How’s the stock market?

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
I-Bond reset in May?
no, it reset this month, April. 9.62% for the next 6 months. probably has peaked but who knows? :shrug:

edit: no, i think you're right - the new rate was forecast but think it actually kicks in at the end of the month.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Doof

lruc

OTF status
Nov 10, 2016
Oh. I mostly go for dividend-paying means of production, particularly oil (CVX and ET)

What is a PM casa moog-Z?

I also use Yahoo Finance a fair bit, but for stock screening I use e-trade or I just google whatever I'm looking for.
Shark , I have been long OIH , sold CVX on the last spike , but own ET , PXD , COP , and XOM for div s .

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Oddly enough, yahoo finance is still pretty popular and probably the only thing keeping them relevant
it's just an easy interface to keep an eye on your watch list and the market in general. it's bloated and slow but have not found anything comparable. so i use it and hate it. amazingly, there is no Google Finance app:shrug:

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
I think NFLX is starting to get severely oversold. The company is still growing and still has positive cashflow, and is gaining subscribers if you take Russia out of the equation. It had a bad quarter in NAM but still YOY growth plus big YOY growth in LATAM.

It's also quite possible that years of crypto have just trained me to expect overreactions and reversal moves in general.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm shorting Meta before earnings next week.

Here's my anecdotal evidence: I run a digital marketing agency. Pre covid I would spend $100K+ a year on Facebook ads for clients (either through my own Ad Manager or their Ad manager). Most of my clients are retail (e.g. shopping malls, stores, restaurants, car dealerships, etc). During that time, Facebook ad support was almost non existent. You had to really try and pin someone down and wait in a queue just for a live chat that wouldn't even be helpful. I would problem solve through Google, Youtube or message boards (like this one lol). Due to covid, budgets got paused. Then Apple introduced their privacy manager, not allowing Meta ads on their apps/platform unless people opted in. Fast forward to a month ago, I still manage about $10-20K for clients and now I have an assigned ad support rep named Gloria, she's really nice. We've talked for about an hour total in the last month about various stuff. She calls me every week. She sends me her calendly link to book an hour here and there. She calls me every Monday/Tuesday to make sure I'm good. She emails me every Thursday or Friday as well. This is wildly unusual. I think they're down bad.

Yes, they got rekt last earnings call, but they're going to miss again. Their only revenue is ads.

Last edited:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yeah our humble little niche of traditional media has definitely seen a decent amount of money coming from mighty meta. Lot of frustrated marketers, not quite getting the “scale plus target-ability” and data use and analysis they thought they were. People like what is tangible again. I still think there is a place in the media mix for Facebook for a lot of brands, but the spigot has definitely slowed

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Bought my puts this morning then got this at noon: an email newsletter from the “marketing experts team” ??? i have never gotten a newsletter or any type of outreach even when I was spending $100K annually. Bias is confirmed.

5D8A1F06-2538-48A1-9093-C51C99E009BC.png

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Seems like all the Fed needs to do to crash the market is a subtle head fake in the direction of a rate hike lol.

Imagine what would happen if there was actually an actual rate hike indicating the Fed is serious about inflation?

Anyone want to make a bet in regards to how long before we’re at 0% again?

:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: PRCD

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Here's the big question about this rigged game.

In the weeks/months ahead how much blatant market manipulation will we see?

Watching PMs right now and thinking of what's coming - will the same thing that happened to nickel last month happen to silver and possibly gold?

:unsure:

Reactions: PRCD

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Imagine flashing your mug for a photo at a BTC party after flushing over $3 billion of your client's money down the drain.

EDIT: Unsurprisingly, Teladoc now down 50% since today's open. CAAAAAATHIIIIIEEEEEEE!:bricks::cursing::bricks::cursing: