How’s the stock market?

lruc

OTF status
Nov 10, 2016
Historically speaking , 2 nd year after. a pres election spx has declines of 38 percent , Bofa . Trin had a buy flash signal , add in put/ call ratios , sentiment and tactical capitulations we may have bottomed . Bull juice for Friday .

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
This!

If your employer offers a high deductable health care plan (HSA) definitely enroll and contribute additional funds up to the limit. Your contributions will defer this years taxes and any future growth and withdrawal for medical purposes will be tax free. This is an awesome deal!
yup, HSA is triple- tax free. plus any unused HSA funds can be used like a regular IRA at 65.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
That is definitely a bad sign for the company. She doesn't look like she knows where she is.
1652456205562.png

This is jus a word salad of scams disguised as technologies:
1652456359679.png

It's like someone gave the marketing ditz a lot of money and told her she was smart.

Crypto/blockchain definitely seem like they have their uses but the exchanges and Ponzi arbitrage-seeking are obvious weak points. There's always a difference between the technology and the use of it.

parkiteric

Nep status
Jul 3, 2010
To everyone panicking, dont watch your porftolio every single day. The market blows and its omnipresent. it's important to diversify throughout. You win some and lose some.

Apart from stocks, I hold the big boys of crypto, real estate, very high end shoes/streetwear, and sports memorabilia. Jordan and Nikes are a great savings account. I sold a pair of Nikes retail for $200 and sold for $5000 at a consignment shop. I also sold a basketball card for $30k. So dumb that people would pay that.

Also, keep a close on eye on banking promotions. Chase is offering a promo to select individuals with their private client program. Deposit $250k in new money and get $2k back at the end of 90 days. I cannot say no to free money.

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
That’s fine with me. Don’t get me wrong im the last guy to root for a recession. my billing very well could take a big hit, but then again, I was hired in 2007, and won my first sales award in 2008 in the teeth of the Great Recession. We’re a modestly resilient company even in tough times. What we offer in many ways becomes even more attractive when budgets and belts are tightening.

anyway, the earliest I would even really consider hanging up my steak knives and my el dorado is 2029, maybe 2030. and even then it would be with other income streams in place. My 401 k and other retirement vehicles may not even be touched until my 70s anyway

although I think when you turn 591/2 you have to start taking minimum annual withdrawals from your 401 yes?:shrug:

R3W covered this super well, but if you want the IRS legalese....go here.

For racer1 below: What doe the Fibonacci charts say? Are we on the 5th leg Elliot wave reversal pattern yet?

Last edited:

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Does this mean next Monday will be another up day? :computer:

(I don't know what will happen, just trying to make contrarian based humor.....good thing I still have my day job.)
Depends on the news this weekend :monkey:

I do amit to watching futures action as a Sunday evening activity.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Spirit and Frontier still struggling to even get planes off the ground, cutting back or completely eliminating certain routes as well.
idgaf about routes - this is why i bought Spirit last week at $16.21:

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
idgaf about routes - this is why i bought Spirit last week at $16.21:

It's not about getting planes off the ground, customer experience etc etc etc......it's about profit. 90+% of travelers only concern is the cheapest ticket available. An airline that understands that and matched their service to that customer stands a good chance of being valuable from time to time.

Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
It's not about getting planes off the ground, customer experience etc etc etc......it's about profit. 90+% of travelers only concern is the cheapest ticket available. An airline that understands that and matched their service to that customer stands a good chance of being valuable from time to time.
Spirit also has first class size seats for an extra $160-200 RT cross country and works out to the same priced flight on Delta. No brainer.

• Wow
Reactions: afoaf

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Spirit also has first class size seats for an extra $160-200 RT cross country and works out to the same priced flight on Delta. No brainer.
Spirit is fucking garbage; I grew up hanging out with a family from South Carolina. Watch the Delta blaspheme or I'm spraypainting "Owned by BlackRock" on your rental property and there'll be a family of Haitians squatting there by the time your shitty Spirit flight rocks up.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Spirit is fucking garbage; I grew up hanging out with a family from South Carolina. Watch the Delta blaspheme or I'm spraypainting "Owned by BlackRock" on your rental property and there'll be a family of Haitians squatting there by the time your shitty Spirit flight rocks up.
50% wider seat and more leg room for 4-5 hours for roughly the same price = me not giving a fook what airline it is
:beer:

• Love
Reactions: afoaf