without the typical penalties...you can spread the tax bill out over
three years.

• Haha
Reactions: r32

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Did anyone follow my TWLO tip a number of months back? (darn search is terrible now so I can't find that post)

Boy I sure wish I didn't blow all my $ on fixing up the house so I could have actually gambled and been lucky for a change. :p

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Did anyone follow my TWLO tip a number of months back? (darn search is terrible now so I can't find that post)

Boy I sure wish I didn't blow all my $ on fixing up the house so I could have actually gambled and been lucky for a change. :p
Not I but nice bump; imho balls required to hold through the Covid-19 snafu.

Sometime between when you apply for a permit to fix your sidewalk, and you're cracking the "it's done god I love uncompensated labor that incurs a material cost - it's so gratifying" beer, please think of Sharkbiscuit's retirement, and tell him what you would have invested that money in.

Who knows. Maybe when the contractor puts you on hold you can come up with something. Maybe when your mind wanders when the contractor is at your place and charging you a fee for an assessment but on his phone jerking some other poor soul off, opportunity will occur to you. It could be a split-second moment of clarity after you've chugged the GWS D-Block Prison Formula Elk jizz rage juice and grabbed your shovel, but before your Barry Bonds hip/shoulder rotation stops and you roll your wrists over, crumple zoning the contractor's face into the back of his skull. Maybe as you're putting kitty litter around the gushing bloody neck stump in the garage, or as the seconds stretch into hours waiting to checkout with a dozen bags of quickrete at Home Depot, reading the packaging and making the mental adjustments for corpsecrete, that hot tip will take form and come to fruition. Keep me posted.

QuadFin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 10, 2018
Bitcoin pushing up again above the pyschological level of 10k this morning and ZRX went 50% again, on news of microsoft cloud partnership. Market has been fire very lately.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Not I but nice bump; imho balls required to hold through the Covid-19 snafu.

Sometime between when you apply for a permit to fix your sidewalk, and you're cracking the "it's done god I love uncompensated labor that incurs a material cost - it's so gratifying" beer, please think of Sharkbiscuit's retirement, and tell him what you would have invested that money in.

Who knows. Maybe when the contractor puts you on hold you can come up with something. Maybe when your mind wanders when the contractor is at your place and charging you a fee for an assessment but on his phone jerking some other poor soul off, opportunity will occur to you. It could be a split-second moment of clarity after you've chugged the GWS D-Block Prison Formula Elk jizz rage juice and grabbed your shovel, but before your Barry Bonds hip/shoulder rotation stops and you roll your wrists over, crumple zoning the contractor's face into the back of his skull. Maybe as you're putting kitty litter around the gushing bloody neck stump in the garage, or as the seconds stretch into hours waiting to checkout with a dozen bags of quickrete at Home Depot, reading the packaging and making the mental adjustments for corpsecrete, that hot tip will take form and come to fruition. Keep me posted.
Upon further investigation and a bit of shovel digging, maybe there isn't a void beneath the sidewalk and it just general subsidence.

Still needs to be done (replacing the concrete and doing it right ), but maybe I can skate by for another year.

And in the depths of winter when a sinkhole opens up and now the job has gone from a $4K thing to a $100K thing, I'll carry myself out the ash pile and lament my woes along the lines of Job.

"Why oh why have I deserted my senses and not listened to those proverbs about a stitch in time saving nine!"

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Upon further investigation and a bit of shovel digging, maybe there isn't a void beneath the sidewalk and it just general subsidence.

Still needs to be done (replacing the concrete and doing it right ), but maybe I can skate by for another year.

And in the depths of winter when a sinkhole opens up and now the job has gone from a $4K thing to a $100K thing, I'll carry myself out the ash pile and lament my woes along the lines of Job.

"Why oh why have I deserted my senses and not listened to those proverbs about a stitch in time saving nine!"
If sinkholes in SF are anything like the ones in Florida, filling in a void beneath a sidewalk will do about as much good protecting your property from a sinkhole as chucking an ice cube out of a drink helped the Titanic.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
How's the stock market?

Completely divorced from reality.
In actions speaking louder than words, I am with you and obslop: the states opening now can cook the books but dead bodies don't help aggregate demand much.

However:
A whopping 84 percent of all stocks owned by Americans belong to the wealthiest 10 percent of households. And that includes everyone's stakes in pension plans, 401(k)'s and individual retirement accounts, as well as trust funds, mutual funds and college savings programs like 529 plans.

If you use Covid-19 as yet another excuse for the GOP to engage in a massive wealth transfer upwards, I would say the stock market is reflecting reality with Legolas accuracy and McLaren precision.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
In actions speaking louder than words, I am with you and obslop: the states opening now can cook the books but dead bodies don't help aggregate demand much.

However:

If you use Covid-19 as yet another excuse for the GOP to engage in a massive wealth transfer upwards, I would say the stock market is reflecting reality with Legolas accuracy and McLaren precision.
the longer the economy is shut the bigger the wealth transfer will be

the people working low wage jobs are losing them at way higher rates

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
If sinkholes in SF are anything like the ones in Florida, filling in a void beneath a sidewalk will do about as much good protecting your property from a sinkhole as chucking an ice cube out of a drink helped the Titanic.
I am on rock and chert. But there is a about a 2 foot layer of clay soil over it (at least in the backyard).

I think (hope) this layer is doing the subsiding under the public sidewalk. We shouldn't have sinkhole even if the sewer line goes (or so I tell myself)...the sidewalk is over the sewer line.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
the longer the economy is shut the bigger the wealth transfer will be

the people working low wage jobs are losing them at way higher rates
Poverty, therefore, is a thing created by that which is called civilized life. It exists not in the natural state. On the other hand, the natural state is without those advantages which flow from agriculture, arts, science and manufactures.
Civilization, therefore, or that which is so-called, has operated two ways: to make one part of society more affluent, and the other more wretched, than would have been the lot of either in a natural state. -Thomas Paine

QuadFin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 10, 2018
Walmart closing jet.com. They acquired four years ago for $3.3b and now failed. Amazon strikes again.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Walmart closing jet.com. They acquired four years ago for $3.3b and now failed. Amazon strikes again.
jet was a weird business model

it almost like online clearance for walmart stores, right?