Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Reactions: kawika and Aruka

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
These are most likely lies.

They won't hike b/c it will trigger a sovereign debt crisis.
November will tell. I think it's curious how the UN seems to have a problem with the rate hikes while they didn't care one bit while countries were printing copious amounts of money in such a short time.

IMO the FED will raise at least 50 basis points... at least.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
November will tell. I think it's curious how the UN seems to have a problem with the rate hikes while they didn't care one bit while countries were printing copious amounts of money in such a short time.
Short term thinking and no ability to see long-term causality.
IMO the FED will raise at least 50 basis points... at least.
This will increase the interest on the debt that was used to print the money over the last two years. Increasing interest payments on sovereign debt crowds-out mandatory entitlements in budgets. 75% of USG budget, for example, is automatic. IOW, there's no room in the budget to spend more on debt due to rate hikes.
1665161208029.png

The gray part of the pie will increase too much with more rate hikes.

Last edited:
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Short term thinking and no ability to see long-term causality.

This will increase the interest on the debt that was used to print the money over the last two years. Increasing interest payments on sovereign debt crowds-out mandatory entitlements in budgets. 75% of USG budget, for example, is automatic. IOW, there's no room in the budget to spend more on debt due to rate hikes.
View attachment 139411

The gray part of the pie will increase too much with more rate hikes.
Yeah but you get to pay down that debt with cheaper inflated dollars. Prob a wash in the end.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I got $125 Meta puts that are currently printing. They expire Oct 21st (don't know why on Earth I chose that date earlier this year). Do we got more to go down? Should I sell at open Monday?

I also got $120 Meta puts that expire Dec 23rd that are printing nicely as well. Gonna sell 25% of those and ride the rest.