How’s the stock market?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
uh huh. finally, the world is starting to see what you've been trying to tell us all along.

um, what was that, again?
"the world"

Sorry, the whole planet does not suck MMT cock.

The Fed is not serious about taming inflation.

The Fed, as Bernanke once said, does not operate with economic sense.

Economic indicators continue their decline - when the pain is felt the Fed will pivot and stimulate.

Inflation will take off.

The dollar will tank.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
The Fed is not serious about taming inflation.

The Fed, as Bernanke once said, does not operate with economic sense.

Economic indicators continue their decline - when the pain is felt the Fed will pivot and stimulate.

Inflation will take off.

The dollar will tank.
I think Powell is doing what he can about monetary inflation. He can't control the rising costs of goods due to shortages and bad policy nor the end of the petrodollar.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I think Powell is doing what he can about monetary inflation.
Powell is just acting like the head of the Fed is going to act.

Wish I could remember where I saw that Bernanke interview - he's crystal clear the Fed is purely a political position driven by the Surf Shack.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I’ve been hearing about the collapse of the dollar from gold bugs for over 20 years. Any day now . . .
Everyone saw the risk of holding too many dollars after the sanctions on the Russians. There are also other geopolitical tensions. Nothing lasts forever.

For the record, I don't think the dollar is going to collapse but our purchasing power abroad will decline as it has over the past 24 months.

Last edited:
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
and the word of the day is "disinflation"....and Powell said it no fewer than a dozen times, just to p!ss Casa off:roflmao:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
and the word of the day is "disinflation"....and Powell said it no fewer than a dozen times, just to p!ss Casa off:roflmao:
and the previous word of the day was "transitory"

You seem not to understand the Fed is a political position.

Inflation will continue to run hot. Tight labor market, minimal decrease in agg demand, gas prices, wage growth, etc.

Inflation at 6.5% and things are looking up lol:roflmao::socrazy:

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
Got a bit clobbered today. I forgot to check the shipyard order book for car carriers :/ 20% of the fleet on order.
They are making good money, but gotta start reducing the position somehow :(

• Sad
Reactions: r32