How’s the stock market?

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
I'm such a sloppy dresser that when I put on a Polo shirt people flip out.

"OHHHHHH! Why are you all dressed up?"

I'll wear a polo shirt to class and then I start teaching and get all sweaty and pull it off and just teach in a t-shirt, my preferred costume.

Then I just bring my polo shirt and set it on chair where the kids can see it.

"This is the shirt I would wear if it wasn't so hot." :poop:

Sry Billy
Do they not have linen in California?

Get a pale blue linen shirt

It will be cooler than a t shirt

It will wrinkle instantly so you will never look uptight

You can wear it with jeans, untucked with shorts, really anything (not sweatpants)

Almost no men look better in an uncollared shirt vs a collared shirt

Unless you have a neck girth like Laird you should always be opting for some type of collar

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
I used to buy tons of stuff from J.Crew

Their quality really dropped off in recent years

Ever since TPG bought them and loaded them with unsustainable debt they’ve been f’ng up

Corona isn’t what killed them

• Sad
Reactions: the janitor

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
linen is nice, but it feels heavy
Are you unbuttoning to your navel?

There are different thicknesses of linen fabric just like cotton

I have a couple of pure linen shirts that are very thin that I can’t even wear in an air conditioned place as I will get too cold and have obscene nipplage

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

You can wear it with jeans, untucked with shorts, really anything (not sweatpants)

Unless you have a neck girth like Laird you should always be opting for some type of collar
I can't wear shirts with a collar.

I used to scream and shout like an agitated monkey trapped in a net when my parents put me in a collared shirt for Sunday school.

I wasn't wearing the button up shirt or going to some Jesus school in Hacienda Heights.

Can someone be an atheist at 5?

My parents were like, oh, I guess he doesn't like the shirt or the Sunday school.

It was then I suspect that they realized their dream of having a little English gentleman for a son were just that, a dream.

If my GF read this she would be saying, "Yeah, idiot! Listen to billy!"

Last edited:

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
I can't wear shirts with a collar.

I used to scream and shout like an agitated monkey trapped in a net when my parents put me in a collared shirt for Sunday school.

I wasn't wearing the button up shirt or going to some Jesus school in Hacienda Heights.

Can someone be an atheist at 5?

My parents were like, oh, I guess he doesn't like the shirt or the Sunday school.

It was then I suspect that they realized their dream of having a little English gentleman for a son were just that, a dream.
If you don’t wear collared shirts I hope for your sake you have one of these

1588727419508.jpeg

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
J Crew had nice polos and oxfords

a lot of their stuff is cut for effete fairymen which doesn't jive with my
mountainous shoulders and large scrotum
The problem with J Crew is its preppy NE'er wear, except for people who don't live in New England, and at a semi-affordable price. Kinda like how Hollister is California surf wear for people who don't surf and/or live in California. If you are some trust funder born and raised in New England, you probably don't wear that stuff. There are other brands that are more in style amongst that ilk that you would have to be in the know to know of.

Disclaimer: If BillyOcean challenges me on this, I will quietly admit defeat and default to his position

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

Linen shirts are wear it's at (see what I did there), especially in warm/hot climates. Tough to find here, so if you have an online source help a brother out

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
Linen shirts are wear it's at (see what I did there), especially in warm/hot climates. Tough to find here, so if you have an online source help a brother out
not high end, but these are tough times:

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
The problem with J Crew is its preppy NE'er wear, except for people who don't live in New England, and at a semi-affordable price. Kinda like how Hollister is California surf wear for people who don't surf and/or live in California. If you are some trust funder born and raised in New England, you probably don't wear that stuff. There are other brands that are more in style amongst that ilk that you would have to be in the know to know of.

Disclaimer: If BillyOcean challenges me on this, I will quietly admit defeat and default to his position
the great thing about JCrew was that they usually had reliable basics (assuming you like khakis and polo shirts, etc) and you could wait for sales at 40% off which happened every few months

the alternative was places like Brooks Bros which are more expensive and also generally cut for fatsos

Crew was great for not too expensive preppy stuff if you’re thin

but then their quality dropped and their sizing got unreliable

and I guess kids don’t like to dress that way anymore either most places although you can’t really tell where I live because they still do

Reactions: grapedrink

QuadFin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 10, 2018
Bitcoin pumping again. Just broke the major resistance of 9400. All other coins in hold until BtC done and then they will pump after.

Dow up slightly at opening but now dropping. I expect big drop going into summer as covid wave 2 arrival.

Tesla keep eye today. Joe Rogan interview with Elon part 2 is released today.

Last edited:

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
wait......I thought the stock market and the economy were doing great and there's tons of pent-up demand, and everyone was actually doing BETTER than they were 4 years ago.

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
Retail companies in bankruptcy proceedings (seems like allot in the upscale fashion industry)
Neiman Marcus
J Crew
Papyrus
Lucky's
Pier 1
True Religion
Food First Global
-Brio Italian Mediterranean
-Bravo Fresh Italian

Retail companies in significant financial stress
Ascena Retail
-Ann Taylor
-LOFT
-Lane Bryant

L Brands
-Victoria Secrets
-Bath & Body Works

Capri Holdings
-Michael Kors
-Versace
-Jimmy Choo

Rite Aid
GAP
GNC Holdings
Macy's

Oil Businesses in financial trouble
-Callon Petroleum
-Chesapeake Energy
-Diamond Offshore
-Occidental Petroleum

QuadFin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 10, 2018
@QuadFin - TSLA already higher than it was on Friday when he said it was too high

strange days
Market so wild right now with volatility. Day trader dream for real.

Bitcoin pushed to 9.9 this morning, and now cool down while alt coins pumping.