How’s the stock market?

skullver

Gerry Lopez status
Jul 28, 2010
the tube
Is CLOV the next meme stonk? Up 85% today thanks to WSB.
I scoooped up some shares (7.70) and Jan 2022 12.5 calls yesterday on WISH just due to the gap from IPO, (IPO at 24, high of 32.85 and beaten down mercilessly) low tradeable float, and high short interest. It's not something I was planning on hanging on to, financials are not impressive and...well ...they sell junk. Share lock up expires in July.

It has been consolidating and it seemed like it was a bottom, never know with these ones but finally decided it was low risk entry. It turned out to be a helluva trade (open at 7.83-high of 15.55, closed at 15.10, options up 285% at option market close). Locked in considerable profit and riding free shares and calls now to see where it goes. Still gaps to fill and shorts to cover, lots of freshly ITM open contracts to fill. YEW.

Reactions: PJ and r32

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I scoooped up some shares (7.70) and Jan 2022 12.5 calls yesterday on WISH just due to the gap from IPO, (IPO at 24, high of 32.85 and beaten down mercilessly) low tradeable float, and high short interest. It's not something I was planning on hanging on to, financials are not impressive and...well ...they sell junk. Share lock up expires in July.

It has been consolidating and it seemed like it was a bottom, never know with these ones but finally decided it was low risk entry. It turned out to be a helluva trade (open at 7.83-high of 15.55, closed at 15.10, options up 285% at option market close). Locked in considerable profit and riding free shares and calls now to see where it goes. Still gaps to fill and shorts to cover, lots of freshly ITM open contracts to fill. YEW.
I know all those words individually but put together they make no sense?

JK. Good for you bro. Despite my personal opinions when it comes to Reddit meme stocks I can’t deny that there’s been a paradigm shift when it comes to investing.

That said, being as lazy and stupid as I am it’s not for me and Ima keep kicking it old school.

”For many, the main point of investing in the stock market is to achieve spectacular returns. While the best companies are hard to find, but they can generate massive returns over long periods. For example, the Fox Factory Holding Corp. (NASDAQ:FOXF) share price is up a whopping 735% in the last half decade, a handsome return for long term holders. This just goes to show the value creation that some businesses can achieve.”

Last edited:

skullver

Gerry Lopez status
Jul 28, 2010
the tube
I know all those words individually but put together they make no sense?

JK. Good for you bro. Despite my personal opinions when it comes to Reddit meme stocks I can’t deny that there’s been a paradigm shift when it comes to investing.

That said, being as lazy and stupid as I am it’s not for me and Ima keep kicking it old school.

”For many, the main point of investing in the stock market is to achieve spectacular returns. While the best companies are hard to find, but they can generate massive returns over long periods. For example, the Fox Factory Holding Corp. (NASDAQ:FOXF) share price is up a whopping 735% in the last half decade, a handsome return for long term holders. This just goes to show the value creation that some businesses can achieve.”

Haha, I am not on Reddit and and this one has been on my radar since it tanked...and tanked...and tanked.. after IPO, kept coming back to it wondering if it had hit bottom. Lots of institutional bag holders bought at 24, it was only a matter of time before it woke up. I certainly wasn't expecting that launch, was thinking I'd squeek 10-20% out of it between now and next earnings.

Reactions: Chocki

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Haha, I am not on Reddit and and this one has been on my radar since it tanked...and tanked...and tanked.. after IPO, kept coming back to it wondering if it had hit bottom. Lots of institutional bag holders bought at 24, it was only a matter of time before it woke up. I certainly wasn't expecting that launch, was thinking I'd squeek 10-20% out of it between now and next earnings.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I forget when but I definitely posted a while back about how I bought Restoration Hardware after some dank bong tokes got me to realize that rich people be buying the sh!t out of their overpriced furniture, etc.

I’d like to think that I made some of you savvy enough to get the message but then again...

1623336296649.gif

Reactions: PeterDj

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
wow. RH stock went insane. what the hell!
Makes perfect sense. More time at home + not spending money on vacays, commuting etc = desire for more comfort and money to spend on it

Plus all the people buying new homes, or so I’ve heard

Pretty much all furniture is overpriced, even the crappy stuff, so it’s one of those things where you get a lot more for your money when you go up a price tier or 2

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Makes perfect sense. More time at home + not spending money on vacays, commuting etc = desire for more comfort and money to spend on it

Plus all the people buying new homes, or so I’ve heard

Pretty much all furniture is overpriced, even the crappy stuff, so it’s one of those things where you get a lot more for your money when you go up a price tier or 2
short of couches, you can often find local craftsmen who will do custom pieces for competitive prices

West Elm has good stuff too, they use hardwoods throughout, but the designs and build out are not
overly complex and can easily be replicated.

certain styles are also very straightforward....mid century, arts and crafts, shaker, etc

• Haha
Reactions: r32 and grapedrink

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
short of couches, you can often find local craftsmen who will do custom pieces for competitive prices

West Elm has good stuff too, they use hardwoods throughout, but the designs and build out are not

certain styles are also very straightforward....mid century, arts and crafts, shaker, etc
I end up buying too much sh!t from west elm and always feel like my place is turning into a showroom. I always seek other places to break it up but West Elm seems to be the best option for quality and my choice of aesthetics at my price point. RH is nice but considerably more expensive. We got our sofa from joybird and have been real happy with it. Dog uses it like a jungle gym and it’s holding up remarkably well.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

For sure. Wood furniture was not what I was thinking of, but I totally agree. Lots of nice stuff out there.

What I was getting at was sofas, those are a biatch to shop for. I still have a Macy’s leather couch I bought of C List for $500 almost 10 years ago because I literally can’t find anything more comfortable without spending at least $2.5-3k. It’s bonkers

C List in generally has been good to me for furniture. I have a bronze legged glass top coffee table I bought for $40 that is something like $700 new :beer:

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
For sure. Wood furniture was not what I was thinking of, but I totally agree. Lots of nice stuff out there.

What I was getting at was sofas, those are a biatch to shop for. I still have a Macy’s leather couch I bought of C List for $500 almost 10 years ago because I literally can’t find anything more comfortable without spending at least $2.5-3k. It’s bonkers

C List in generally has been good to me for furniture. I have a bronze legged glass top coffee table I bought for $40 that is something like $700 new :beer:
I had a nice wood bedframe and headboard from Crate & Barrel that I sold for way too cheap just to get rid of it in a hurry when my gf and I moved in together. It was a concession I made cause she wanted to keep her ikea bed that she liked. The thing squeaks like crazy in the most cliche way possible when we do the sex.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink