How’s the stock market?

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Spirit also has first class size seats for an extra $160-200 RT cross country and works out to the same priced flight on Delta. No brainer.
I almost exclusively fly Delta or a Delta partner ....almost 4 million miles. The product is much different. I would probably equate a big front seat on Spirit to American Airlines first class...complete with asshole FA's. What sets Delta apart is the customer service and the soft product. Far and away better than any other American flag carrier. Also...if you have a mechanical issue on a Spirit plane it could be a day or two until they run that route again..with the larger American carriers they have lots of options to get you where you need to be.

• Love
Reactions: PRCD and parkiteric

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
Someone is trying to tell me something:
1652718419756.png

But I just don't care.
1652718449278.png

I am on the juice and will ride this bitch till the bed breaks! A raging stiffy from 20% to 40%!!!!

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I almost exclusively fly Delta or a Delta partner ....almost 4 million miles. The product is much different. I would probably equate a big front seat on Spirit to American Airlines first class...complete with asshole FA's. What sets Delta apart is the customer service and the soft product. Far and away better than any other American flag carrier. Also...if you have a mechanical issue on a Spirit plane it could be a day or two until they run that route again..with the larger American carriers they have lots of options to get you where you need to be.
Agreed. I'm 6'3, long legs and with wide shoulders. I've flown Delta domestically more than any other. While the service on Delta is the best stateside, I'll deal with the idiocy of Spirit for the larger seat. I even heard an AA flight attendant say that management wants to them to compete more with Spirit :foreheadslap:

But yes, getting your flight canceled on Spirit is a death sentence for your trip. I also think a lot of these mass cancellation events of the last few years blamed on "IT issues" are really just ransomware attacks.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Just here to say customer service is what turned me into a delta loyalist.

they throw upgrades out like no other, at least pre-covid when I was a freq flier.

Reactions: grapedrink

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
at least most of the people i know are prepared this go around and every corporation is coming off record profits..hopefully will make it a tiny bit easier?

just cant wait for the we made a bagillion dollars more than we had to last year - but we have to layoff 10 percent of our workforce because the man on the box told us were in a recession.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
what do you guys think about end of life care policies?

I can pay $40k now at age 45 and at age 80, the account will be worth over $600,000 with ability to take disbursement

it doesn't grow the same way that $40k could if I invested it in the market, but it's a guaranteed return that will pay bills for me with a bigger payout the longer I go without using it

it seems like a decent hedge

• Haha
Reactions: Northern_Shores

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Seems very logical, but it also seems like you are daring the universe to hit you with a bus the day after that 40k disappears from your account

• Love
Reactions: Your Moms Dildo

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
...because the man on the box told us were in a recession.
That's not exactly how it works (but don't listen to me)

These are the guys you should listen to, (CNBC too!):

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
what do you guys think about end of life care policies?

I can pay $40k now at age 45 and at age 80, the account will be worth over $600,000 with ability to take disbursement

it doesn't grow the same way that $40k could if I invested it in the market, but it's a guaranteed return that will pay bills for me with a bigger payout the longer I go without using it

it seems like a decent hedge
$600k in 40 years is going to get you a chocolate milk, and a band-aid with a smiley face.

IMHO most people in our "wealth" group, you are going to earn that inheritance as compensation for care-giving. A year in anything other than a death gulag will eat the average middle-class inheritance.

Steal Autoprax's Oxys, figure out which kid is going to let you have a tent on the property, when the quality of life goes, jam all the oxys and paddle out at Jaws.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
$600k in 40 years is going to get you chained to the wall with a bowl of chocolate soylent juice, and a band-aid with a smiley face.
fixed :ban:

my friend's grandpa had a teen-to-twenty mil fortune and a hilltop home in Marin with an incredible view of the bay. Both grandparents died in their 90s at home with round the clock in home care . . . . estate was barely a mil, post sale, by the time it was all said and done :toilet: