How’s the stock market?

skullver

Gerry Lopez status
Jul 28, 2010
the tube
you're a day trader, right? i've heard SSE is not well-liked by day traders (which i am not).
Not necessarily, more swing trade. Most of my trades are heavy on fundamentals with technical entries. I've only made 3 trades this month, mostly options but had some good dip buys on longer term stocks. I have an exit strategy based on max loss if I pooch the entry or market takes a turn, and a profit goal. If a stock absolutely rockets the day I buy it and it becomes out of my fair value range, I'll sell it. I do watch the order flow and have alerts set for unusual volume or price swings, but definitely don't trade daily.

I do trade futures now and then, mostly /ES and /YM, this is where the order flow becomes essential.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
you made me go look at their high-yield checking - currently .03%....probably better than what i'm getting at the credit union, but not enough to make me jump up and change banks. but anything else Schwab, thumbs up, for sure :shaka:
yep, 0.03%, and free ATM withdrawals anywhere, literally.

a number of online only savings accounts will give you 0.5%, and then you can link it to your Schwab for cash access.

I still have a brick and mortar bank account with the minimum required balance to get no fees for when I need a bank teller hand holding type services.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Ally works just fine for a non day trading casual investor like me. No fees. My real money is in vanguard ETFs etc

Come onnnnnnnnnn. Rivian!

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Etrade - seemed like Best of Breed in 2006.
Coinbase - seemed like a good place to start
Bittrex - seemed like a nice mix of easy to join and trade more than Coinbase
there are some people over on Reddit complaining that they cannot get their money out of Coinbase, at the moment - "transaction pending" for days and days and days. i have a few bucks parked there, so i cashed out $25 just to test it....it will take a couple days to get back into my back account under the best of circumstances but it would be useful to know if Coinbase is having issues.

on a side note, this process of waiting for ACH transactions to clear is maddeningly slow, in my limited experience, whether it's Binance, Coinbase, or BKKT. it seems that crypto would be the killer app to solve this problem, no? i'm sure the bank aren't in a hurry to fix anything, but damn, the current process is slow.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
there are some people over on Reddit complaining that they cannot get their money out of Coinbase, at the moment - "transaction pending" for days and days and days. i have a few bucks parked there, so i cashed out $25 just to test it....it will take a couple days to get back into my back account under the best of circumstances but it would be useful to know if Coinbase is having issues.

on a side note, this process of waiting for ACH transactions to clear is maddeningly slow, in my limited experience, whether it's Binance, Coinbase, or BKKT. it seems that crypto would be the killer app to solve this problem, no? i'm sure the bank aren't in a hurry to fix anything, but damn, the current process is slow.
Coinbase has always been 1-5 days for cashing out USD.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
When you guys talk about the stoke market, I'm like a girl from the 70s around guys talking about football.

I always laugh when contemporary women are football fans and think, Are you fucking mentally retarded? :dancing:

If that makes me sexist, sue me.

I still support a women's inalienable right to kill her baby.

• Haha
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

xxx

Nep status
Nov 18, 2006
To clarify, the biotech stonks are Cortexyme (Alzheimer’s) and Heron Theraputics (non opioid, post surgery). I bought into both because I believe in the products. Total left knee coming up and pretty stoked to try this one out. Really stocked to read that CRTX has the potential to get squeezed!

Having spent the past 26 years working on heavy equipment and seeing how much oil/diesel gets used on a daily basis, oil investments made sense to me.

Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
To clarify, the biotech stonks are Cortexyme (Alzheimer’s) and Heron Theraputics (non opioid, post surgery). I bought into both because I believe in the products. Total left knee coming up and pretty stoked to try this one out. Really stocked to read that CRTX has the potential to get squeezed!

Having spent the past 26 years working on heavy equipment and seeing how much oil/diesel gets used on a daily basis, oil investments made sense to me.
I did well on Cassava (SAVA) earlier this year. Also an Alzheimer’s drug. Bought a fair amount at $10-20 and sold around $100. Then it crashed into the high 30s, followed by a run back up to $135 wher I kept holding and now it’s back in the 40s :foreheadslap:

Basically a meme stock at this point and I’ve got a small 4 figure bag of. It will either go to the moon if the drug is legit, or crash to nothing :drowning:

Will check into CRTX :beer:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
And it's not going anywhere until we find authentic replacements for gas, diesel, plastics, etc. In other words, not anytime remotely soon.

Crude is super undervalued right now.

And no one wants to touch new oil projects.

For consumers a day of reckoning is coming.

Activist shareholders grabbing power in corps like Exxon are going to drive crude prices up.

This means you pay more money for your commute... more money for food, clothing, and shelter...and everything else.

The planet runs on oil and will continue to do so.

Reactions: Rlacey111

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
So here's a question.

My wife's retirement plan offering with one of her most recent employer is a fixed or variable annuity with a 7% employer match.

What to do?

lruc

OTF status
Nov 10, 2016
Read the fine print , wifey just had a similar teaser, I do think thats an adjustable rate

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Stock market going down again and dragging other markets with it. Going to be red Christmas.
No kidding. As soon as I heard they were cancelling NFL games over the weekend, I knew that today - at least, if not the rest of the week - was fooked. Joe Manchin didn't help either.

Reactions: r32

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Just watched these. My dad always talked about annuities being a scam and seems he was right... Loads of fine print that allows the investor to be paid peanuts while the fund manager reaps in bigtime profits.

Not FDIC insured.

Then factor in inflation.

WTF?

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Just watched these. My dad always talked about annuities being a scam and seems he was right... Loads of fine print that allows the investor to be paid peanuts while the fund manager reaps in bigtime profits.

Not FDIC insured.

Then factor in inflation.

WTF?

Any time I see some 70-something washed up actor pushing something in a commercial, right away I be like gtfo out of my face scammers!

No need to even do the research once you see a commercial.