of NYSE stocks advanced on 93.8 percent of volume , a bullish sign , forecast pos returns for the summer rally to continue .

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
and the C suite and board continue to load up. buy and HODL

ALLY analysts consensus is $8, but i think it goes back to it's 52 week high of $15, and then beyond

But, keep those pitchforks handy, because honestly it's all a crapshoot anyway. But, Yellow is really one of only THREE companies in the country that fills a national need like they do, and there are big plans in the works to make them the ONLY company of their kind that truly gets the LTL market done right.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
and the C suite and board continue to load up. buy and HODL

ALLY analysts consensus is $8, but i think it goes back to it's 52 week high of $15, and then beyond

But, keep those pitchforks handy, because honestly it's all a crapshoot anyway. But, Yellow is really one of only THREE companies in the country that fills a national need like they do, and there are big plans in the works to make them the ONLY company of their kind that truly gets the LTL market done right.
Yeah I brought my cost average down by aping in for another $300 a few weeks ago. Lez go :beer:

Reactions: Subway

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Doesn't matter.

The Fed ain't serious.

It's a political position plain and simple.

They know the economy can't tolerate the interest rate hikes it needs to tame inflation...they're not going to take the blame for causing a needed depression.

They've been steps behind inflation the entire time - even when they could've been right alongside it they've chosen to act later rather than sooner.

There's a reason for that. I think the Fed will eventually pivot when the economy tanks and probably throw another stimmy check and inflation will run... Why?

Because it's way easier to let politicians play the blame game with inflation (blame it on greedy corpos, oil companies, etc) ...than it is for the Fed to directly cause a depression via interest rate hikes.

And that is how the Fed will play this.

Act hawkish > pivot > let Congress take the reigns and implement price controls.

The convoluted nature MIGHT allow the Fed to maintain some credibility. If not...get ready.

1 Todays federal .75 % rate hike increase is good or bad or not enough for you, casa_mugrienta?
2 How goes SARK? You still in? Did I miss the brag when you sold?

FWIW, do not know if .75% will tame inflation or not, but hopefully starts to slow the rate. I suppose I like the idea that consistent increases won't shock the system. Taming good, shocking not as good.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
1 Todays federal .75 % rate hike increase is good or bad or not enough for you, casa_mugrienta?
2 How goes SARK? You still in? Did I miss the brag when you sold?

FWIW, do not know if .75% will tame inflation or not, but hopefully starts to slow the rate. I suppose I like the idea that consistent increases won't shock the system. Taming good, shocking not as good.
JPow reiterated today they are going for 'soft bounce' recovery.

Also, feds expected to start easing a bit from here on out.

• Haha
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
thoughts on flock freight? They’re not public but they’re a unicorn that hasn’t popped… yet.

they also occasionally use YRC for their LTL’s

Reactions: Subway

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
my big looser is YELL

Thanks erbb stoke experts :dancing: :cursing: !

Hey, if you acted on the AMAT and ASML recommendations.......well, like I said in that other thread, you'd be foolish if you did, but richer.

YELL is up since the corporate guys bought in back around $3.80....should have tripled down then:

1658961879803.png

PS

General disclaimer time: Do your own due diligence before following any buying/selling anything you heard/read about anywhere and really go the extra step when friends or family recommend XY and Z.