How’s the stock market?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I think it’s time for me to sit on the sidelines and get back in long term - when is the question.
When the Covid-19 cases have become asymptotic tail trending back towards flat after the peak, fallout from any credit/economic snafu has been front page news for a while, unemployment stops rising, volatility is down, and stocks are trading flat.

Maybe GWS is right and this will be a V. Looking at what home prices have done relative to wages since the previous snafu, plus a shitload of boomer capital coming out of the market, I think there will be a clear and obvious U bottom, for weeks to months, with the only question being will it flatline for a while and then move even lower.

I like PG, Coca Cola, Johnson and Johnson, dividend-paying blue chips that have weathered the storm and the dividend is out of cut danger.

If you're literally on the horn trying to get an after hours day trade in, this approach might be a bit too shuffleboard and Depends for you.

Reactions: rts265

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
When the Covid-19 cases have become asymptotic tail trending back towards flat after the peak, fallout from any credit/economic snafu has been front page news for a while, unemployment stops rising, volatility is down, and stocks are trading flat.

Maybe GWS is right and this will be a V. Looking at what home prices have done relative to wages since the previous snafu, plus a shitload of boomer capital coming out of the market, I think there will be a clear and obvious U bottom, for weeks to months, with the only question being will it flatline for a while and then move even lower.

I like PG, Coca Cola, Johnson and Johnson, dividend-paying blue chips that have weathered the storm and the dividend is out of cut danger.

If you're literally on the horn trying to get an after hours day trade in, this approach might be a bit too shuffleboard and Depends for you.
I love MDU.

I bought some Monday at 19.

It was 16 today. Back up tp 19 now.

That stock pays really good dividends.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Anyone looking at the mREIT's latest sell-off?

These are bargain basement prices now. Super over-reaction on these already high-dividend payers.

Now dividends are insanely high at current prices. Some analysts are saying these levels are once in a lifetime buys, with interest rates spreads and such, as they are now. Will some go BK? Possibly, it's happened before.

May have to look at these long term, but between potential price appreciation and the dividend rates, comedy gold.

Need balls bigger than King Kong going in right now, though.

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Wife works in the mortgage industry. ALL top execs at her co. did stock sales end of day yesterday. Could be something they had to do, could be a signal. That’s my take.

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
Wife works in the mortgage industry. ALL top execs at her co. did stock sales end of day yesterday. Could be something they had to do, could be a signal. That’s my take.

i would not be terribly shocked to learn that our government full well knew the severity of what is coming with the virus and intentionally delayed stating the hard facts to permit those in the know to sell their stocks at maximum profit.

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
all those real estate deals we've been waiting for are coming assuming anyone has any money left to take advantage

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Amazing how this always seems to happen, isn't this very close to insider trading?

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
They have to disclose it and that’s why I noticed it. But she told me that crap was hitting the fan prior to me telling her. She had no idea.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
If sh!t hits the fan I can withdraw from all the money I cashed out in my 401k. Is it better to declare bankruptcy?

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Futures looking a weak red. People are saying it’s a quadruple witching day tomorrow. Options expiring, margin calls, etc. if it goes green in a big way I may take some short positions