How’s the stock market?

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
This actually might be a good entry point. Buy in a little here and then if it drops further, dollar cost average and buy again. Depending upon how this thing goes. Market timing is always kind of a fools errand, but fool that I am I did mention a couple of weeks ago that it looked like a good spot to sell. TSLA included. I considered it, but I have a ten year time horizon and it's a taxable account. So I'm in for the ride at this point.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I need some good stoke tips
3M (MMM) makes a lot of those masks.

They've been running their plant 24/7 for the past few weeks.

And their share price is down right now, so cheaper entry price. When the markets turn around, which they always do, then you can sell.....careful of catching a falling knife though.

1582912372268.png

Good luck and remember how much you paid for this tip so you can discern the value of it.

Last edited:

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
3M (MMM) makes a lot of those masks.

They've been running their plant 24/7 for the past few weeks.

And their share price is down right now, so cheaper entry price. When the markets turn around, which they always do, then you can sell.....careful of catching a falling knife though.

View attachment 86959

Good luck and remember how much you paid for this tip so you can discern the value of it.
how much of their materials come from China though. same with drug companies. their raw materials come from China.
short term trade could be Clorox as demand for bleach and hand sanitizers rises

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
i sold most of my treasuries (locking gains) on Thursday and placed a bunch of risk back on. i mistimed my move by one day.

i think we bounce next week on Fed babble and if we do i intend to sell into that move and transition those profits to cash.

treasuries need a cool off here and equities should bounce.

also think there's a potential future scenario where both equities and treasuries go down. cash may be only place to hide as gold was useless this week.

1 more thing. energy sector has been absolutely fooking destroyed. bounce worthy.

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
"who cares what we think" Will have to save that quote for everything you have to say.

Don't have a brokerage account like most of the population, so can't bet on things. But all you stock market guru surfers, you know what is going to happen, the market is going to tank next week or will it not?

Get some skin in the online boasting world, Grommster, up or down?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
"who cares what we think" Will have to save that quote for everything you have to say.

Don't have a brokerage account like most of the population, so can't bet on things. But all you stock market guru surfers, you know what is going to happen, the market is going to tank next week or will it not?

Get some skin in the online boasting world, Grommster, up or down?
I love how we have so many stock market experts on the erBB.

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
Not an expert, but can guess like everyone else, so the guess is 'down' next week. Who thinks up? Who brave enough to guess with me?

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Who are the stock market guru surfers? I spent 20 years making my living managing pension/profit sharing money and high net worth individual money in the stock market. Market timing is always a fool's game. Today's guru is tomorrows bum. You take steps re what you think is a probable market direction sometimes, but unless you're a fool, they are incremental. To mitigate short term market problems you maintain a diversified portfolio and have a long term outlook. I used to tell people that if they had a time horizon shorter than ten years they should take their business elsewhere.

But the irony here is YOU are the one who is coming on, playing guru and looking for a someone to "bet"with you. You want to be a day trading cowboy, open up that brokerage account and try your hand at this in the real world.

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
Don't want to be a trading cowboy, just want to guess like everyone else and put it in writing. Aren't you tired of people saying they did XZY a day/week/month/year ago then later bragging about stock market moves that were "made" at just the right time so they can claim bragging rights? Writing is on the wall with new outbreaks in Washington and Oregon, people are going to start panicking and doesn't wall street hate uncertainty? So down is my guess. Me guessing and putting it down in writing on the erBB don't make me a guru, just makes me willing to type a market direction like Goldman Sacks.

At least I am not like Doofenstein giving ticker symbols.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Not an expert, but can guess like everyone else, so the guess is 'down' next week. Who thinks up? Who brave enough to guess with me?
I think the week will finish slightly up.

Bet? Loser has to post a pic of their penis taken immediately after getting out of the ocean from a wetsuitless swim.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
I too think we’ll see continued drops next week as people who have just started paying attention put in trade orders

but I already reallocated into 50% fixed income over the last year so I am not making any changes at this point