How’s the stock market?

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
WallStreetBets (WSB) is now 2m members strong. And they just fcked up some Hedge funds by causing a huge short squeeze on GME stock. SEC is now looking at WSB, but they have always treaded carefully and don't allow organized pump and dumps. But when someone posts a particular stock outlook, the crowd knows what to do now. :roflmao:
made some money on GME 2 weeks ago when I saw WSB lighting it up.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I just sold CVX after it popped 20% and bought MSFT which I'm going to stay long on. I may get back into CVX. Good company with solid leadership.

I loaded up Apple last week. Tommorow we will see.

NFLX has been very good to me in 2020 and so far in 2021 but I think I'm done buying here.

I'm long Amazon and Facebook. 70% of my money is in Amazon and Netflix.

• Wow
Reactions: afoaf

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
made some money on GME 2 weeks ago when I saw WSB lighting it up.
What the fan boys did was make the short sellers very rich. It's usually the very wealthy that are in short positions because it takes liquidity and nails to get through it. These guys will short it to the top and make bank while the fan boys are crushed on the way back down. To add insult to injury and cash to the shorts pockets, GME isn't going to be able to raise money now and will be stuck with ATM stock sales for cash. No one is going to buy GME trading at a multiple now because it is now poison.

Reactions: Northern_Shores

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
gme :foreheadslap:
i remember looking at it back when it was like $7-9/per. never could have seen this sh!t coming....
what is going on!!!!lol

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
What the fan boys did was make the short sellers very rich. It's usually the very wealthy that are in short positions because it takes liquidity and nails to get through it. These guys will short it to the top and make bank while the fan boys are crushed on the way back down. To add insult to injury and cash to the shorts pockets, GME isn't going to be able to raise money now and will be stuck with ATM stock sales for cash. No one is going to buy GME trading at a multiple now because it is now poison.
already got in and got out. profited.

Reactions: JBerry

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
They’re on to AMC Theaters now. :oops:

92430E93-13C7-45D2-BA12-0AC0626E52BB.png

Targeting stocks that are heavily shorted, meanwhile, makes it possible to orchestrate short squeezes. When a heavily shorted stock jumps in price — because, say, a crowd of individual investors all decide to buy at once — short sellers that can’t take the pain start buying back shares to cut their losses. (In Wall Street parlance, they cover their short.) That drives the price higher, which in turn inflicts more pain on those short sellers who are still in, and so on.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Mr Doof

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

View attachment 104349

Targeting stocks that are heavily shorted, meanwhile, makes it possible to orchestrate short squeezes. When a heavily shorted stock jumps in price — because, say, a crowd of individual investors all decide to buy at once — short sellers that can’t take the pain start buying back shares to cut their losses. (In Wall Street parlance, they cover their short.) That drives the price higher, which in turn inflicts more pain on those short sellers who are still in, and so on.
Yeah, they can have that one :drowning:

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER

View attachment 104349

In real life the shorts keep increasing their short position and wait out the bubble. The shorts are going to make a killing once the fanboys move on to the next.