How’s the stock market?

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
for anyone else who's playing SAVE, Jet Blue just upped their offer to $33.50 per share. :jamon:

stock's up 9% this morning pre-market - about $23 per share and rising, tender offer expires next week.

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
What makes you think this will pass approval from regulators?
I could care less, actually. The tender offer will drive the price up and I'll take profit accordingly. Have no intentions of hodling long term

My understanding that is that the tender offer is not contingent upon any approval - just an offer to buy outstanding shares - and pays out two to four weeks after the tender offer expires next week. That means there is a 33% premium baked into the share price right now. NFA - DYODD.

Reactions: grapedrink

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
You'd be up 4.28% already this AM.

That's $430 on a 10K purchase.
I'm still seeing these testimonial articles about how poor widdle westawant ownuhs have to do some work themselves. That makes me think the labor market's contribution to inflation is not DONE.

I expect if we're not negative growth Q2 we'll be under 1%. The rate hikes look like they're getting more cereal.

The heat index is 108 and the Gulf was already boiling a month ago. I don't know if the Gulf oil patch, the Southeastern US insurance industry, or both will take it on the chin, but I sense a hurricane(s) providing some chin nuts.

Potential diesel/aviation fuel shortages.

China upping restrictions for the prolonged sneezing Covid variant.

We weren't up 4.28% when you said bottom. What prompted that statement?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I'm still seeing these testimonial articles about how poor widdle westawant ownuhs have to do some work themselves. That makes me think the labor market's contribution to inflation is not DONE.

I expect if we're not negative growth Q2 we'll be under 1%. The rate hikes look like they're getting more cereal.

The heat index is 108 and the Gulf was already boiling a month ago. I don't know if the Gulf oil patch, the Southeastern US insurance industry, or both will take it on the chin, but I sense a hurricane(s) providing some chin nuts.

Potential diesel/aviation fuel shortages.

China upping restrictions for the prolonged sneezing Covid variant.

We weren't up 4.28% when you said bottom. What prompted that statement?
Faith in American innovation.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I have a feeling that there are people to hire but not all businesses are hiring - even if they have signs and bonuses. Businesses trying to make back the Covid loss would run a skeleton crew as long as possible and over work everybody. But they can’t not put up a hiring sign.

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
Zuckerberg, deep into the kool-aid of his own making:

Meta Platforms CEO Mark Zuckerberg told CNBC’s Jim Cramer on Wednesday that the metaverse could be a considerable part of the social network operator’s business in the second half of the decade.

“We hope to basically get to around a billion people in the metaverse doing hundreds of dollars of commerce, each buying digital goods, digital content, different things to express themselves, so whether that’s clothing for their avatar or different digital goods for their virtual home or things to decorate their virtual conference room, utilities to be able to be more productive in virtual and augmented reality and across the metaverse overall,” he said.
@2:04....look at the Meta screen in between the two, for a sneak peak at Zuckerberg's vision of the future, where we will all want to strap on VR headsets to talk to cartoon versions of each other. :roflmao:

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
We are still having trouble finding people to work at our restaurant, especially cooks.

Took my grom to Panda Express the other day: they're starting at $18/hr and cooks at $22/hr. He asked if he should work there, haha.

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
We are still having trouble finding people to work at our restaurant, especially cooks.

Took my grom to Panda Express the other day: they're starting at $18/hr and cooks at $22/hr. He asked if he should work there, haha.
does anyone really deserve sympathy for this problem?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
we walked into one of the busiest and most popular bar/grills in LB a couple of days ago. Manager looked my nephew up and down, asked him a few questions, and hired him on the spot as a server, with precisely 0 days of restaurant experience. He started training last night, trains again Saturday night, and starts his first shift Sunday evening.

He then got a call from one of the first places we stopped into, also offering him a job. They were too late (and by too late, i mean just a few hours) so yeah at least in Long Beach, the service industry is indeed struggling to find help, even with all the students home from College, and the seemingly endless supply of teenagers that are always biking around LB

Reactions: Havoc